Chrono Trigger DS worth shelling out for?

DrippySlimeStar

I have the game on Vita and have given it a few tries. I'm willing to give it a third, last shot and I've heard the DS version is the best version to play. Problem is, a loose copy on DS is ~$40. Is the DS version that game changing that it could turn me around on the game or should I just suck it up and play on the Vita?

Any version of the game is better than the PS1 version available on the Vita.

The PS1 poets of Final Fantasy 4-6 and Chrono Trigger are all really bad. Terrible load times, poor audio quality, muddy looking graphics. They are good ports of the games at all.

Go with the DS version or the mobile version of Chrono Trigger. Mobile version has all the content of the DS version, as does the version up on Steam.

14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Any version of the game is better than the PS1 version available on the Vita.

The PS1 poets of Final Fantasy 4-6 and Chrono Trigger are all really bad. Terrible load times, poor audio quality, muddy looking graphics. They are good ports of the games at all.

Go with the DS version or the mobile version of Chrono Trigger. Mobile version has all the content of the DS version, as does the version up on Steam.

I had some stuff to trade in so I ended up getting it for a fraction of the price. I'm already enjoying it more on the DS than I ever did on the Vita.

I had some stuff to trade in so I ended up getting it for a fraction of the price. I'm already enjoying it more on the DS than I ever did on the Vita.
Had you ever played it before? I mean before the Vita?

14 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
23 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Had you ever played it before? I mean before the Vita?

Nope just the Vita. Long after I bought it is when I found out it's the worst version of the game.

• Like 1

Nope just the Vita. Long after I bought it is when I found out it's the worst version of the game.
When you're all done, I'm interested to hear your final verdict on the game.

10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

When you're all done, I'm interested to hear your final verdict on the game.

Last night I made it past the point I had gotten to in all my other attempts (the future). I'm really enjoying it and am looking forward to finishing it. The music is fantastic.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

The DS version is the version i highly recommend since it has all the features from the ps1 and more on the ds version.

I've only played the SNES and DS versions. For the most part, I prefer the DS version.

I like that the bonus dungeons are on the side, so you can choose to ignore them completely if you want. The built in maps and monsterpedia (I think every version but the SNES has the bestiary).

I first played the SNES version by renting it at the local grocery store. I also got stuck in the factory in the future my first time.

• 3 months later...

I had this game on SNES with the US adapter, at the time I must have been between 10 and 13 years old, it seems to me that this is the only time that I shed a tear in front of a game so much gave emotions !! Through the script and the music, we get attached to the characters, the quest is epic.