Sign in to follow this  
Kakugo

Dragon Quest pet peeves thread!

I wanted to break out of my shell for something nobody will understand why do I even like doing this, and I thought "huh, that would be a cool idea for a thread".

So, here it is! Share your pet peeves. You know, that "one thing you always love doing during your playthrough(s) in all or some of the Dragon Quest games but people don't understand why you do it".

Example is my own pet peeve: Whenever possible, I put every other party member to follow tactics and I only fully control the protagonist. It makes me feel like I'm the leader of a party, a member of a group of friends, taking good care of each other. This means everything people found bad in Persona 3 FES I found to be absolutely brilliant.

Go on.

I thought a pet peeve was a small thing that a certain person finds annoying.

Anyway, in most Dragon Quest games I like to finish off most boss monsters with an unnecessarily powerful move. It makes me feel like I'm delivering deserved retribution to a villain or antagonist... Also I just like dealing large amounts of damage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hendrik of Heliodor said:

I thought a pet peeve was a small thing that a certain person finds annoying.

Anyway, in most Dragon Quest games I like to finish off most boss monsters with an unnecessarily powerful move. It makes me feel like I'm delivering deserved retribution to a villain or antagonist... Also I just like dealing large amounts of damage.

That is so Dragonball-esque. Like a father+son kamehameha. I can see the cool factor in it.

I also expected that I'll misuse the term "pet peeve" but people will forgive me 😊lol

The protagonist being on the side most of the time. I don't mind a slient protagonist but I wish DQ protagonist were a bit more engaged in cutscenes instead of just... Standing there. 

It would be nice if DQ brought back the option to interact in the mirror, I'd love to see the protagonist stare in the mirror and make silly faces.

15 minutes ago, Imutone said:

The protagonist being on the side most of the time. I don't mind a slient protagonist but I wish DQ protagonist were a bit more engaged in cutscenes instead of just... Standing there. 

It would be nice if DQ brought back the option to interact in the mirror, I'd love to see the protagonist stare in the mirror and make silly faces.

I don’t know, DQ8 does have some funny moments with the protagonist just off to the side. Specifically the bar fight scene in Simpleton where he just stands there awestruck while bottles and other whatnot objects going flying in front of him.

But I get what you mean though.

• Like 2

My pet peeve is the quick save system in the old games. Like why does it have to delete my save after I load it back up? I always save before a gym leader or legendary in Pokémon so I can start right over if something goes wrong. Let me do the same right before a boss in DQ! Thankfully in DQ 8 on the 3DS I can do just that.