Dakhil

"Dragon Quest XI S DLC 'Voice Drama' trailer: 'The Two Thieves and the Legendary Treasure'"

https://gematsu.com/2019/07/dragon-quest-xi-s-dlc-voice-drama-trailer-the-two-thieves-and-the-legendary-treasure

Whilst it's unlikely this is coming to the western version of Dragon Quest XI S, I would be pleasantly surprised if this does come to the western version of Dragon Quest XI S.

DQ11-DLC_07-04-19.jpg

Square Enix has released a short trailer showcasing the "Voice Drama" downloadable content for Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition, dubbed "The Two Thieves and the Legendary Treasure."

Here is an overview of the scene.

"—he…lp…me…"

Before his first encounter with the Hero, the thief Erik wandered about the world of Erdrea. There, he met a man. The great adventure drama of two sad thieves surround a legendary treasure is about to begin…!

Featuring: Erik, Mia, Derk, Don Cannoli, and The Seer

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition is due out for Switch worldwide on September 27.

Watch the trailer below.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if that could be some kind of tie in for the supposed upcoming Monsters title with Mia and Erik in it?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Woodus said:

I wonder if that could be some kind of tie in for the supposed upcoming Monsters title with Mia and Erik in it?

Probably.  I mean Monsters has become more story oriented since Joker.  Technically since Monsters 2, but Joker 1 was much more story centric, at least for the main game.

Plus, the original Monsters spins off an earlier unknown tale based on Milly and Terry's existing relationship.  That as her brother, Terry has been non-stop saving her from an early age.

Kiefer's plays off his misadventures.

Young Yangus and Taloon's games were based on their misadventures (and Torneko's penchant for searching for the strongest weapons).

I'd guess not. The Monsters stuff doesn't seem to have a huge tie-in. Just the same characters in the alternate timeline past/future with a brief nod to main story stuff.

Oh, and just to make this official. 23fecf77f241a8dc6abef3bcffe09d27.jpg

36 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I'd guess not. The Monsters stuff doesn't seem to have a huge tie-in. Just the same characters in the alternate timeline past/future with a brief nod to main story stuff.

Oh, and just to make this official. 23fecf77f241a8dc6abef3bcffe09d27.jpg

True, it's not like they were ripped from direct storylines.  Only indirect unknowns that followed known elements (Terry always saving Milly for example, Kiefer always getting himself in trouble by wandering places).

• Like 1

This is the weirdest thing I’ve seen in a video game. Usually voice dramas are their own separate thing bundled with like a volume of manga or an anime Blu-Ray or something. I’ve never seen a voice drama as a piece of DLC in a game. They literally might as well make it a visual novel at that point. All they need is character art on the screen and they’d be basically done.