Dakhil

Dragon Quest XI S videos/photos (via @DQ11_PR on Twitter)

Posted (edited)

Here are some videos from @DQ11_PR, which is the official Japanese Twitter account for Dragon Quest XI.

Here's the Luminary riding a Slime Knight.

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

The slime knight mount is hilarious, I hope that we can ride King Slimes too (probably not)! Also shouldn't the second video say 16 bit instead of 8 bit? DQVII looks great anyway, funny how they swapped the moving stones with the rockbomb family.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Hendrik of Heliodor said:

The slime knight mount is hilarious, I hope that we can ride King Slimes too (probably not)! Also shouldn't the second video say 16 bit instead of 8 bit? DQVII looks great anyway, funny how they swapped the moving stones with the rockbomb family.

They're probably referring to the 8-bit audio.

Edited by ignasia
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ignasia said:

They're probably referring to the 8-bit audio.

Oh yeah, of course. Thanks for that.

https://twitter.com/DQ11_PR/status/1143817359154528256

オジッチから送られてきたッチ!まさかの、、、ッチ!ユーシャさま達とフォトモードで撮影したみたいッチ。。。。 しかも、ユーシャさまをパーティーメンバーから外していると5人撮影できるウラワザまで使っているッチ!

D9-n0sMVUAABxY0?format=jpg&name=large

D9-n0sMVAAEQDxI?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Although @DQ11_PR didn't post this Tweet, @DQ11_PR did retweet it.

https://twitter.com/V_Jump/status/1143106175312908288

#DQ #ドラクエ #DQ11S 週刊少年ドラクエ!!更新!【VジャンプWEB DQネクスト!】DQ最新情報&コラムをお届け! 週刊少年ジャンプ30号、本日発売! ブログ記事では誌面未掲載の『DQXI S』画面写真を公開!!

vjump.shueisha.co.jp/dqnext/    D90g_XBVAAAuEs0.jpg:large

And here are some screenshots from the V-Jump link.

bl190624_02_R.jpg&key=7d1583ea4d3bc632e9e10478633eb6764d3329b4721e305e058715f29a5a78fc

bl190624_03_R.jpg&key=832dd590795cac621d24ecea73bad6c80f4f4f503c3d06541d025ca0abb1d848

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

So 2-3 days ago, @DQ11_PR posted a Tweet about Weekly Shōnen Jump releasing Dragon Quest XI S ~The Special Starting Book~, which you can read online for free. It includes new pictures and new information, which we probably won't know about since it's completely in Japanese, unless Gematsu, or someone fluent in Japanese, is willing to translate it.

https://twitter.com/DQ11_PR/status/1146969678931083265

この本は物語、世界観、ゲームのシステムなどなどをまとめているッチ!しかもなんと「タダ」ッチ! 12日(金)からは、一部店頭などで冊子版の配布もはじまるッチよ!見つけたら1人1冊持って帰って、友達や家族のみんなと読んでほしいッチ!勇者ドリルもついているッチ!

shonenjump.com/p/re/1907/dq11s/ …

D-raUPTUEAAI71g.jpg

D-raVTWVUAMpkmo.jpg

D-raV_mU4AEki_u.jpg

D-raWxAU4AA2uo4.jpg

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

I wonder how the "NPCs Lie" mode will work.  Does that mean some shopkeepers will tell you the wrong price?  Will you get swindled when trading in Gold for Tokens, or exchanging Tokens?  Will quest NPC's tell you the wrong ingredients?  Will the medal king swipe your medals and give you false rewards (like a Cotton Shirt and Cypress Stick)?  Will key story NPCs have different dialogue that states something inaccurate on purpose, or just normal NPCs.  Should be interesting to see how that works out.

• Like 1

I wonder how the "NPCs Lie" mode will work.  Does that mean some shopkeepers will tell you the wrong price?  Will you get swindled when trading in Gold for Tokens, or exchanging Tokens?  Will quest NPC's tell you the wrong ingredients?  Will the medal king swipe your medals and give you false rewards (like a Cotton Shirt and Cypress Stick)?  Will key story NPCs have different dialogue that states something inaccurate on purpose, or just normal NPCs.  Should be interesting to see how that works out.
Question, as you have the most encyclopedic knowledge, maybe you'll know.

When you go to the other lands, are the characters from those games there?

Specifically I'm wondering if we'll see sprites of the 7 & 8 folk.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Question, as you have the most encyclopedic knowledge, maybe you'll know.

When you go to the other lands, are the characters from those games there?

Specifically I'm wondering if we'll see sprites of the 7 & 8 folk.

The actual characters you play?  From what I've seen of youtube playthroughs showing those scenarios, no.  I haven't seen all of them, so perhaps...I mean I would like to as well, that would be nifty working in tandem or at least meeting those heroes.  There are also new ones, so who knows, maybe.  There's also a chance some might be altered a little from the 3DS to distinguish them. 

It's always been specific NPCs from that game, like the Stormway Inn ladies.  It seems like the way they're playing out is, the DQ11 party plays like the Ninja Shadow Monster Maid Service, cleaning up events that would have transpired (maybe messing up a place), or dastardly plans that would have thwarted those heroes, that should the DQ11 team not been present, those heroes would have been forced to deal with.

Edited by ignasia
  • Like 1

Another new addition mentioned, a new super boss is added to the Switch, harder than either the original super boss, or the one at the end of the other DQ world's sidequest on the 3DS:

https://twitter.com/DQ11_PR/status/1172725875835432960

I don't get why embedding won't embed for me...  @Dakhil you mind reposting the link so it embed's properly.  @Woodus  I think I broke my account on your forum, since I cannot embed anymore, nothing shows up, not sure on your end.  Been this way since two edits ago on the DQB2 sticky, with the youtube links.  Hell if I try to copy a series of links as a single block text, even if there are obvious paragraph spaces in between, it treats them as a single link if I don't copy them now one by one.  Not sure what that's about.

Edited by ignasia
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ignasia said:

Another new addition mentioned, a new super boss is added to the Switch, harder than either the original super boss, or the one at the end of the other DQ world's sidequest on the 3DS:

https://twitter.com/DQ11_PR/status/1172725875835432960

I don't get why embedding won't embed for me...  @Dakhil you mind reposting the link so it embed's properly.  @Woodus  I think I broke my account on your forum, since I cannot embed anymore, nothing shows up, not sure on your end.  Been this way since two edits ago on the DQB2 sticky, with the youtube links.  Hell if I try to copy a series of links as a single block text, even if there are obvious paragraph spaces in between, it treats them as a single link if I don't copy them now one by one.  Not sure what that's about.

HA HA HA HA HA

The translation of this is HILARIOUS!  "Dragon Quest XI For the time to pass away S" as a new element, announced that the strongest boss has been added! It ’s really… A terrible air is coming out…"

Final boss is a big fart. Confirmed.

• Like 1

It certainly looks like a dirty cloud of something.  Maybe

Yggdragon ate some beans, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and a rich juicy steak smothered in A1...or Taco Bell,

and couldn't hold it down?  Given the level of deity, the resulting gaseos mix took on sentient form but was too weak to stay in place after a furious wing batting to clear the air.  Hiding in the nether regions of the world, it bid its time to infuse the world with its being and ever present horrifying smell.

Edited by ignasia

58 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

@Woodus  I think I broke my account on your forum, since I cannot embed anymore, nothing shows up, not sure on your end.

As far as I can tell embedding is a system wide setting, not a per user setting. Try pasting the link into notepad first and then here to make sure it is striping any hidden formatting.

1 hour ago, ignasia said:

Another new addition mentioned, a new super boss is added to the Switch, harder than either the original super boss

Well that's good cause he wasn't hard to begin with.

My money is on Nokturnus being the new super boss. With all the enemies that use his and Dhuran’s model I would be surprised if Nokturnus wasn’t added into DQ11 S.

LOL! I didn't know you could ride a slime knight! Sounds like I'm in for a real treat since that demo is my first ever exposure to DQXI. :)

I'm also loving the 2D Mode for DQVII. It's odd seeing that game in yet a third style (after PS1, 3DS and now the SFC engine).

DQXI is looking more and more charming with every piece of new info I'm seeing. DQXI looks to be a labor of love on all fronts.

Spoiler

I also love how it has now transformed the Erdrick Trilogy into the "Erdrick Quadrilogy".  :)

51 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

My money is on Nokturnus being the new super boss. With all the enemies that use his and Dhuran’s model I would be surprised if Nokturnus wasn’t added into DQ11 S.

Was that the VI super boss? I ended up not fighting him due to the turn limit mechanic.

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Was that the VI super boss? I ended up not fighting him due to the turn limit mechanic.

Yes, Nokturnus is the super boss of VI. Most DQ games with super bosses have a turn limit you need to beat them in. Only one I can think of without one is the last boss of Act 3 in DQXI, but he’s more of the final boss of the entire game rather than say being a challenge boss like the ones in the bonus dungeons you can do in Act 3.

5 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Get to about 65, and you can blow him away pretty easily.  The main objective is to avoid doubling down on buffs (1~3 buffs active at any one time, 4+ will trigger Disruptive Wave, so avoid Kabuff or Magic Wall, or Insulatle, and aim for Oomph, so if DW does trigger, it's random only, not due to AI, though he'd have to be in his pattern that triggers DW anyway, Focus/Muster Strength doesn't count, nor does Dodgy Dance).

Buff + Focus Strength + Knuckle Sandwich for the win.  At 65, it's possible to beat him in 6 turns.

6 hours ago, Woodus said:

As far as I can tell embedding is a system wide setting, not a per user setting. Try pasting the link into notepad first and then here to make sure it is striping any hidden formatting.

I tried that multiple times, no dice.