Dakhil

Dragon Quest XI S (E3 2019)

21 minutes ago, ignasia said:

Yeah, I nearly died after seeing that.  Also being literally in the hand of a golem.  That's pretty awesome.

=====

Ooo.  Auto costume mode.  That's cool.

I like the new pirate outfit.  Red is a good look for Erik.

LOL, Veronica with a pig costume.  Priceless.  Those poor little spell casting piglets, skinned and turned into a robe.  Oh well, they are annoying, now if only this version has cooking and allowed for bacon!

Cool, white academy outfits.  I wonder if they have a higher drop rate.

I know we've seen it before, but I really like Jade's blue bunny outfit.

Yeah, it's cool they're using the original box art, and yeah...that Lizard had to go somewhere.  Afterall we never see it after the opening movie in the original DQVII.  I guess it somehow got itself caught in some wormhole and landed in DQXI's world.  Is that a factor in the past scenarios for DQVII?

I think that was part of the volcano story. Lizard got chucked into the volcano at some point and was shot out and sent through space and time to reach the world of DQ11.

What’s funny about the lizard is that is does show up in Theatrhythm Dragon Quest. He rides on top of Hobo Link’s head/hat, so he hasn’t entirely been forgotten.

Posted (edited)

They need to remake DQ7 again...this time with some love and devotion.  Give him special functions, like if the Hero has an auto-steal class, there's a 5% chance it will attempt to steal something at the same time, with a 50/50 rate.  If the Hero uses a breath attack, he should too.  It should come with its own mini-outfit when playing as human classes!  The iguana in a sheep outfit would be nothing short of awe inspiring.

Edited by ignasia

So Square Enix also announced that Hori is making a Slime Controller for the Nintendo Switch, which is available for pre-order at the price of 10,778 yen. Anyone wants to get this?

『ドラゴンクエストスライムコントローラー for Nintendo Switch』予約開始!! Bluetooth無線通信によるNintendo Switchの操作が可能!バッテリー内蔵で乾電池は不要です。

sqex.to/LtxB5

D80t0d1U0AEAkdO.jpg

D80t0d2U8AA4KMc.jpg

D80t0d0V4AAQ7k-.jpg

Posted (edited)

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/dragon-quest-xi-s-switch-hardware-bundle-special-editions-announced-for-japan

Square Enix will release a "Dragon Quest XI S Loto Edition" Switch hardware bundle in Japan alongside the newly announced worldwide release of Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition on September 27 for 39,960 yen, the company announced.

Dragon-Quest-XI-S-Hardware-Special-Editi

The bundle will include the following:

• Switch hardware (custom design)
  • Switch dock (custom design)
  • Joy-Con (L) / (R) (custom design)
  • Joy-Con grip
  • Switch AC adapter
  • High-speed HDMI cable
  • Safety guide
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition Gorgeous Edition
    • A physical copy of the game (with a gorgeous sleeve)
    • Voice Drama downloadable content (full story set)
    • Japanese / English voice switching downloadable content
    • Gorgeous Edition bonus downloadable content
      • Kingdom of Trodain Set (changes the appearance of the protagonist)
      • Wild Boar Set (changes the appearance of Veronica)
      • Happy Adventurer Set (Pep pop x5, Seed of skill x5)

The Gorgeous Edition of Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition can be purchased standalone for 9,980 yen.

Square Enix will also release a Super Gorgeous Edition of Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition for 14,800 yen, which includes everything in the Gorgeous Edition, plus a "Gorgeous Electronic Notepad: Adventurer’s Log" and 288-page, B5-size Voice Drama Script.

Users who purchase the 7,980 yen standard edition of Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition will be able to purchase the Voice Drama downloadable content for 1,500 yen. The Voice Drama add-on is a voice and text scenario not depicted in the main story.

Finally, Square Enix announced it will host a "Dragon Quest XI S Channel #3: Release Date Announcement Special″ live stream today at 21:00 JST where it will go over yesterday's newly announced information and play a live demo of the game. You will be able to watch it on YouTube and Niconico.

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition is due out worldwide for Switch on September 27.

Edited by Dakhil

Some gameplay footage from the Square Enix Dragon Quest XI S stream earlier today.

Posted (edited)

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/dragon-quest-xi-s-list-of-additional-elements-and-improvements-dlc-voice-drama-and-more-detailed

Square Enix shared the list of additional elements and improvements in Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition during a live stream held earlier today, as well as detailed the game's "Voice Drama" add-on and more.

Get the details below.

Additional Elements and Improvements

• The gameplay styles of both the PlayStation 4 and 3DS versions in one.
  • Spell of Restoration scenario selection.
  • Newly added party member dialogue.
  • Added [???].
  • Fully-voiced events.
  • Voice support for all party member dialogue.
  • Switch between voice languages (Gorgeous Edition-only).
  • Option to turn on / off sounds from the protagonist (exhaling, etc.)
  • Improved [???].
  • Voice Drama.
  • The timing at which you can visit Yocchi Village has changed.
  • The placement of Yocchi that possess passwords.
  • New "Appearance-Changing Equipment" added.
  • Madame Cherie.
  • Added [???].
  • Implemented horse racing remedial actions.
  • Furigana display.
  • Ability to skip cutscenes the first time around.
  • Camera improvements.
  • Photo Mode added.
  • Increased variation of ridable monsters.
  • Ability to attack ridable monsters on the field to earn experience points.
  • Switches to dedicated background music when riding a great sabrecat.
  • Party members follow you on the field.
  • Dash movement.
  • Ability to call horse at all times.
  • Obtain experience from blowing away monsters on the horse.
  • Shiny spots stand out more.
  • Immediately obtain materials upon examining gathering points.
  • Bowgun gameplay revised.
  • Added church Yocchi before the Lord of Shadows Mordegon.
  • Adjusted the placement of guest NPCs when camping.
  • Increased the tempo of party dialogue.
  • Added [???].
  • Added [???].
  • Added party member speech bubbles in battle.
  • In battle, party members move on their own according to the situation.
  • Adjusted battle speed.
  • Added ability to switch between free movement and auto camera mid-battle.
  • "Skill Reset" available from the beginning of the game.
  • "Learn Multiple Skills" available from the beginning of the game.
  • Forging can now be done anytime, anywhere.
  • Reverse lookup and purchase materials required for forging.
  • Made it easier to understand which items can be created with forging.
  • Display 2D-only monsters in the 3D bestiary.
  • Navigate the UI with the joystick.
  • Added shortcut menu.
  • Added guide for opening the map.
  • Added effective weapon type icons to the skill panel.
  • Display defeated monsters list in the map menu.
  • Display rarefied monsters on the defeated monsters list.
  • Display status ailments when switching out party members.
  • Improved the display of walking recovery effects.
  • Appearance-changing equipment is properly labeled.
  • Purchased materials automatically go into the item bag.
  • Revised soldier events in the Heliodor Sewers.
  • Partial improvements to 2D graphics.
  • Partial improvements to 2D event scenes.
  • Adjusted the 2D map at the start of the game.
  • Added "Smell" to replace Noah's Archive.
  • Added ability to click through the message window as the level up melody is playing.
  • Partial quest adjustments.

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_001.jpg

Pickup Elements

• Increased party member reactions in battle, emphasized a sense of unity.
  • Improved forging.
  • Added Photo Mode.
  • Implemented horse racing remedial actions.
  • Madame Cherie.

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_002.jpg

Voice Drama Downloadable Content (1,500 yen)

• About four to five hours in length. A collection of short stories that dive deeper into the characters, including their pasts, as well as depicts their everyday lives
  • There is a story of Jade when she was a child, a young Rab, as well as a story about a Medamoiselles play.
  • There are various stories, from good stories that make you laugh to matters of life.
  • There is also a read-aloud story in which Mitsuki Saiga plays about nine roles by himself.
  • Rab serves as the guide for the Voice Drama.
  • Text can also be displayed. There are log, fast-forward, and rewind features.

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_003.jpg

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_004.jpg

Increased Party Member Reactions in Battle, Emphasized a Sense of Unity

• In order to create a sense of unity with your party members, characters left alone will move on their own, or move to evade when approached, as well as produce speech bubbles related to the battle situation.
  • In event battles, there are even some special lines that are voiced.

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_005.jpg

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_006.jpg

Improved Forging

• Forge anywhere.
  • While this does not apply to everything, it is also possible to purchase the materials you are missing.

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_007.jpg

Additional Ridable Monsters

• The great sabrecat runs at high-speed. By roaring, you can summon nearby monsters.

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_008.jpg

Appearance-Changing Equipment

• "Appearance-Changing Equipment" can now only change appearance without affecting attack power and defense power.
  • The "Kingdom of Trodain Set" changes the protagonist’s appearance to that of the Dragon Quest VIII protagonist. Dragon Quest VIII music also plays on the field.

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_009.jpg

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_010.jpg

Adventure the Worlds of Previous Dragon Quest Titles

• All the worlds of previous Dragon Quest titles use 8-bit graphics. Even the maps that were 3D in the 3DS version were recreated in 8-bit. The music is also 8-bit sound source.

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_011.jpg

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_012.jpg

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_013.jpg

Spell of Restoration Evolution

• Go back to an adventure that you have already passed. Return and replay a previous adventure while carrying over your strength. You can also choose between 2D and 3D modes.

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_014.jpg

Photo Mode

• Photo Mode includes features such as rearranging characters, changing the way the camera is facing, posing, turning on or off the character display (individual settings also possible), blurring the background, and more.

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_015.jpg

Madame Cherie

• Madame Cherie is a professor at L'Academie de Notre Maitre les Medailles.

DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_016.jpg

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition is due out for Switch worldwide on September 27.

Watch the full live stream archive below.

Edited by Dakhil

Experience from whacking enemies on the horse, that will be awesome, i will just run around for hours and plow into monsters (I did that anyway when it didn't count)

So Nintendo just released a video showcasing Dragon Quest XI S gameplay footage during Nintendo Treehouse Live E3 2019. And I'm not going to lie, I'm hyped.

• Like 1

I'm just waiting for DQXIS to finish the post game. It seems pointless do slog through it on my craptop at 8fps when an improved version is coming to Switch in December.

That's all the news for Dragon Quest XI S during E3 2019. I can hardly wait for 27 September 2019 to come. It's going to be a very hard wait. Thankfully, we have Dragon Quest Builders 2 coming in a little less than a month from now.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if they'll reveal the 4 as yet unrevealed additions and the one as yet unrevealed improvement, or if that's something they plan to slowly unveil over time...or if they plan to let players figure it out (probably not).

I'm not sure how to feel about the 3D parts of the previous DQ's being turned into 2D with 8-bit rerendered music (kind of funny they claim the graphics are 8bit when they're 16bit, but oh well).  In some ways it's cool, in other ways I was hoping for the 3D, but this would set the 3DS version apart.  That said I'm kind of curious what a full DQ7, 8, and 9 game would be in 2D.

I am wondering/hoping really, that the two Draconian settings added to the PS4 version stick around;  Stronger Monsters, and EXP cap.  No idea or word on that.

Edited by ignasia

I bet they’ll keep those Draconian settings as options. Playing without stronger enemies makes the game a little too easy. I don’t need a DQ game to be hard to be enjoyable, but by default enemies on DQ11 are kind of pushovers.

Having said that, having to deal with bosses like Slayer of the Sands, Dora-in-Grey, the Frozen Fjord boss in Act 3, and the 6th Spectral Sentinel/the last Trial boss on stronger enemies can #$*! right off. Those were some of the most infuriating battles I’ve ever had to deal with in a DQ game period. I know I technically brought the challenge on myself by playing with harder enemies, but those guys were just nightmares. I still feel like months later I got LUCKY I even beat Dora-in-Grey since I had to rely on sheer dumb luck with critical hit spear skills from Jade and Serena all while dealing with that boss and her many annoying attacks.

That’s a boss I hope gets some refining in the Switch version. I really do.

It looks like I forgot to post these new Dragon Quest XI S screenshots and a Dragon Quest XI S fact sheet courtesy of GoNintendo.

242f8867a6ad5cb328b2398a5c211194.jpg

5a94963094fea85ee04b1f4215346b0b.jpg

a0bdeaccad6fac31e70ee76ae201d0d5.jpg

fcff9faa175da6779d3cf583e35f46fe.jpg\

ac969c7c140b4698093b88be6dba885e.jpg

4022c605fa0f9abedd40e264ff767982.jpg

50d61f0668c96e1a32ee71603e671b7d.jpg

ec7054d99dabcefaa6e3c93bd8d27518.jpg

0eda27ee70b8214eb8ba76a690025cde.jpg

e83bbe2159844f20acbaa4dad0385510.jpg

8d0fb3be0d3ec56d67dbab3206435b6f.jpg

7604e18202099c3cc2dfe43833d6debd.jpg

ef9bf688a7d262de8a55e7d03a739cd0.jpg

dcd32a4f5455e07068c68fe8c48c3cfa.jpg

263c997a00bbbe5f39e3a8fa1f52401f.jpg

2bdafb026ea4ef59ea383a40cd254b54.jpg

19b8542738e2cbd2672c6113ad51e833.jpg

fact.png

43 minutes ago, ignasia said:

I'm not sure how to feel about the 3D parts of the previous DQ's being turned into 2D with 8-bit rerendered music (kind of funny they claim the graphics are 8bit when they're 16bit, but oh well).  In some ways it's cool, in other ways I was hoping for the 3D, but this would set the 3DS version apart.  That said I'm kind of curious what a full DQ7, 8, and 9 game would be in 2D.

I remember years and years and years ago I asked what game should have a Zenithian Trilogy DS-style remake and I said I’d like to see Dragon Quest VIII get one, and I still stand by it. It’s a game that got a lot of praise for its beautiful graphics, so I would like to see what it would be like without them. Could players still feel the same level of connection or emotion if it was presented the way the DS games looked, with lower quality music and no voice acting on top of it?

• Like 1

I'm so excited to replay this on Switch. I rarely replay games, especially JRPGs but this is one of my favorite games ever so I'll gladly replay it with all of it's new content. This comes out a week after Ni no Kuni remastered which is my favorite game ever so playing 2 of my favorite games again, back to back is going to be fun.

I wonder if they'll reveal the 4 as yet unrevealed additions and the one as yet unrevealed improvement, or if that's something they plan to slowly unveil over time...or if they plan to let players figure it out (probably not).
I am wondering/hoping really, that the two Draconian settings added to the PS4 version stick around;  Stronger Monsters, and EXP cap.  No idea or word on that.
That'd be great. I need good 2D sprites of DQ7 & 8 to make into my perler bead collections!
  • Like 1