DQM 2: Iru & Luca's Marvelous Mysterious Key Data Project

So I've been watching some DQM23D videos on YouTube and found something interesting: there's apparently an area in the post-game where REALLY high-level monsters can be found wild and can be scouted. So I guess my absurd synth chain isn't actually necessary? Like, in this one, the player finds the freaking BABOON BEAST in the wild, just chilling on his throne as he always is.

Anyone know more about this?

Edited by Archfiend Wrangler
  • Like 1

Those are the library keys; you need to recruit a certain amount of monsters for each rank to get there, and you can only recruit monsters there you've already acquired from other means. So it doesn't actually change anything; also, FYI, they're all at level 20, so not really high level. I have a copy of the game where I've beaten the post-game and done most stuff besides slowly slogging toward breeding everything, so if you have any specific questions about this or Joker 3 Pro (which I have too) I can probably answer them, less so on the latter because I haven't played it as much. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MrMystery said:

Those are the library keys; you need to recruit a certain amount of monsters for each rank to get there, and you can only recruit monsters there you've already acquired from other means. So it doesn't actually change anything; also, FYI, they're all at level 20, so not really high level. I have a copy of the game where I've beaten the post-game and done most stuff besides slowly slogging toward breeding everything, so if you have any specific questions about this or Joker 3 Pro (which I have too) I can probably answer them, less so on the latter because I haven't played it as much. 

Ah, I knew there had to be a catch. Even in post-post-game, a utopian valley of frolicking demon lords seemed too good to be true. Will still help me in my goal of obtaining ALL final bosses at once, though - unless the wild versions are weak enough that it'd be BETTER to synth them from scratch.

Thanks for your offer to discuss Joker 3, too. What can you tell me about its longest synth chains? And do you know why they cut a ton of monsters in favor of palette swaps? It's the same system; couldn't they re-use the assets?

I've used https://game8.jp/dqmj3pro/ as my main resource for finding synth chains, although I haven't invested the time in trying to do much with them (for some reason I'm not able to get the disks to give me SS monsters as rewards, no Japanese resource I could find was any help and people here had no idea what I was talking about). Going through the monsters tab should let you click around and find everything; https://game8.jp/dqmj3pro/140829 is the page for what I believe is the hardest monster to get. As for why they cut so many monsters, I can only conjecture that they wanted a certain art style or something. 

• Like 2

Thank you. Another question about 2 3D - where do the monsters not in your active party hang out in that one? It's so adorable seeing them frolicking in the Albatross pen in Joker 2 (...I think so, anyway) and was wondering if there was anything similar in this one. Where do the four-slot ones live, in particular? Those things are like Megazords.

If you wander around your farm, there are a few screens of space where they hang out in pens and such. I don't think the 4-slot monsters show up, but the 3-slot ones will hang out as well. 

• Like 2
On 3/7/2020 at 1:54 PM, MrMystery said:

If you wander around your farm, there are a few screens of space where they hang out in pens and such. I don't think the 4-slot monsters show up, but the 3-slot ones will hang out as well. 

Thanks for all this! Can you explain at all the actual plot role of the post-Joker 2 superbosses, if you know? Baboon/Evil Beast from Joker 2 Pro, Maizar/Semergias (are these different forms of the same guy?) from Terry 3D, He Who Has No Name from Cobi and Tara 3D, Jormungandros from Joker 3, and Madyraja from Joker 3 Pro?

Joker 2 Pro: I believe he took over the throne of the sky kingdom or whatever from the Sanguinis. 

Terry 3D: Haven't played it, so I don't know.

DQM2 3D: It's just some sort of sealed evil that some legendary heroes defeated in the past.

In Joker 3 Pro, I skipped the post-game from the original, so I can't speak to that.

Joker 3 Pro: Once again, way back in the past, there was a war between the good and bad guys; Madyraja was the leader of the latter. 

These games and "complex stories" do not go together.

Edited by MrMystery
  • Like 3
  • 1 month later...

to terrys wonderland...

its a 400 years old prophecy which comes true. its about a speciall starry turnament which takes place every 400 years, where the winner of the starry nightturnament (terry) has to fight with other representitives against the 5 representitives of Blight tree/monsterkind in order to claim the spiritstone. since You ultimately defeat the representitives another prophecy comes true regarding one of the rulers of blight tree (Maizar), who was transformed into Maizarcan, who threatens to destroy blight tree. after his defeat he consumes Rugius (his brother) and becomes Semirigas aka evil incarnate.

for the Mainbosses of DQMJ3 Snapped-off and Snapped-Almighty are just new forms of the hatred of Carmasso (Boss of dqmj1) which try to destroy the remains of the broken world in which the games take place. And the afterstory bosses Snapped-Dragon and Jormungandros are forms which the "dark master" takes on bc he doesnt accept defeat  (he is an underling of snapped-off which is treated as the main villain until snapped-off is revealed. Furthermore he is sth created to be better than any winner of the monsters GP(the turnament of the previous games). This is the reason why he doesnt accept defeat by the protagonists hands.

i hope this can be understood since english isnt my first language

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Remember the Synth Chart from Hell earlier in this thread? Course you do. Well, in my glee at learning of the new smartphone remake with even more monsters, I've been perusing the synth charts on this site, and WOW, deeper into the rabbit hole we go. 

According to this site, the highest monster in the remake (of the remake) is, interestingly, Mordegon II. He's made from Mordegon I + Jormungandros,  who is made from Grand Estark + Snapped Dragon, who is made from He Who Has No Name + Snapped Almighty (in other words, yes, you have to go through BOTH the original's most absurd synth chains to get Jormungandros), who is made from Void Droid + Snapped Off, who is made from Nimzo +... that other fat red thing that was in Joker 3 (what is his origin?), who is made from Xiphos + Hihyudorado.

And there's actually another monster that needs HWHNN, who seems to be making its first appearance here.

The site also notes Calasmos is in the game, but doesn't at present actually know how to get him.

And poor Malroth is still at S... 

• Like 1
Remember the Synth Chart from Hell earlier in this thread? Course you do. Well, in my glee at learning of the new smartphone remake with even more monsters, I've been perusing the synth charts on this site, and WOW, deeper into the rabbit hole we go. 
According to this site, the highest monster in the remake (of the remake) is, interestingly, Mordegon II. He's made from Mordegon I + Jormungandros,  who is made from Grand Estark + Snapped Dragon, who is made from He Who Has No Name + Snapped Almighty (in other words, yes, you have to go through BOTH the original's most absurd synth chains to get Jormungandros), who is made from Void Droid + Snapped Off, who is made from Nimzo +... that other fat red thing that was in Joker 3 (what is his origin?), who is made from Xiphos + Hihyudorado.
And there's actually another monster that needs HWHNN, who seems to be making its first appearance here.
The site also notes Calasmos is in the game, but doesn't at present actually know how to get him.
And poor Malroth is still at S... 
My head spins at the chart I'd draw to get that far!

It literally nearly doubles in size, for the simple reason that Grand Estark and HWHNN's chains don't intersect in the original. But in this one, they do, meeting at the DQMJ3 superboss, Jormungandros.

The site lists Calasmos, Madesagora, and, oddly enough, Void Droid as "Method of obtaining unknown." Anyone have any ideas?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey...so I not only beat this game 
I have completed the library of all monsters. 
Did you need my 3DS save data ? 

Also, most of the information has been compiled here : 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V7Q_sovR-j0ir9FKEVW_-T9O_SDPitdgQ_tntd0cl74/edit#gid=0   

Thanks to the people testing/playing the English translation on Discord.

• Like 2