Sign in to follow this  
ignasia

Builders 1 Conqueror Challenge rant thread

So I need to get out my frustrations.  Given each time a new chapter is taken up, the entire map setting is created from scratch with varying degrees of commonality (like certain caves are generally in the same area, all quests are located in the same area).

Cantlin I'll have to redo all over again, as my first time through I couldn't help but make a tower.  My second...well I made not just a tower, but multiple layers leading up to it, and an underground section.  Like 280 or so days worth of time spent before finishing it off.

Right now trying with Rimuldar, following the GameFAQs guide, and while the guide is great, there is a huge issue with my map at multiple points.  First period of gathering took awhile as the limitations of certain items required moving well beyond the first mountain section to the second to fill out, and sadly no extra left over as suggested for later collection for a garden.  That's going to be fun...as it will take me awhile to get to the closest area with butterbeans, cotton, flowers, etc. left over.  I guess it really is luck of the draw.  The most fun part is the second section of the game, with the fields of paralysis inducing flowers.  There were only 3 Pongsettia when I should have been able to collect 5.  Took me an extra 4 days just searching the entire area to double check, and no dice with the overhead camera.  So I'm already 7 days over and will probably have to redo this whole thing again.  I'm hoping I'll have much better luck with the next areas to reduce time, and maybe eek out a 30 day completion.

I can see Cantlin though, given I'm used to it...though I don't think I could have done it with first attempt given the position of certain caves would have added a lot of time with climbing back up and down (caves in the mountainside in the first warp area, rather than just outside).

Lesson learned.  There really is a definitive advantage/disadvantage to the initial map creation.

That said the guide is really good and very specific, though I would say gathering more foodstuffs and healing items is beneficial depending on map layout.  Cantlin my first time through was solid for the later areas, but the initial areas, not so much.  I would say initial areas are more integral to timing given it's about basic items.

Anyway, back to attempting a 30 day completion reward.  Seems like the later areas are less intense in the number of actions required to complete, with Cantlin and Rimuldar being the most significant, and largest number of required actions.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/178200-dragon-quest-builders/faqs/73983?page=1

150 different types?  Wow...I'd have gotten that one for sure.

Well, I'll just have to buy it again.

Edited by ignasia

22 minutes ago, ignasia said:

150 different types?  Wow...I'd have gotten that one for sure.

Well, I'll just have to buy it again.

Be a real man and buy it for all three consoles!

Joke aside, Builders 1 was the first Switch game I bought and have owned it for over a year. What’s funnier yet is that the first PS4 game I got was Builders 1 as well.

2 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Be a real man and buy it for all three consoles!

Joke aside, Builders 1 was the first Switch game I bought and have owned it for over a year. What’s funnier yet is that the first PS4 game I got was Builders 1 as well.

I can see that.  The only issue being a physical Switch copy is now rather expensive new.

Thinking about Builders 2 though, given the Switch version of Builders 1 has distinct DLC from the PS4, I wonder if the Switch and PS4 will end up with the same DLC content and pricing indexes, or if the PS4 comes with all the Switch DLC on-disc?

Edited by ignasia

18 hours ago, ignasia said:

I can see that.  The only issue being a physical Switch copy is now rather expensive new.

Thinking about Builders 2 though, given the Switch version of Builders 1 has distinct DLC from the PS4, I wonder if the Switch and PS4 will end up with the same DLC content and pricing indexes, or if the PS4 comes with all the Switch DLC on-disc?

With the exception of the recipes for the Legendary Builder's outfit and Dragonlord's Throne if you have a save file of Dragon Quest Builders on the Nintendo Switch, It seems like the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 version of Dragon Quest Builders 2 will have the same DLC content. But I have no idea if Square Enix will bring the recipes for the Legendary Builder's outfit and Dragonlord's Throne to the PlayStation 4 version.

And no kidding. It seems like brand new copies of the Nintendo Switch version are sold out everywhere, except at eBay and Target. I guess Nintendo didn't print out many copies of Dragon Quest Builders since they didn't expect much sales.

10 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

With the exception of the recipes for the Legendary Builder's outfit and Dragonlord's Throne if you have a save file of Dragon Quest Builders on the Nintendo Switch, It seems like the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 version of Dragon Quest Builders 2 will have the same DLC content. But I have no idea if Square Enix will bring the recipes for the Legendary Builder's outfit and Dragonlord's Throne to the PlayStation 4 version.

And no kidding. It seems like brand new copies of the Nintendo Switch version are sold out everywhere, except at eBay and Target. I guess Nintendo didn't print out many copies of Dragon Quest Builders since they didn't expect much sales.

The pre-order bonuses are different though. The Switch version gets all the pixelated heroes sprites.

https://gamepreorders.com/dragon-quest-builders-2

There always has to be a catch somehow. Unless they can be unlocked in game, it’s a dumb move. Seems bizarre to do that to a DQ spin off release.

But this is Square Enix.

19 hours ago, ignasia said:

I didn’t realize the Switch version got expensive for a physical copy. It’s a shame to hear that, but if you can you could try and grab a digital copy.

9 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The pre-order bonuses are different though. The Switch version gets all the pixelated heroes sprites.

https://gamepreorders.com/dragon-quest-builders-2

There always has to be a catch somehow. Unless they can be unlocked in game, it’s a dumb move. Seems bizarre to do that to a DQ spin off release.

But this is Square Enix.

Thanks. I couldn't find it on Nintendo's own website.

I agree, but unfortunately, this isn't the 1st time. Remember when you can only receive the Slime Light, King Slime Light, & Slime Eyes and Mouth if you pre-order the Nintendo Switch version of Dragon Quest Builders from GameStop or from the Nintendo eShop (digitally)?

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

No I don’t remember that because no one ever brought it up. Builders gets very little attention around here so something like that wasn’t discussed.

Pisses me off that Slime face was pre-order only. I was looking forward to slapping that onto various things but Square Enix was like “No fun allowed.”

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

It's rediculous the stuff they throw around and keep hidden. Perfect for $0.99 DLC, but it'll never happen. Jackarses.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

It's rediculous the stuff they throw around and keep hidden. Perfect for $0.99 DLC, but it'll never happen. Jackarses.

I'd buy it all in a heartbeat.  At least the 8-bit bricks are tied to Terra Incognita.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 12:24 AM, ignasia said:

The game is back in stock on Amazon by the looks of it.

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Quest-Builders-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01NASEX0C/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=dragon+quest+builders&qid=1562774575&s=gateway&sr=8-4

4 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Unfortunately, that's not new stock, just small companies that purchased unsold stock from larger companies who want to move games out of their warehouses.  The only sellers now are those small-time amazon sellers.  Only one of which uses Amazon's warehouse (so likely bought the excess copies from Amazon, or they use Amazon to hold and ship their stock).

So the price is still ridiculously high, and will only go up from here.

Edited by ignasia

4 hours ago, ignasia said:

Unfortunately, that's not new stock, just small companies that purchased unsold stock from larger companies who want to move games out of their warehouses.  The only sellers now are those small-time amazon sellers.  Only one of which uses Amazon's warehouse (so likely bought the excess copies from Amazon, or they use Amazon to hold and ship their stock).

So the price is still ridiculously high, and will only go up from here.

Only if you go to big retailers. But it seems like Target does have new stock of Dragon Quest Builders, albeit at full retail price.

But if you don't mind a copy in "like new" condition (whatever that means), or if you don't mind getting a new, non-North American copy (with not very fast shipping), you can get Dragon Quest Builders for a considerably cheaper price, like here and here on eBay.

Edited by Dakhil

4 hours ago, Dakhil said:

Only if you go to big retailers. But it seems like Target does have new stock of Dragon Quest Builders, albeit at full retail price.

But if you don't mind a copy in "like new" condition (whatever that means), or if you don't mind getting a new, non-North American copy (with not very fast shipping), you can get Dragon Quest Builders for a considerably cheaper price, like here and here on eBay.

For sure, but it's not in my budget atm.  It's a down the road sort of thing.

Priority list atm:

1. Switch + accessories
  2. Fantasy Life DLC
  3. A new UPS unit and HDMI splitter, probably a 3-way.
  4. Not sure which to get first or how to prioritize this group but:
     - Bloodstained (probably PS4, unless the Switch bugs are worked out)
     - Etrian Odyssey 5, Nexus, and Untold 2
     - Sekiro
  5. Ys VIII, probably Switch
  6. Persona 4 Golden + Persona 5 Royal
  7. Dragon Quest Builders 2 (unsure of which version)
  8. 3rd copy of Dragon Quest VII 3DS (yep...yeah...call me crazy, but it's my favourite game of all time, and I want a near flawless Super Kiefer utilizing my other two cards for the perfect planned out growth for him...plus it's a lot of fun getting through the DLC maps with just Kiefer)
  9. SMT 4 + Apocalypse
  10. A number of other games
  11. WiiU since it looks like Xenoblade X won't see a Switch release anytime soon.
  12. A number of other PS4/3DS games I don't own yet that are on my list of must-owns, and recommended by you guys
  13. Switch must-haves like LoZ:BotW, Mario Odyssey, and Smash.
  14. New high-end or mid-range gaming rig.

For sure, but it's not in my budget atm.  It's a down the road sort of thing.
Priority list atm:
  1. Switch + accessories
  2. Fantasy Life DLC
  3. A new UPS unit and HDMI splitter, probably a 3-way.
  4. Not sure which to get first or how to prioritize this group but:
     - Bloodstained (probably PS4, unless the Switch bugs are worked out)
     - Etrian Odyssey 5, Nexus, and Untold 2
     - Sekiro
  5. Ys VIII, probably Switch
  6. Persona 4 Golden + Persona 5 Royal
  7. Dragon Quest Builders 2 (unsure of which version)
  8. 3rd copy of Dragon Quest VII 3DS (yep...yeah...call me crazy, but it's my favourite game of all time, and I want a near flawless Super Kiefer utilizing my other two cards for the perfect planned out growth for him...plus it's a lot of fun getting through the DLC maps with just Kiefer)
  9. SMT 4 + Apocalypse
  10. A number of other games
  11. WiiU since it looks like Xenoblade X won't see a Switch release anytime soon.
  12. A number of other PS4/3DS games I don't own yet that are on my list of must-owns, and recommended by you guys
  13. Switch must-haves like LoZ:BotW, Mario Odyssey, and Smash.
  14. New high-end or mid-range gaming rig.
Fantasy Life DLC as #2 =
  • Like 1