Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Dragon Quest Heroes Confirmed as Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC Characters

The timing of this couldnt be any more perfect! 

Looking forward to playing as him later tonight. When Joker released the servers were down for awhile, hopefully this doesn't happen again.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

Looking forward to playing as him later tonight. When Joker released the servers were down for awhile, hopefully this doesn't happen again.
I hope so, too. But since Nintendo scheduled network service maintenance later today from 5:10 - 6:10PM (PDT), there's a chance Nintendo's servers will be down for hours, like with the Joker.
  • Like 1

If anyone is going to play Hero tonight, make sure you have auto updates turned on and close out of any games while your Switch is in sleep mode. You should be able to quickly download the update before a huge amount of people start downloading it. A lot of people were not able to play Joker for a couple hours after his release, while those who had auto update were able to play him right away.

I’m hoping when I get home I can get the Hero downloaded no problem. I worked all day and have no idea when exactly I’m getting home, so fingers crossed I can start playing as the Hero tonight or right away tomorrow morning.

Servers are bombed. Don't know why I couldn't purchase in advance. Dumb. Oh well, tomorrow.

I've just finished downloading the software update for Super Smash Bros Ultimate (even though I set the option for auto-update to on) and I got the Hero. And so far, I really like playing as a Hero. I can't wait to play as the hero in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

I wonder if this thread will become a friend code sharing thread, just in case we want to kick each other's butts as the Hero or other characters. :P

• Like 1

Finally got it. Then realized the game card is in the other room. Too lazy to go get it.

Meh, I'll put some more time into Pokémon Ranger 3.

I’m glad the hero/4.0 update started as soon as I got home. No server problems for Ol’ Yangus!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Having a lot of fun with Hero. But this menu system is going to take a while to get used to.

6 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Then realized the game card is in the other room. Too lazy to go get it.

This is basically me 90% of the time.

• Like 1

His classic route is awesome. For the last battle I was expecting something and it ended up happening. The metal slime spirit battle was sooooo frustrating lol...I recommend equipping a black hole for that one.

Hero has been fun to play as. My only complaint thus far is that the heroes don’t say the spell names like they advertised on the video from yesterday. I switched to the JP version and they say spell names, so I’m thinking they must have forgotten to disclaimer it’s for the JP version only. At least you can switch to the JP version whenever you want via the options.

Otherwise, I’m enjoying the Hero’s move set now that I’m getting more used to it. The down special shenanigans you can pull off can be hilarious. Played an 8 player CPU battle and managed to kill 5 of them with a Kamikazee attack (the one time I’ve ACTUALLY used Kamikazee in any shape or form when it comes to Dragon Quest) and spells like Magic Burst and Kaboom are destructive.

• Like 1

I accidentally used Kamikazee at the end of the Hero's team spirit battle...Thwack seems to work pretty well.

The opinions on the Smash Bros. subreddit seems to be very positive from what I’ve seen and I’ve also seen a few people say the Hero has made them interested in playing Dragon Quest. 

27 minutes ago, eal said:

The opinions on the Smash Bros. subreddit seems to be very positive from what I’ve seen and I’ve also seen a few people say the Hero has made them interested in playing Dragon Quest. 

Hopefully they outweigh the people crying about a character that has been out for less than 24 hours being broken and needing to be banned.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Hopefully they outweigh the people crying about a character that has been out for less than 24 hours being broken and needing to be banned.

That comes with a lot of fighting games. The newest DLC character comes out, everyone acts like they are the most OP thing in the world, but then it dies down after a week or two. The people crying about “Hero being OP,” and all that #$*! will quiet down eventually.

21 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

That comes with a lot of fighting games. The newest DLC character comes out, everyone acts like they are the most OP thing in the world, but then it dies down after a week or two. The people crying about “Hero being OP,” and all that #$*! will quiet down eventually.

I dunno some of the stuff I’ve seen Hero do seems really overpowered.

Good. DQ >> All else.
The others.

12 minutes ago, eal said:

Far from it. The spells are what are "overpowered" and the opponent can literally read on what they are going to do next and counter it. Even then there is so much RNG behind it. I think it would be safe to say that Hero is about mid tier.

The character has only been out for a day. He does feel strong in some areas, but he’s a brand new character with a move set people aren’t familiar with. We’ll have to see what the consensus is after a month or so.

Since this about Smash, a character who rightfully got buffed was Ridley. Finally some of his biggest issues have been addressed, which is all too welcome.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

14 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Far from it. The spells are what are "overpowered" and the opponent can literally read on what they are going to do next and counter it. Even then there is so much RNG behind it. I think it would be safe to say that Hero is about mid tier.

People can see what he’s doing, but that doesn’t change that he has access to stronger abilities in the first place. And it shouldn’t matter regardless if they can see it if the RNG has such a big effect on it. Chaos can go a long way with disrupting strategy on the opponent’s side.

Edited by eal

9 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Since this about Smash, a character who rightfully got buffed was Ridley. Finally some of his biggest issues have been addressed, which is all too welcome.

Agreed. Ridley's changes is welcome. I used to play him on release but I might give him another try after the dust with Hero has settled.