Dragon Quest X Region Free again...

DranzerX13

I'm assuming that this will only be the case for a few days or weeks, right? Because it seems like a thing that Square Enix would want to fix quickly.

Well it will be 2 months in a few days, maybe it will stick this time

At current time, USA and China are the confirmed territories that have been able to get in without an IP block.

It's not a world-wide opening.  A lot of payers are still needing a VPN. 

We've known for a while, but we haven't been broadcasting it as we didn't want a sudden rush of foreigners jumping in and announcing to Square Enix with a bright neon sign that someone forgot to lock the door and prompting them to immediately restore it.  We've instead had a gradual trickle of people coming in, which is a lot better than a sudden surge.

My theory is that this is related to the shutdown of Chinese DQX.  I suspect it's not a coincidence that China can now get into the JP server.  I suspect that they released it to allow the Chinese players to migrate to the Japanese server.  My theory is that the US happens to be controlled by whatever setting it is that was controlling China and we got to come along for the ride.

Edited by Cranberry

Good info, thank you Cranberry :thumbsup:

We are probably OK here, I wouldn't go posting too much about it on social media though :)

Glad this is still a thing. Hopefully soon I'll be able to play again (again, again, again, again, again; lol)!

We haven't tested every region.  The regions that are known to be released are China and the United States.

European regions were still needing a VPN.  But there's a lot of European territories, it's possible some of them might be able to get through.  We won't know for sure until someone tries and reports their results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...