Jump to content
Dakhil

Dragon Quest Heroes Confirmed as Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC Characters

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1138480024950984704 

Quote

The Hero from the #DragonQuest series will be joining Super #SmashBrosUltimate NintendoLaunch_2019.png! Purchase the Fighters Pass now and prepare to take to the battlefield with your hero this summer.

smashbros.com

 

Edited by Dakhil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1138487257269252096

Quote

https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1138487559854743558

Quote

2019年9月27日(金)に発売予定の『ドラゴンクエストXI 過ぎ去りし時を求めて S』より、悪魔の子と呼ばれた主人公、勇者が参戦! 2019年夏配信予定。

#スマブラSP

D8y4U3fWkAII3_L.jpg

https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1138487960238788608

Quote

勇者が使用する必殺ワザの数々は、独自のMPゲージを消費することで発動。ワザの種類は全ファイターの中で最多!様々な局面に対応できるファイターです。DLCに含まれる追加ステージ「天空の祭壇」には、ドラゴンクエストシリーズでおなじみの面々もゲスト出演?

#スマブラSP

D8y4jOHVsAAnYT1.jpg

D8y4nTMVsAADICD.jpg

D8y4ozlUcAEvRiU.jpg

D8y4qRtXsAEHpjS.jpg

 

https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1138488366826184707

Quote

更に、『ドラゴンクエストIII』『ドラゴンクエストIV』『ドラゴンクエストVIII』から歴代の勇者も登場!カラーチェンジで好きな勇者を選んで戦えます。

#スマブラSP

D8y5CGUWkAI0l4s.jpg

D8y5EiKUwAABL_y.jpg

D8y5GPsWwAEELDT.jpg

D8y5GzOXkAIgv1L.jpg

Edited by Dakhil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I guess I just don't have a choice.  I need to buy Smash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Enclave said:

Well, I guess I just don't have a choice.  I need to buy Smash.

I feel your pain, I had my games all lined up for summer, but now I have to buy Smash as well..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m putting all my hopes and dreams on more than one Dragon Quest Amiibo. If DQ IX Switch came out at the height of the Amiibo craze we might have gotten a Slime Amiibo, I feel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hah.  Haven't been on this forum for years, but I stopped by to see what the reaction would be.  It's about time the series is getting more publicity in the West.  Hopefully someday Dragon quest monsters will come back. 

 

Now back to trying to finish DQ11's final, final, FINAL boss...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that dragon-quest.org crashed, I imagine it was due to the Smash news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Algrado said:

Hopefully someday Dragon quest monsters will come back. 

Yes, just yes. I need more monsters games in my life. In case you didn't know, there is another monsters game in development for consoles, but it's only been announced in Japan as of now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holding out hope for the rest of the lads as dlc, Estard and get a height boost and no one will mind. Secondly, we need the girl alts! If Solo is there then Broccoli-chan shouldn't be far behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m stoked they chose the hero of IV as one of the playable ones. He’s always been my favorite hero from the series. And of course we have Erdrick, which is also excellent. III was the first main series game I played, so it’s always nice to see him show up, and in this case he’s a well deserved playable character.

The Hero and Banjo-Kazooie getting announced on the same day has really raised my spirits after a long (and still going) stretch of work days. Now more than ever I need to pick up a Switch and Smash Ultimate.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’m stoked they chose the hero of IV as one of the playable ones. He’s always been my favorite hero from the series. And of course we have Erdrick, which is also excellent. III was the first main series game I played, so it’s always nice to see him show up, and in this case he’s a well deserved playable character.

The Hero and Banjo-Kazooie getting announced on the same day has really raised my spirits after a long (and still going) stretch of work days. Now more than ever I need to pick up a Switch and Smash Ultimate.

Go for the smash bros bundle and save yourself some dosh, it's well worth it. Downloading all the patches will be a pain though.

 

Here's a question for everyone though: we've seen the heroes have access to spells, but does this mean that the menu window will have to be scrolled through manually or will it be an idle animation that is cycled through seconds before the spell is used? If it's the former, I can see super armor being applied so that players are not at a disadvantage. Another thing is what if spells are stored after being selected--that is, you cycle through the menu to assign zap or sizzle as the B button, with down-B used to open the menu and switch things around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burner said:

Here's a question for everyone though: we've seen the heroes have access to spells, but does this mean that the menu window will have to be scrolled through manually or will it be an idle animation that is cycled through seconds before the spell is used? If it's the former, I can see super armor being applied so that players are not at a disadvantage. Another thing is what if spells are stored after being selected--that is, you cycle through the menu to assign zap or sizzle as the B button, with down-B used to open the menu and switch things around.

I think you would have to scroll through the menu manually, like with Shulk and Cloud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

I think you would have to scroll through the menu manually, like with Shulk and Cloud.

That’s the impression I got too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the current confirmed alts. Nods to other heroes.

20190611_150227.jpg

20190611_150257.jpg

20190611_150245.jpg

Screenshot_20190611-150047.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Flute_Warrior said:

These are the current confirmed alts. Nods to other heroes.

20190611_150227.jpg

20190611_150257.jpg

20190611_150245.jpg

Screenshot_20190611-150047.jpg

Nice. I bet that alternate color for Erdrick will make @AustNerevar happy.

I’m liking the DQ1 hero look on Solo there too. I’m glad the other heroes will get some representation via alternate color schemes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nice. I bet that alternate color for Erdrick will make [mention=66483]AustNerevar[/mention] happy.
I’m liking the DQ1 hero look on Solo there too. I’m glad the other heroes will get some representation via alternate color schemes.
That is the coolest thing ever. Guess I'm buying Smash this paycheck.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy oh boy, that was grandiose! I'm going to buy so many Amiibos of them! If Cloud had his Advent Children alt as an Amiibo, then surely the DQ Heroes will have their own Amiibos too! 

One Luminary, one Solo, two Eight et at least three Erdrick for me hehe. Customizing Eight to make him into Terry is actually a really good idea, and Erdrick with some repaint and sculpting will make both an excellent Erdwin and a good Kenshin DQ1 hero! (I should also try turning OoT Kid Link into Bildrick hehe)

D'you think we might have some DQ Trophy Assist  too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Xiggy said:

D'you think we might have some DQ Trophy Assist  too? 

I thought they were done with assist trophies, but if I had to guess it'd be the slime using megamagic or casting frizz.  I'm curious as to what the stage that comes with him will be though.  Yggdrasill maybe?  Or outside Heliodor with the Castle in the background?  The floating enemy boss' territory?

 

EDIT: After looking closer at the reveal I did notice one of them(unless there is only one) is one of the floating islands of that city in the northeast sky of DQ11.

Edited by Algrado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like everyone is excited to Smash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Enclave said:

I noticed that dragon-quest.org crashed, I imagine it was due to the Smash news.

I noticed that too, crazy. I wonder if it’s from newcomers looking for info or people like me who were just looking for some art for reference.

 

But man, I was not expecting an epic CG trailer! I was hoping for some female alts though :( Maybe there’ll be a Heroine echo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Choppasmith said:

But man, I was not expecting an epic CG trailer! I was hoping for some female alts though :( Maybe there’ll be a Heroine echo.

Nah, I don't think Dragon Quest is popular enough outside Japan for them to add in that extra effort to an unknown.  If a Square Enix female character was ever added in a future Smash game, I believe Tifa from FF7 has the highest chance due to her popularity in both the East and West.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Algrado said:

Nah, I don't think Dragon Quest is popular enough outside Japan for them to add in that extra effort to an unknown.  If a Square Enix female character was ever added in a future Smash game, I believe Tifa from FF7 has the highest chance due to her popularity in both the East and West.

 

Adding an alternate skin to a pre-existing character is much easier than making a new fighter from scratch, so don't count Sofia and estrognrick out because you think the devs are lazy or the series isn't popular enough inspite of getting four skins right off the bat.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone feels down over seeing people being apathetic towards Dragon Quest in general, here's a video of people at the Nintendo NY Store going (positively) crazy over the announcement of the Dragon Quest Hero(es) as Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC characters.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Smash.  When can we get the characters and do we have to buy something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...