Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Dragon Quest XI S (E3 2019)

I thought I would make a thread for Dragon Quest XI S videos, information, etc. announced and/or shown during E3 2019.

And let's begin with the Dragon Quest XI S trailer that Square Enix dropped during Square Enix Live E3 2019, which I didn't expect.

Hopefully, we'll get a release date either during Nintendo Direct E3 2019 or during Nintendo Treehouse Live E3 2019.

I think my favourite part of that is the reception.  Very positive, and not one jeer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ignasia said:

I think my favourite part of that is the reception.  Very positive, and not one jeer.

That is very nice. I’d be cheering my head off too about the symphonic music highlight.

Seriously though, good to see/hear people are genuinely excited.

I’m also glad it got a warm reception but that crowd was so juiced up because of Final Fantasy VII, they were losing it over pretty much the whole presentation. This whole E3 has been the crowd trying to one-up each other. Whether it’s that dude yelling at Keanu Reeves that he’s breathtaking, or that guy screaming whenever someone at the Bethesda conference said a new sentence, everyone is out to get a headline for screaming as loud as possible this year.

Not sure what thread to put this comment in, but yeah, kudos to Square Enix for not acting completely trashy in their press conference. (What I saw of it anyway.) They're not out to get a headline. They're out to go as lowbrow as possible. Oy vey, Ubisoft!

• Upvote 1

I’m referring to the audience members.

6 hours ago, Dwaine said:

Not sure what thread to put this comment in, but yeah, kudos to Square Enix for not acting completely trashy in their press conference. (What I saw of it anyway.) They're not out to get a headline. They're out to go as lowbrow as possible. Oy vey, Ubisoft!

What happened with Ubisoft? I had to work all day yesterday so I’m behind on what happened at each E3 press conference.

Completely spoiled

Spoiler

Hendrik as a party member at 0:54

Hope everyone seeing the trailer already played a previous version!

It's audience members and presenters. Why do you think Ikumi Nakamura got such a positive response? She's someone who's great at her job, personable, and genuinely enthusiastic about the project she worked on. A far cry from random interchangeable dude with tattoo sleeves who think they're being edgy and current by saying "#$*!" a bunch. Ubisoft's conference awkwardly ended with some esports even with guy who was all, "Yeeeeeeh we got T-Pain and Lil Yachty, so let's. Do. Dis. Shiiiiiiiiii-TAH!"

28 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

It's audience members and presenters. Why do you think Ikumi Nakamura got such a positive response? She's someone who's great at her job, personable, and genuinely enthusiastic about the project she worked on. A far cry from random interchangeable dude with tattoo sleeves who think they're being edgy and current by saying "#$*!" a bunch. Ubisoft's conference awkwardly ended with some esports even with guy who was all, "Yeeeeeeh we got T-Pain and Lil Yachty, so let's. Do. Dis. Shiiiiiiiiii-TAH!"

Sounds like this guy. Also Ubisoft:

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

Like I said, I had to work all day. I saw the clip with Ikumi because eal posted about it in the E3 2019 topic, but I had no context for the rest of Ubisoft’s presentation. I figured she was just genuinely excited and the crowd was too.

I haven’t had the time to watch any of the full presentations. Any news I get about E3 has been from heat or a gaming news site.

People are losing it over her. There are a bunch of articles full of tweets with people (jokingly) declaring they would die for Ikumi. She retweeted a bunch of fanart of her, and even saved them all to a folder on her phone called “My Treasures.” It was very adorable.

Dragon Quest XI S will be released on 27 September 2019!

And the Luminary, as well as other Dragon Quest heroes, are confirmed as the next Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC characters!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

Dragon Quest XI S will be released on 27 September 2019!

And the Luminary, as well as other Dragon Quest heroes, are confirmed as the next Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC characters!

I never thought that I'd see the day a Dragon Quest character would make it into Smash! Also I'm happy with that release date, gives me enough time to finish Builders 2 and a couple of other games! :)

• Like 1

Erdrick in smash brought me back to the forums.

I waited over 10 years for this since I got introduced to DQ in 2007. This is amazing and Ive never been more of a smash fan than I am now.

• Like 2

RIP many people's wallets.

https://japanesenintendo.com/2019/06/11/dragon-quest-xi-s-roto-edition-announced

item_image2.jpg

Square Enix have announced a limited edition Nintendo Switch Dragon Quest XI S Roto Edition console for 27 September release priced at ¥43,157 and including a copy of the game! Full design pictured below. Many thanks to Naruki.

free_item114-1.jpg

free_item115-1.jpg

free_item116-1.jpg

32 minutes ago, eal said:

* many Japanese people’s wallets.

*Alongside some western Dragon Quest fans' wallets.

Nintendo just released the Dragon Quest XI S trailer shown at Nintendo Direct E3 2019.

Here are some screenshots and a fact sheet courtesy of GoNintendo.

242f8867a6ad5cb328b2398a5c211194.jpg

5a94963094fea85ee04b1f4215346b0b.jpg

a0bdeaccad6fac31e70ee76ae201d0d5.jpg

fcff9faa175da6779d3cf583e35f46fe.jpg

ac969c7c140b4698093b88be6dba885e.jpg

4022c605fa0f9abedd40e264ff767982.jpg

50d61f0668c96e1a32ee71603e671b7d.jpg

ec7054d99dabcefaa6e3c93bd8d27518.jpg

0eda27ee70b8214eb8ba76a690025cde.jpg

e83bbe2159844f20acbaa4dad0385510.jpg

8d0fb3be0d3ec56d67dbab3206435b6f.jpg

7604e18202099c3cc2dfe43833d6debd.jpg

ef9bf688a7d262de8a55e7d03a739cd0.jpg

dcd32a4f5455e07068c68fe8c48c3cfa.jpg

263c997a00bbbe5f39e3a8fa1f52401f.jpg

2bdafb026ea4ef59ea383a40cd254b54.jpg

19b8542738e2cbd2672c6113ad51e833.jpg

fact.png

So Square Enix released a trailer for Dragon Quest XI S today, and it showcased some stuff not shown during Nintendo Direct E3 2019.

The hero riding the Slime Knight is hilarious. Seeing the Knight cling for dear life to his slimy stead is just too funny.

1 hour ago, Dakhil said:

*Alongside some western Dragon Quest fans' wallets.

I haven’t boughten a Switch yet. I may (but likely won’t) import that version of the system. The Switch is region free after all.

Posted (edited)

Official Dragon Quest XI S boxart via Amazon.

91AMRUEEqvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Dragon Quest XI S is the first Dragon Quest game to have a simultaneous worldwide release (in this case, 27 September 2019, for Japan, North America, and Europe)!

Edited by Dakhil

I wonder if the US is getting the JP/English character voice switching function DLC

4 minutes ago, Yawara said:

I wonder if the US is getting the JP/English character voice switching function DLC

They confirmed a few months ago in a Nintendo Direct you’ll be able to choose the English or Japanese dub.

1 hour ago, Dakhil said:

Official Dragon Quest XI S boxart via Amazon.

91AMRUEEqvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Dragon Quest XI S is the first Dragon Quest game to have a simultaneous worldwide release (in this case, 27 September 2019, for Japan, North America, and Europe)!

Sweet, glad to see them using the 2D cover. Nice touch adding in one of the time spirits and the lizard from Dragon Quest VII’s PS1 boxart.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The hero riding the Slime Knight is hilarious. Seeing the Knight cling for dear life to his slimy stead is just too funny.

Yeah, I nearly died after seeing that.  Also being literally in the hand of a golem.  That's pretty awesome.

=====

Ooo.  Auto costume mode.  That's cool.

I like the new pirate outfit.  Red is a good look for Erik.

LOL, Veronica with a pig costume.  Priceless.  Those poor little spell casting piglets, skinned and turned into a robe.  Oh well, they are annoying, now if only this version has cooking and allowed for bacon!

Cool, white academy outfits.  I wonder if they have a higher drop rate.

I know we've seen it before, but I really like Jade's blue bunny outfit.

10 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

They confirmed a few months ago in a Nintendo Direct you’ll be able to choose the English or Japanese dub.

Sweet, glad to see them using the 2D cover. Nice touch adding in one of the time spirits and the lizard from Dragon Quest VII’s PS1 boxart.

Yeah, it's cool they're using the original box art, and yeah...that Lizard had to go somewhere.  Afterall we never see it after the opening movie in the original DQVII.  I guess it somehow got itself caught in some wormhole and landed in DQXI's world.  Is that a factor in the past scenarios for DQVII?