Dakhil

Dragon Quest X Expansion Announced

Posted (edited)

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/05/21/dragon-quest-x-is-getting-a-new-expansion-where-you-go-to-the-demon-world/

dqx_thumb.jpg

Earlier today, Square Enix announced the latest expansion for Dragon Quest X, which has been announced for Nintendo Switch, Wii U, PlayStation 4, and PC. The expansion is titled 'The Shrine Maiden of Thorns and the God of Destruction', and will let players explore a new world in the form of the Demon World (Makai).

Here are the first few screenshots of the new world: dqx2_thumb.jpg

dqx3_thumb.jpg

dqx4_thumb.jpg

The expansion will release within 2019, and will be released digitally to all consoles mentioned above. It will also be releasing physically, except for the Wii U version. As for the Switch version, the physical version will contain a download code rather than a game card inside. As for the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest X, no additional content is required as that version is cloud-based.

Dragon Quest X is available in Japan on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Wii U, and PC, as well as Nintendo 3DS via cloud gaming.

Edited by Dakhil

The Hiroba page reveals that we will be visiting the Demon Realm this time.

What about the PS4 version? 🤔

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Xiggy said:

What about the PS4 version? 🤔

Well, we have to see if Square Enix announces a western release of Dragon Quest X before we can ask that question. The Nintendo Switch is outselling the PlayStation 4 in Japan after all.

Well, ignore what I said earlier. Square Enix will release it on the PlayStation 4 as well. Please take a look at the updated OP.

Edited by Dakhil

All I saw about the PS4 version is a reference that that version will also work on PS4 Pro.

2 hours ago, Dakhil said:

Well, we have to see if Square Enix announces a western release of Dragon Quest X before we can ask that question. The Nintendo Switch is outselling the PlayStation 4 in Japan after all.

No, I meant, in your first message you didn't mention this expansion being released on PS4. DQX is playable on Sony's console, and it would surprise me greatly for this expansion not to be commercialized on Playstation too. Surely SE wouldn't be dumb enough to make a DQ console exclusive. They would alienate their own Japanese fans. 

I ceased to hope playing this game a long time ago. I wouldn't count on a western release, not yet. SE would probably lose more money than they would win. 

PS4 expansion pack will be released as well if that's you're asking

No, I meant, in your first message you didn't mention this expansion being released on PS4. DQX is playable on Sony's console, and it would surprise me greatly for this expansion not to be commercialized on Playstation too. Surely SE wouldn't be dumb enough to make a DQ console exclusive. They would alienate their own Japanese fans. 
I ceased to hope playing this game a long time ago. I wouldn't count on a western release, not yet. SE would probably lose more money than they would win. 
Ignore whatever I said earlier. Square Enix is indeed relaxing the Expansion Pack to the PlayStation 4 and I have updated the original post.
  • Like 1