DQ9 10th Anniversary Grotto Distributing Event in Jul.13 Tokyo

Hello everyone.

If you travel to Japan and stay at Tokyo in Jul.13 2019, you’re very welcome to our DQ9 10th Anniversary Grotto Distributing Event.

I’m a member of this event.

In this event, you can simply receive maps by entering your DQ9’s Tag mode.

We’ll have 30+ different consoles distributing different grottoes simultaneously.

Our event is going to be started at 13:00 15:00 JST on “Slurry Quay” located in Izumi Bridge, Showa-Dori, Tokyo (nearby the JR Akihabara Station’s Showa-Dori exit, Akihabara Station of Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line (Exit No.5), Iwamotocho Station of Toei-Shinjuku Line).

But if Jul 13 is rainy, we will NOT host the event on Slurry Quay, but move to JR Akihabara Station’s Showa-Dori exit.

You can see the Circle for finding “Slurry Quay”, the Triangle for finding “Rainy Day’s Event Location” in the following picture.

AC175899-4607-4C51-8B11-C349D5073259.thumb.jpeg.ed25e7459dc84f30b7fce8735d0d1373.jpeg

For details, you can see the promotion video made by our boss 勇気ある旅人さん (Japanese only)

Edited by MelonGx
  • Like 1

That is cool, can I post this out to the Den's social avenues?

I can host a New York chapter for the 9th Anniversary and do a July 11th meet-up event at NintendoNY, which is the official day that the game debuted in both Japan and the US.

Release
  • JP: July 11, 2009
  • NA: July 11, 2010[1]

July 11th is a Thursday, which works better for me to host because I work just a few blocks from NintendoNY. If I can figure out the WEP connection on my phone I may even be able to offer the DQVC shop download to event attendees in real time (but as of now that's a big IF.)

Let me get back to the DQIX: Tag Mode Tuesday regulars and see if we are aligned for that Thursday.

Edited by Liamland
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Change of plans, we're actually moving our July 11th meet-up to the following Tuesday, 7/16. I had a conflict on the 11th, unfortunately.

I'll do more of a formal write-up to talk about the NYC meetup, sometime soon.

On 7/10/2019 at 1:31 AM, Liamland said:

Change of plans, we're actually moving our July 11th meet-up to the following Tuesday, 7/16. I had a conflict on the 11th, unfortunately.

I'll do more of a formal write-up to talk about the NYC meetup, sometime soon.

Hope you make the NYC 9th Anniversary event successful😆

For the Tokyo 10th Anniversary event, we changed the start time from 13:00 to 15:00. Others aren’t changed.

For more details, please see the following page (Japanese).

https://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/game/48854/1520766679/542-

If anyone come to our event but can’t speak Japanese, please find the guy named “Gokuu”, then I’ll help you.

7 hours ago, MelonGx said:

Hope you make the NYC 9th Anniversary event successful😆

For the Tokyo 10th Anniversary event, we changed the start time from 13:00 to 15:00. Others aren’t changed.

We'll no doubt have at least the regulars, which is enough for a fun time. We'll see who else we can get. It's a bigger challenge for NY, with a niche audience. Here's my post about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonquest/comments/cbzina/dragon_quest_ix_9th_anniversary_nyc_multiplayer/

• Upvote 1

We succeeded hosting the 10th Anniversary events in Akihabara Tokyo.

We appreciated that over 60 players came to our event, including DQIX Legend players, Kansai & Tohoku players, and Mr. Fujisawa, the DQIX director😆

Unfortunately I haven’t tagged Mr. Fujisawa but most of my seniors had.

BTW, there are no foreigners in the event but myself. So I don’t need to speak English or Chinese to serve anybody.

Also congratulates Liam for a successful NYC 9th Anniversary event!

Edited by MelonGx
  • Like 2

Yeah, that is awesome, great job!