Sign in to follow this  
AustNerevar

Super Mario Maker 2

Did anyone else here pick this up? I never owned the first one as I didn't have a Wii U but I always want it. I have spent the entire weekend playing MM2. It is insanely addictive.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I might in the future. Right now I’m way too addicted to Smash Bros. Ultimate and Mario Odyssey to play anything else on Switch. I enjoyed Mario Maker 1 and enjoyed messing around with the level editor tools, so I imagine I’ll enjoy Maker 2 just as much.

Having story mode will help break up just building custom levels. I like custom building, but having goals to work towards or a mode with goals helps get my creative juices flowing. Seeing how what’s asked of you elsewhere makes my brain go, “Oh, that’s a good idea for a level,” and then form something new around that. 

Got this last Friday, but I'm nowhere near as addicted to it as the first Mario Maker.

I can't tell if it's just that I've basically tried all this before, or it's the fact that they made the creation tool much more "sterile" in the way you change out how stuff work. Dragging random objects onto eachother to see the results, or shaking them to find out what would happen just felt much more fun, and really helped spark my creativity. For this one I have really no ideas for what to go with, despite it generally giving me more options.

There are some extremely obvious things missing that the original game was also missing, and it's baffling to me that they didn't add it for the sequel. Such as being able to share an entire "world" of successive thematic stages.

Mario Maker is half of the content I stream. I was obsessed with the first one on WiiU and this one is absolutely amazing so far. Can't wait to see what crazy difficult kaizo levels and tech pop up in the next few weeks/months.

I've played it all weekend. Spent a lot of time remaking a couple of Mega Man X levels.

They didn't have it this week at Wal-Mart, but it might be in my box from Gamefly later today.

If I like it, I'm buying it next wednsday with the last of my overtime. I got Bloodstained last week.

I got Bloodstained last week.

Oxyclean typically takes that out. Soak for 30 minutes first and wash on the warmest setting you're conformable for that garment.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:57 AM, AustNerevar said:

I've played it all weekend. Spent a lot of time remaking a couple of Mega Man X levels.

What are the level codes? I'd love to play them on stream.

What are the level codes? I'd love to play them on stream.
KMQ-5KK-SWF - Highway Stage
RXK-7J8-XBG - Sting Chameleon
YYV-2HF-1QF - Storm Eagle

That's all I have so far. I plan to do the rest later.

Very fun and addictive game, for those who love platform games, this is a must! the best 2D Mario game! Having not been able to play on Wii U, I am very happy to be able to play on Switch.

VPN Sai Mannat AnyDesk

Edited by avensis
  • Like 1