Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Dragon Quest Heroes Confirmed as Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC Characters

30 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Agreed. Ridley's changes is welcome. I used to play him on release but I might give him another try after the dust with Hero has settled.

I played as him for a bit but never got super into him. What were the notable changes?

4 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I played as him for a bit but never got super into him. What were the notable changes?

A wide range of things. His back air got a decent power buff, his dash attack has increased range, and his up air attack got buffed. His side and up specials got buffed as well.

Lazy me played 2 hours of Pokémon Ranger 3 last night instead of spending 1 minute to get out of bed for Smash.

So I decided to be cool dad today. Had it loaded up and let my oldest son play first, all 45 minutes on the way to camp. He excitedly called out the entire way all the things he was seeing.

Now I had to cook dinner while watching both kids are playing.

Still haven't played.

0731191651.thumb.jpg.aa538355207df4e5a37bd68b1748b439.jpg

FOR ALEFGARD!!!!!!!!

(You know someone had to do it.  :wd_coolslime: )

Edited by ErdrickVII
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, ErdrickVII said:

0731191651.thumb.jpg.aa538355207df4e5a37bd68b1748b439.jpg

FOR ALEFGARD!!!!!!!!

(You know someone had to do it.  😜

I had played as Erdrick and had a level 9, 5-stock, 8-player CPU match against other RPG characters (Ness, Pikachu, Cloud, Marth, Shulk, a Mii Gunner that looks like Isaac from Golden Sun, and Joker) and I was laughing that Joker was the first character eliminated. Apparently the CPU characters really had it out for Joker because before I knew it he was down to one stock while everyone else had 3 or 4. I’d been focused on Ness and Pikachu I didn’t even notice until he was eliminated! He was shortly followed by Cloud.

Erdrick came out on top and protected Yggdrasil’s Alter from all the invading franchises.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Apparently the CPU characters really had it out for Joker because before I knew it he was down to one stock while everyone else had 3 or 4.

I guess you could say... he never saw it coming.

What was up with the alternate name they gave Erdrick in the direct?  I think I'm missing something Japanese. :????:

6 minutes ago, ErdrickVII said:

What was up with the alternate name they gave Erdrick in the direct?  I think I'm missing something Japanese. :????:

It’s his name used for some Japanese media. From my understanding it’s used in a manga and in some other media; that’s what a quick Google search said anyway. They likely called him that in the video instead of Erdrick since Erdrick is the title he earned, similar to why the hero of XI was just called Eleven instead of The Luminary.

Of course, the one true name for all of them is:

XI - MopTopMo (an “e” at the end is optional)

III - SpikyRoy

IV - YuleGene

VIII - BlindJim

I can’t believe they didn’t use the one true names for them. It’s such a shame.

• Like 1

So far there are only two complaints I have with Hero in Smash.

His magic burst really needs a nerf. All of his other abilities seem to be fine. But his magic burst is indeed busted with edge guarding. There really is nothing an opponent can do if they are off stage to avoid it. A solution would probably give the ability very little knock back to prevent it.

Another problem I didn't think of is that competitive players will have to learn each spell in different languages if they go abroad for a tournament. So it creates bit of a problem with that.

Of course, the one true name for all of them is:
XI - MopTopMo (an “e” at the end is optional)

Much like the hair, the name should be shorter. Leave off the 'e'.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Much like the hair, the name should be shorter. Leave off the 'e'.

I’m pretty sure I originally spelt it without the “e,” to leave it at 8 characters long even though you can go beyond that limit in DQ11.

I mean, uh, Yuji Horii told me specifically that that’s the one true name for the hero. Yeah, that’s it.

• Like 1

glad they put the MIDI versions of the songs in, I love those versions. Also this is mostly for the japanese smash players, since the ungrateful western smash players ignore or outright hate that a DQ character is in smash. 

Been playing with Hero a lot, the techniques and spells really grab people by surprise online. Really fun to play for now.

Edited by wiregu
  • Like 1

If you've played the Dragon Quest XI S demo, you can now retrieve your Tockles spirit.

Tockles Now Available.jpg

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

I’m glad we can finally get the spirit for playing the demo. And that the special gift option in Smash finally can be used for something! Haha

Joking aside, it’s great the little spirits are getting some more love and are a spirit in Smash. Seeing all the colored Tockles makes me excited to see if we’ll get the little adventure mini-game you can have the colored Tockle Spirits go through on the 3DS version. That would be sweet to see in the Switch version.

• Like 1