Burner

DQIV party chat rip, first draft

Posted (edited)

First, all thanks should be directed to aerynb, who did the hard work of ripping the files in the first place. None of this would be possible without their breaking down the tech barrier.

As for the thread title, I call this the first draft because while it's organized by character and chapter I have yet to add context for each line. About three more weeks or so to do a casual playthrough and get the information ought to be enough to properly set up the dialogue. Once I have that organized I'll edit the thread and replace the rough draft. I didn't want to leave anyone waiting for longer than I already have, so contextless word document is better than nothing for the time being.

4 party chat.zip

4 party chat.odt

Edited by Burner
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Applause should be given. Thank you very much for your work. I look forward to reading them when I get a chance.

On 4/19/2019 at 2:23 PM, Burner said:

First, all thanks should be directed to aerynb, who did the hard work of ripping the files in the first place. None of this would be possible without their breaking down the tech barrier.

As for the thread title, I call this the first draft because while it's organized by character and chapter I have yet to add context for each line. About three more weeks or so to do a casual playthrough and get the information ought to be enough to properly set up the dialogue. Once I have that organized I'll edit the thread and replace the rough draft. I didn't want to leave anyone waiting for longer than I already have, so contextless word document is better than nothing for the time being.

I don't think I did that much. I think someone (now I forget who) recommended the correct tool to ... I dunno ... unpack the text ? Anyway, I'm glad it's getting somewhere. :)