ryuubei

Few questions

Hey, everyone I'm new here. I have been wanting to start this game for years. I'm finally going to do it. This can help me with my Japanese. Before I take the plunge I have a few questions maybe you guys can answer?

First: On the JP website it says "all the main stories of Version 1 'Dragon Quest X Awakening Five Tribes Online', 'Windows Free Trial Version' can be played until the end of Version 2 'Dragon Quest X Sleeping Brave and Guide Allies Online' as well as various contents. You can enjoy it for free."
So, exactly how much of the Level/story/game is up to V2?  It's not timed right? 

Second: I hear there's a 3DS version?? I would definitely import so is it extra hoops to get this running? Does the trial still apply?

Third: Is there an English community guild, discord or anything?

Finally: I need to buy the game+all expansions correct? Where can I do this? And if I get it on PC can I still play on Switch/PS4/3DS?

Thank you and my apologies for all the questions. I really want to dive in properly 

Hey, everyone I'm new here. I have been wanting to start this game for years. I'm finally going to do it. This can help me with my Japanese. Before I take the plunge I have a few questions maybe you guys can answer?

First: On the JP website it says "all the main stories of Version 1 'Dragon Quest X Awakening Five Tribes Online', 'Windows Free Trial Version' can be played until the end of Version 2 'Dragon Quest X Sleeping Brave and Guide Allies Online' as well as various contents. You can enjoy it for free."

So, exactly how much of the Level/story/game is up to V2?  It's not timed right? 

Second: I hear there's a 3DS version?? I would definitely import so is it extra hoops to get this running? Does the trial still apply?

Finally: I need to buy the game+all expansions correct? Where can I do this? And if I get it on PC can I still play on Switch/PS4/3DS?

Thank you and my apologies for all the questions. I really want to dive in properly 

Can’t really answer the first one since I didn’t really play trial and went straight to the switch version.

There is a 3DS Version and while it is one of the few versions to not have an ip block, it also runs through the cloud so you will have a lot of issues playing that version is you don’t live in Japan.

There is an English guild in-game, as well as this page and a little Discord server that welcomes new players.

You have to buy the base game, but you don’t necessarily have to buy the expansions, unless you want more levels and access to events and stuff. You should really get the all-in-one package, but there is also a basic pack that gets you V1-3. You can buy the Windows version through SE Store or Amazon JP.

If you get PC, you can’t play the Switch or PS4 versions as you have to buy those versions and register the product code as well.

Before you think about buying the game, consider playing the trial version on Windows or PS4, as there is a monthly $10 sub cost when you upgrade to the full version.

12 minutes ago, ryuubei said:

There is a team of Denizens you can join here:

The Free trial only applies to PC/PS4(not timed). You do get 20 free days once you buy the game(Switch,WiiU,PC,PS4)

The 3DS ver is only available by download(free) and it comes with 3 free hour playable time

I started playing again and playing on PC right now looking to pick up a switch copy if you wanna play together. I have a lvl 12 Dwarf Warrior and a Lvl 1 other short race forgot what they are called Wizard

Also; Is it easy to pay per month for this game? Looking to play on Switch

Using Crysta is probably the easiest way.  I pay with funds from the E shop myself.  I have a Japanese 3DS and that accepts foreign cards.  Switch doesn't though so it's harder to pay through the E shop on Switch if you don't live in Japan.

5 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Using Crysta is probably the easiest way.  I pay with funds from the E shop myself.  I have a Japanese 3DS and that accepts foreign cards.  Switch doesn't though so it's harder to pay through the E shop on Switch if you don't live in Japan.

One more question. Is it easy to transfer my PC progress over to the Switch? I  know the game is cross-platform but I am currently running the trial

One more question. Is it easy to transfer my PC progress over to the Switch? I  know the game is cross-platform but I am currently running the trial

Should you have character data already from the trial, it’ll transfer right over since it’s on your SE account

To confirm w hat oka_chan1 said, on Switch you'll have instant access to your characters.  No special setup or transfers needed.  Likewise if you go back to the PC version your characters will be there.  There are some advantages to having your data saved entirely on the server.