Sign in to follow this  
eal

Another Obligatory E3 Thread: 2019

Posted (edited)

Ok, I managed to see parts of the Direct on my lunch break. First off, SUPER excited to see the heroes of Dragon Quest 3, 4, 8, and 11 playable along with the other heroes joining in on the final smash. That was some excellent news to see.

But then the end of the Direct....BANJO AND KAZOOIE ARE BACK! Holy #$*!, I am beyond excited about that! I am SUPER excited they’re making a return to a Nintendo console, and in Smash Bros. no less! The kid in me who grew up on their games on the N64 was smiling ear to ear, and adult me got the biggest smile on my face too. That was truly the best surprise from E3 this year. And the extra touch of DK and Diddy being excited for their return was really sweet too, and a nice nod to the history Nintendo and Rare shared back in the 90s.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m really excited about The Hero too. But Banjo-Kazooie are really nostalgic for me. I’ve replayed the original games so many times over the years, even the GBA games and a playthrough of Nuts and Bolts (that game was good, especially the music). The dynamic duo making a return is so, so wonderful. Not to mention seeing Spiral Mountain and several characters from the game back in HD is awesome! Oh man, that trailer really got to me in all the right ways.

I NEED to get Smash now for sure, more than ever. Dragon Quest AND Banjo-Kazooie both being in the same game? Be still my beating heart!!!!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

We all clearly watched the Nintendo E3 presentation, so what else besides DQ in Smash has you all excited?

I’m still catching up on the Nintendo news of the day outside the Smash Bros Ultimate announcements (which is still putting a big smile on my face whenever it pops back into my mind), but a few things I’m excited about:

-Trials of Mana/Collection of Mana: First off, it’s awesome to see Seiken Densetsu 3 FINALLY get an official English release. I’ve not played any of the Mana games, but I’ve heard many good things about 3 and from what I’ve watched it looks like a great game. Seeing it getting a full on remake AND a release along with the first two games in the Collection is awesome, awesome, awesome. Whenever I get a Switch I definitely plan to pick up the Collection of Mana, and eventually Trials of Mana when the remake releases.

-No More Heroes 3: I was SHOCKED to hear about this game. I loved NMH 1 & 2 on the Wii. They were so weird but kickass games, so hearing a 3rd game is on the way is excellent. When I started watching the trailer (before knowing what it was for) and I heard the blatant reference to Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back, I immediately thought it was going to be a Suda51 game. Sure didn’t expect NMH3 though! Definitely, DEFINITELY getting this game ASAP.

-Astral Chains: Apologies if I have the name wrong, but the newest game from Platinum Games looks SWEET. That gameplay footage was pretty spectacular, not gonna lie.

-The two Zelda games: While I still think the visual style for the remake of Link’s Awakening looks weird, seeing more of the game was nice. And a sequel to Breath of the Wild is cool too. I’ll admit I’m not as crazy excited for these games, but still, new Zelda games are always a good time.

So yeah. E3 this year has had some pretty great surprises. Going into it I was kind of ho-hum about this year, but after the early surprises last week and the new ones this week this E3 has done a good job getting me excited for future games and DLC. It certainly has convinced me to pick up a Switch as soon as I can!

Oh, one more game I was excited to see more of: Cadence of Hyrule. I’ve played Crypt of the Necrodancer on my Vita a ton, so hearing about a crossover game with Zelda music/themes really grabbed my attention back when it was first announced. I’ve not said anything about the game, but seeing it in the Direct news for me excited for it again. I’ll be curious what all songs get the remix treatment for the game.

I’m hyped for basically the same stuff.

Astral Chain (the character designer is Masakazu Katsura of I”s and Zetman fame!), Panzer Dragoon, the Mana games, I’m excited for people to get a chance to play Ni no Kuni that haven’t yet, obviously Pokémon and FE.

And it totally makes sense we’re getting some more No More Heroes. Travis Strikes Again came out recently and was mostly just there to test the waters for a potential third game, so I’m not super surprised we’re getting more.

45 minutes ago, eal said:

And it totally makes sense we’re getting some more No More Heroes. Travis Strikes Again came out recently and was mostly just there to test the waters for a potential third game, so I’m not super surprised we’re getting more.

spacer.png

Just smile and nod about me being excited about NMH3, eal. Just smile and nod.

Anyway, it was cool to see Panzer Dragoon too. That’s a game I never thought would see the light of say again, so it’s great to see it’s making a return. Not a game I’m planning to get, but still, I’m happy for people who are fans of it.

I'm very excited to finally be able to play Ni No Kuni! Fire Emblem, Pokemon, FF7R, new Smash DLC, and sequal to Breath of thewil are all ones I'm excited for.

Grant Kirkhope (the composer for the Banjo-Kazooie series) was really excited about the reveal of Banjo and Kazooie for Smash Ultimate on Facebook. He said it was an honor to see the two appearing in Smash, and he composed the new rendition of Spiral Mountain featured in the reveal trailer. Seeing Grant super excited about the announcement and music was really awesome, and the new rendition of Spiral Mountain has some real love put into it. The full version linked below features musical nods to various other levels from Banjo-Kazooie, such as Treasure Trove Cove, Freezezy Peak, Rusty Bucket Bay, and a snippet of Gruntilda’s Lair too!

Man, I’m so excited to see what other music from the games will be featured in Smash! I hope we get music from levels like Jolly Roger’s Lagoon, Cloud Cuckooland, Hailfire Peaks, and the Isle o’ Hags.

Oh, and Jinjo Village. That’s a good one from Banjo-Tooie.

• Like 1

So much... DQ... exposure... and BotW sequel...

Oh, dear... let me clean this up real quick... *picks jaw up off of floor and holds it in place as he walks away*

• Like 1

"Square I've waited since 1998 for SD3 can you toss me a bone"

Square Enix: "say no more"

36 minutes ago, Fates said:

"Square I've waited since 1998 for SD3 can you toss me a bone"

Square Enix: "say no more"

In fact, they tossed it to you twice!

• Like 2

Yes! Banjo is getting a Mumbo Jumbo inspired color scheme! Just what I wanted to see!

spacer.png

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/06/13/the-banjo-kazooie-super-smash-bros-ultimate-stage-is-spiral-mountain-and-a-pink-alt/

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
Yes! Banjo is getting a Mumbo Jumbo inspired color scheme! Just what I wanted to see!
spacer.png
https://www.siliconera.com/2019/06/13/the-banjo-kazooie-super-smash-bros-ultimate-stage-is-spiral-mountain-and-a-pink-alt/

I had to click and look, as I thought you were just speaking mumbo jumbo.

^Now that is speaking some mumbo jumbo. 😜

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1