Dunno if it's already been made in the past or not, but I decided to make a thread about DQMJ3Pro, a game I don't even own yet, because why not?

This is, as you can see, a place to talk about DQMJ3Pro and, for those of you who do own it or will soon, your experiences with it.

Anyway, here I am, going back to tradition with some monster stats:

ゴメちゃん/Gome-chan

Rank SS/Size 1/Slime Family

Traits:

スモールボディ/Small Body (dodges attacks sometimes due to its small size; also acts as a version of Early Bird)

にげあし/Escape Artist (will always be able to flee from battle)

ハードメタルボディ/Hard Metal Body (reduces damage sustained from enemy attacks to 1/4; however, MP consumption is multiplied by 2.5)

ときどきピオラ/Occasional Accelerate (Accelerate will occasionally trigger at the end of a round) (when upgraded to Big Hitter)

AI 2回行動/Double Trouble (attacks twice in a row, even when directly given an order other than "defend") (when upgraded to Grand Slammer)

超こうどうはやい/Super Early Bird (the order is behind "Ultimate Early Bird," but above normal Early Bird) (when upgraded to Super Giga Body/Base Breaker)

みかわしアップ/Artful Dodger (doubles the monster's chances of dodging enemy attacks) (+25 or more)

星のまもり/Protection of the Stars (at the beginning of a round, if HP is at 1/8 or less, the ability Lucky triggers for three rounds; however, it can only be activated once per match) (+50 or more)

光のはどう/Wave of Relief (removes most ailments from all allies)

How to obtain: Wi-Fi present

HP: 1080

MP: 990

ATK: 450

DEF: 1500

AGI: 1500

WIS: 1350

As always, feel free to comment.

I definitely enjoyed my time with Joker 3. The fan translation was excellent, and the only little problems I noticed playing through last year were fixed by a recent patch. Don't think I'd go back for a Pro version though. Perhaps if I had it physically on a 3DS instead of emulating on PC, I'd feel differently, but I tend not to play games twice.

Posted (edited)

I plan on getting the Pro version myself, even though it's pretty expensive on Amazon. It helps that I've had a Japanese 2DS for over a month now. Is there anything I'm missing if I just go for Pro instead of DQMJ3Vanilla?

Questions aside, here's some more monster stats, this time of one of the Super Giga Body demon lords. Let's see how he's improved compared to DQM2 3D:

しん・りゅうおう/LordDraco/Shin Dragonlord

Rank SS/size 4/Dragon Family

Skillset: New/God/True(?) Dragon King

Traits:

超ギガボディ/Super Giga Body/Base Breaker (damage inflicted is increased 1.3x; physical attacks/skills hit all enemies twice; the first hit applies a 1.3x bonus, while the second hit applies a 1.1x bonus; damage cap is increased to 9999)

ギャンブルカウンター/Gamble Counter (will usually take more damage, but can counterattack)

いあつ/Imposing (at the start of battle, can immobilize the opposing party)

電撃ブレイク/Blitz Break/Crafty Shocker (resistance to lightning-type attacks is lowered by two stages; has no effect on monsters who are immune to lightning)

神の息吹/Divine Breath (resistance to breath- or flute-type skills is lowered by one stage)
AI3~4回行動/Tactical Grandmaster (attacks 3-4 times in a row, even when directly given an order other than "defend" or when not using Mercurial Thrust)

火ブレイク/Fire Break/Crafty Pyromaniac (resistance to fire-type attacks is lowered by two stages; has no effect on monsters who are immune to fire) (+25 or higher)

ときどきバイキルト/Occasional Oomph (during battle, the user may occasionally cast Oomph on itself) (+50 or higher)

秘めたるチカラ/Hidden Power (after four turns, ATK, DEF, AGI, and WIS will increase) (+100 or higher)

How to obtain: (Dragonlord × Rhapthorne II) × (Leopold × Big Eater King Bowshock)

HP: 1640 (lower compared to DQM2's 2205HP)

MP: 560 (lower compared to DQM2's 750MP)

ATK: 830 (higher compared to DQM2's 511ATK)

DEF: 780 (higher compared to DQM2's 483DEF)

AGI: 940 (higher compared to DQM2's 580AGI)

WIS: 780 (higher compared to DQM2's 483WIS)

Feel free to comment, although since I haven't played the fan translation of vanilla!Joker 3, I have no idea what certain traits and monsters were called there, and thus had to come up with my own names.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

Posted (edited)

I played both joker 3 and Joker 3 Pro. One of the more interesting aspects of Joker 3 pro is you can coalesce(Don't know what the game calls it!)  monsters together during battle which if you pick your traits right during monster Synthesizing of certain monsters I think +75  you wind up creating a monster that can potentially be stronger than the base monster with certain traits carried over from the other monster. 

If you have a monster with AI 4(The ones that have it are size 4 and can only be obtained from the wifi section.) and you want it on let's say a slime the slime can inherit the AI 4 trait from the other monster while keeping it a size one monster. Here is where coalesce gets fun you take that AI 4  Slime that you made and coalesce it with a another slime which is only AI 1 and is also size small your coalesced Slime now has AI 5 sadly giving the AI 1 Slime AI 2 doesn't increase the AI. If you increase the size of the AI 1 Slime from small to large(The one that takes three spots.) and you coalesce the AI 4 Slime with the Size 3 Slime you get AI 7. 

Video documenting this(Old version of Citra): 

Edited by ethanej
Added video

Posted (edited)

Holy crap, this is insane. And I'm not talking about the methods used for the whole combination process.

So I assume this means, even with lower overall stats, that monsters like Zoma's Devil and Mortamor II might actually see any use at all, though do correct me if I'm wrong.

On 3/26/2019 at 5:20 PM, Chanticleer Hegemony said:

Holy crap, this is insane. And I'm not talking about the methods used for the whole combination process.

So I assume this means, even with lower overall stats, that monsters like Zoma's Devil and Mortamor II might actually see any use at all, though do correct me if I'm wrong.

Not sure about competitive online but during regular game play it helps them. Went and retested it with a level 1 monster the other monster was at Max level in about 8 rounds it took both demon at arm's out. I noticed it seems they added some monsters in version 1.3 which a few seem to be from Dai.

7 hours ago, ethanej said:

Not sure about competitive online but during regular game play it helps them. Went and retested it with a level 1 monster the other monster was at Max level in about 8 rounds it took both demon at arm's out. I noticed it seems they added some monsters in version 1.3 which a few seem to be from Dai.

And indeed, the very first monster covered on this thread (Gome-chan) is from Dai no Daibouken!

Posted (edited)

I realize maybe I should've put it in the DQMJ3 forum...

Anyway, here's some more monster stats for you all.

プラチナキング/Platinum king/Platinum king jewel

Rank SS/Size 2/Slime Family

Skillset: Mega Power

Traits:

メガボディ/Mega Body/Big Hitter (all damage this monster inflicts is increased by 1.2x)

にげあし/Escape Artist (will always be able to flee from battle)

ハードメタルボディ/Hard Metal Body (reduces damage sustained from enemy attacks to 1/4; however, MP consumption is multiplied by 2.5)

AI 2回行動/Double Trouble (attacks twice in a row, even when directly given an order; exceptions include the "defend" order or when certain attacks (eg. Mercurial Thrust, Selflessness) are used)

こうどうきぶん次第/ASAP Actor (unofficial translation) (the order in which this monster may move depends on the level of tension it has) (when upgraded to Grand Slammer)

いてつくはどう/Disruptive Wave (during battle, may fire off Disruptive Wave (neutralizes nearly all positive effects; negative effects remain unaffected)) (when upgraded to Super Giga Body/Base Breaker)

ひん死で呪文会心/Despellrado (unofficial translation) (spell-based equivalent of Desperado; increases the chance of haywire spells when HP is extremely low) (+25 or more)

星のまもり/Protection of the Stars (at the beginning of a round, if HP is at 1/8 or less, the ability Lucky triggers for three rounds; however, it can only be activated once per match) (+50 or more)

くじけぬ心/Close Scraper (enables monster to survive fatal damage with 1HP) (+100 or more)

How to obtain: (Emperor slime × Emperor slime) × (Gem slime × Gem slime) (breed)

HP: 1000

MP: 600

ATK: 560

DEF: 1500

AGI: 1380

WIS: 1400

Feel free to comment.