Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

"Dragon Quest XI S Shows Off 2D Mode, Additional Story, and More in its New Batch of Screenshots"

They marketed XI more than they did any of the previous games (except maybe IX)

Look, things aren't perfect, but things have also never been better if you're an English DQ fan. We're getting the games, spin-offs, and manga. Is anyone really at all shocked that we aren't getting the 3DS version of the game? It's a dead console in terms of releases. The Switch version has all the content from that release...be happy with that.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:

Look, things aren't perfect, but things have also never been better if you're an English DQ fan. We're getting the games, spin-offs, and manga. Is anyone really at all shocked that we aren't getting the 3DS version of the game? It's a dead console in terms of releases. The Switch version has all the content from that release...be happy with that.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk - and I can't find the option to turn this signature off

Maybe if we'd got the 3DS version at launch (in Japan) it'd have been different, but yeah, I get it.  Heck, the Switch was already out at that time so 3DS was already on life support.  I know us hardcore fans would play it, but all I have to do is look at Yo-Kai Watch 3 on 3DS which came out a couple months ago.  Honestly it's AWESOME!  Best story in the series, at least double the content of Yo-Kai 1 and Yo-Kai 2 plus it has a "sidequest" which is basically the ENTIRE Yo-Kai Blasters game put into it.  It's a freaking series masterpiece that came out over here after the 3DS death, and no one's playing it because of that.  I hope that doesn't stop Level-5 from bringing the series over, so I'm now OK that Squeenix didn't bring the 3DS over since we're getting basically everything in the Switch port.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Which is why I said I have hope Dragon Quest XI S will sell well since Nintendo's handling the marketing and publishing of Dragon Quest XI S outside of Japan. And Nintendo also handled the marketing and publishing of Dragon Quest IX, which is why Dragon Quest XI has around 1.02 million sales in North America and Europe.

You go to "Settings", then "Signature", and there's a toggle button to turn off the signature.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Maybe if we'd got the 3DS version at launch (in Japan) it'd have been different, but yeah, I get it.  Heck, the Switch was already out at that time so 3DS was already on life support.  I know us hardcore fans would play it, but all I have to do is look at Yo-Kai Watch 3 on 3DS which came out a couple months ago.  Honestly it's AWESOME!  Best story in the series, at least double the content of Yo-Kai 1 and Yo-Kai 2 plus it has a "sidequest" which is basically the ENTIRE Yo-Kai Blasters game put into it.  It's a freaking series masterpiece that came out over here after the 3DS death, and no one's playing it because of that.  I hope that doesn't stop Level-5 from bringing the series over, so I'm now OK that Squeenix didn't bring the 3DS over since we're getting basically everything in the Switch port.

Nintendo handles publishing Level-5 games on their consoles overseas. As long as Nintendo wants to keep supporting Yo-Kai Watch and other Level-5 games, we’ll keep seeing releases over here even if they are a year or two behind the original Japanese releases. Nintendo and Level-5 (seem to) have a good relationship, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

Nintendo's handling the marketing and publishing of Dragon Quest XI S

I applied to get access to the Nintendo Press site but they denied me, probably being blackballed by Nintendo because of my cease and desist from years ago. >.<

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 6:37 AM, Woodus said:

probably being blackballed by Nintendo because of my cease and desist from years ago. >.<

Surely there's a story here.

22 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

There is a story, but don’t call him Shirley.

14 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

There is a story, but don’t call him Shirley.

That doesn't really work when you can read the spelling. Nice try though.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

That doesn't really work when you can read the spelling. Nice try though.

See, you typed all that, but all of it made me think of was Sokka from Avatar The Last Airvender. Specifically from the end of this scene:

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

4 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

See, you typed all that, but all of it made me think of was Sokka from Avatar The Last Airvender. Specifically from the end of this scene:

Sokka was so underrated.

40 minutes ago, eal said:

Sokka was so underrated.

Amen eal. Sokka was always my favorite character from the show.

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Amen eal. Sokka was always my favorite character from the show.

I was so salty that they did a whole episode dedicated to giving him a power boost, getting a sword, and it didn’t really matter all that much.

22 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Nothing very interesting, back in the early days of the Den I had the NES Roms and some of the GBC ones, got the removal notice from Nintendo.

Ah, I see. Oops!

Extra content?  Sounds great, I do wish that the beginning of the game allowed the player to control Gemma and the dog Sandy. In a hard mode, I would love the challenge even right from the beginning without having allies who have infinite HP and Healing Herbs.  Would love to see Gemma and Sandy both have stats and have to ability to both be leveled up some ( To a max of Level 10 perhaps as the are temporary).  Perhaps some new areas in the first dungeon with more monsters.

Rather than go down through the list of Temp. playable characters, I think it would be nice to have temp characters such as Vince for example as a fifth party member... there are many others that this kind of treatment could receive. While I'm really happy with the game overall, I really think these small additions would enrich the game.

Posted (edited)

I believe the 3DS version had an extra post-game party member. That might be a good idea to add to the Switch version of the game. Spoilers below.

Spoiler

If I remember correctly, the extra party member was one of those spirits of lost time, the little blue ghost like characters and I think he was unlocked in the mini-game/side quest that primarily focuses on those spirits going through some sort of dungeons.

Edited by Hendrik of Heliodor

So the Switch version has managed to get my wife excited to play the game.  Man, took long enough for me to convince her to play a Dragon Quest :P

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Enclave said:

So the Switch version has managed to get my wife excited to play the game.  Man, took long enough for me to convince her to play a Dragon Quest :P

Better late than never. And the more people, the merrier. :)

On 4/13/2019 at 10:58 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

it made me think of was Sokka from Avatar The Last Airvender.

The last Airvendor? 🤔