Sign in to follow this  
mysticshadow73

I finally beat my first run of DQVI *ending spoilers*

It's been a long time coming. Like over 8 years, considering I bought it on DS launch day. I got super side tracked by the desire to grind out vocations. That's a problem I also had with DQ7, I just felt so underpowered until I had a chance to grind them out but then I didn't know when to stop, so I mastered then all .. That caused the hiatus. But holy crap that ending and subsequent credits roll had me feeling like crap. Ashlynn became my favorite character so I was really feeling the implied ship there with the MC. This was the first time a DQ game gave me a melancholic ending. I thought it was a great game over all, even if the challenge was all over the place, favoring the difficult side, but that ending tho. Even the post credits scene did little to make me feel better about it.

After I got over it (I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying!) I went into the bonus dungeon just to get dominated by Nokturnus. Is he supposed to be the strongest entity in the whole entirety of Dragon Quest? Sure felt like it. Reckon I'll try him again with LMS/Paladin strats soon. Repear's Peak was pretty cool. I knew what was up there so I saved before hand so I could see them all. Despite 4 being my favorite of the Zenithian Trilogy, I thought the 5 version of Repear's Peak was the best (then again, anything with the best waifu of all time, Debora, is the best). I guess after I take care of Nokturnus I can move onto the last 2 games in the main series I haven't beaten, 8 and 11.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yep, he's pretty much the hardest.

Wow, you've got 2 of the best yet to play! Keep on enjoying!

I managed to beat him with little trouble using the LMS & Forebearance strategy. Even got another Liquid Metal Mind off of him. The Mortamer fight after that was hilarious. I was totally getting some DBZ vibes off of it. Also went back through a checklist and found the 3 mini medals I was missing. Found 2 pretty much immediately because I kinda figured I was missing those, but that last one was the 7th to last one on the whole list. Not much else to do in this game now besides stat maxing, item farming, and getting 13 more Liquid Metal Minds. Think I will pass on all that. Time to shelf this game.

Mudow (Mudo) is one of the toughest bosses I've ever battled. Hellcloud is the other.

Murdaw was definitly tough as nails. Feels like he should have been after Alltrades Abbey.

• Like 1

Mudow (Mudo) is one of the toughest bosses I've ever battled. Hellcloud is the other.
#$*!ing Hellcloud! He was only hard the first time I played. The second time I had learned to spam Sword Dance with everyone by that time so it was easy and he definitely didn't feel hard in 3DS. But first time out, yikes! Many deaths.