Woodus

Dragon Quest Builders 2 Demo - Playthru on Switch

dqbuilders2.png

Here is a video capture I took of playing thru the Builders 2 Demo last night if anyone wants to see it. No commentary (no one wants to hear me talk :P).

Posted (edited)

Not sure if it was in the video, but 2 things I want to add that I found is that there is a hidden cave/dungeon underneath the mountain of the builders accessible only by swimming through the south/west side of the mountain if I remember correctly. However, its locked by a gate so theres no way of getting in. That and if you level up to level 3 you unlock a sword recipe. Don't remember if it was the bronze or broadsword, and you can't access the sword recipe either in your recipe history even though you unlock it. Malroth basically states you need an anvil instead of a work table to make it but thats it. Havent figured out if there's an anvil to make it.

Edited by Flute_Warrior

dqbuilders2.png

Here is a video capture I took of playing thru the Builders 2 Demo last night if anyone wants to see it. No commentary (no one wants to hear me talk ).

That more than 1 minute loading time for the game has me worried. Seems far too long for a digital version.

Yeah that first load is looooong, but after that I didn't notice anything terrible.

To be fair, the first game does take a bit to load up when you jump into one of your save files. Builders 2 probably has a lot more content and structure that it takes longer to load.

Yeah that first load is looooong, but after that I didn't notice anything terrible.
True!

On 6/28/2019 at 2:53 PM, Flute_Warrior said:

Not sure if it was in the video, but 2 things I want to add that I found is that there is a hidden cave/dungeon underneath the mountain of the builders accessible only by swimming through the south/west side of the mountain if I remember correctly. However, its locked by a gate so theres no way of getting in. That and if you level up to level 3 you unlock a sword recipe. Don't remember if it was the bronze or broadsword, and you can't access the sword recipe either in your recipe history even though you unlock it. Malroth basically states you need an anvil instead of a work table to make it but thats it. Havent figured out if there's an anvil to make it.

@Flute_Warrior You CAN, in fact, get into that room...but, it takes considerable work, can't be accessed during the demo, and isn't really useful until way later in the game:

It basically requires you to break through several layers of mountain and enter the dungeon through the top of a stained glass window.

You can find more info, here.  There are a lot of cool (mostly green-shaded) materials to get, there.  I believe, from the FMV, it's the green temple where the monsters worship in the opening movie.

https://game8.jp/dqb2/259657

18 hours ago, mjhopkins81 said:

@Flute_Warrior You CAN, in fact, get into that room...but, it takes considerable work, can't be accessed during the demo, and isn't really useful until way later in the game.

I actually found out a couple of days ago in the demo that there are two secret rooms underneath the mountain. One locked by a gate, which im assuming another hammer is needed to break through, and another just to the right of it, which you can get into in the demo, but requires extensive digging and searching for stained glass as well. Seems those two rooms are connected, but in the demo at least, the second secret room has a door which is unable to be opened.

• Like 1