Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Hah! Classes don't resume until the 20th for me.

Actual classes don't start till the 28th for me, but the school offers a J-term class for students so they can get some credits out of the way. The class I'm doing is a required one I need before I graduate, so I'm taking care of it now. It still sucks though, but I'll get over it.

At least I'll get almost a full week off before the 28th, so that's nice. And next year I shouldn't have to do J-term at all, so that means a much longer break.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Classes for me start tomorrow and they end on the 20th. Then more exams. Then days off. Then second semester starts.

5 exams this semester. At least it balances out with just 1 next semester.

My appointment with my counselor is tomorrow. I wonder how that will go.

Still no luck on a place to stay, but I am determined to find one before the end of the month.

Picked up a couple of Masterpiece Transformers I've been meaning to snag. It's quicker and cheaper to import 'em these days anyway! Wheeljack and Bumblebee. Wheeljack was one of my favorites when I was a kid. As great as he is, I'm really surprised how much I enjoy Bumblebee. Great design in both modes and quick 'n easy to get to and from.

I completed Super Mario 3D Land last night.  Or rather, completed every level, with both Mario and Luigi and then beat the S8-Castle level with both Mario and Luigi.

The S8-Castle was super difficult, until I watched a YouTube vid where a guy basically Tanooki-Statues through most of difficult green-moving-platform areas, and then tail-float and ground-pound combos onto the precariously floating blocks--otherwise the play control made it too difficult to time jumps from platform to platform.

The youtube video boasted that if you posted a video of you completing this S8-Castle level online that you'd receive a free 3DS game, though I don't know if that was a true Nintendo offer, or if the offer expired, as this game originally came out in 2011.

Anyway, I was hoping to unlock other characters as well, but I don't see an option for Peach.  It would have been cool if you could play through as Peach saving either Mario or Luigi.  At a certain point it made me want to play (Super) Paper Mario.  Read a rumor about unlocking baby mario if you get 999 lives, but I don't think I have the patience to try that right now.  On to Ultimate NES Remix.

...oh yeah, and if it was a "Mario LAND" game, shouldn't it have been Daisy and not Peach?  Or at least both Daisy and Peach?  Or does Daisy only exist in Black & White or Sepia colored Mario Land games? :tounge2:

Edited by Liamland

Man, don't get me started on that last castle. I did the entire game in a day then spend hours trying to get through that level, all the while tearing through all the 1-ups I accumulated throughout the game.

Haha.  Yeah, but by the time I reached the Special stages, I figured out that you need to save your game with decent power-ups before you attempt a tough level, otherwise you could lose those power-ups, while tearing through 30 extra lives attempting one completed stage with all three star coins and a yellow flag.  Also, Shadow Mario is often frustrating, but Shadow Mario plus a short-timed round is even worse.

I guess I thought you'd eventually get to play as Peach because one of the unlockable images for the photo gallery is Peach in a Tanooki suit.  That was one of my frustrations for the New SMB series, that they consistently went with two Toad characters, instead of one Toad and a Princess (or anyone else.)  With the plethora of characters in the Super Mario history, you'd think they could do better than repeat character options for co-op play.

Edited by Liamland

Personally, I find any Mario game that doesn't include Rosalina as a playable option is not worth anybody's time to play.

Actual classes don't start till the 28th for me, but the school offers a J-term class for students so they can get some credits out of the way. The class I'm doing is a required one I need before I graduate, so I'm taking care of it now. It still sucks though, but I'll get over it.

At least I'll get almost a full week off before the 28th, so that's nice. And next year I shouldn't have to do J-term at all, so that means a much longer break.

My college had a J-term too. It's what got me into teaching. Took an education J-term class on a whim Freshman year, and here I am 19 years later.

I feel so bad it makes me almost physically ill(

Well first class of J-term went pretty good. The class seems like it won't be all that stressful, so I'll still be able to relax and enjoy myself for the next few weeks.

Oh, and it snowing like a son of a gun, which no doubt means class will be canceled tomorrow. Glad I made it home before the snow really kicked in.

• Upvote 1

The principal at my school made arrangements at the cafeteria so that I can get a free sandwich at lunch.

I am so tired it is not even funny. But I am watching the children right now while still doing my search.

• Upvote 1

Good luck, Demo!

Wow, I've only been gone/barely lurking for 3 (4?) days and tons of things have happened. Or maybe not, and the lack of visiting makes it feel that way. Anyways, I've had a pretty busy weekend (at least by my standards).

Friday night I watched The Rock with my dad, it's a 1996 movie about Nicholas Cage breaking into Alcatraz to disarm a bee bomb. Then I stayed up all night dumping DS and GBA games so that I may legally emulate them.  (All but one of my games are dumped now - the one being Dragon Quest V, for which my dumping tool spits an "out of safe area" error, I think it's referring to memory space, but it doesn't give an address or error number. It's unfortunate that this would be the game that has an error, because I'd like to record a side by side by side by side comparison video (or series of videos) between the SFC, PS2, DS and iOS versions of the game.)

Saturday I loaded up the bed of my dad's truck with wood from a fence I tore down last weekend, then I went to see Mockingjay Part One with a pal of mine -who goes by Assassin6508 (alternatively Assassin5308) on the internet- and his sister (who begged him to let her come along with us). After the movie we walked around the mall (and the Barnes and Noble and Toys R Us across the street which are not actually considered part of the mall) for a few hours waiting for Assassin's mom to get off work and come pick us up (his sister didn't have a bus pass and Assassin needed to drive his grandma's car home anyways) until she finally met us at the Barnes and Noble. We all crammed into the little truck (an old, small ford with inwards-facing back seats - I barely fit in the back, and I'm rather small for my age) and rode along to his grandma's house where Assassin and I got out and into his grandmother's car so he could bring it home for a road trip that his mom was taking. On the way back into the other side of the next town over (where Asssassin and I live) we stopped by Taco Bell for some mexican eatin'. (And I got Posse on Broadway by Sir-Mix-a-Lot stuck in both of our heads). By the time he dropped me off at home, it was about 9:30 at night. I stayed up all night playing Minecraft with him on my personal server. I'd offered for him to spend the night, as we had plans the next day, but he had a paper route at 1:00 in the morning so he had to go home and get ready for that.

Yesterday (Sunday) I cleaned up my bedroom (which I realized I'd left in a state of disrepair over the week) and gave our bulldog a bath before Assassin came over to record for an upcoming Let's Play of ours. (His absence has been the main problem I haven't uploaded any LP videos yet, the series we're doing together is supposed to be the premiere series on both of our Youtube channels - but he's been too busy to come over and record for a few months. Until the other day, I hadn't even been able to get a hold of him just to talk in over three weeks. We've both been unexpectedly busy lately.) After our recording session, we played Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) on my Retron 5 for about 2 hours until he had to leave. about an hour and a half through, he started looking through my games and ran across Fortune Street (which is technically my mom's - I've been borrowing it because I haven't found my own copy yet. I'm avoiding eBay for the moment because the game WAS released here, and I'd like to support one of my local game shops). He said he was interested in playing it, which was really awesome, I hadn't been able to get him to play anything Dragon Quest related until I showed him Rocket Slime on my iPad's DS emulator earlier that day. But there was only about half an hour until his dad was going to come pick him up, so i told him that we'd play it next time he comes over because a game of Fortune Street can take hours. So we kept playing SMB3, and thanks to savestates, we can continue from where we left off later on. After he went home, we were going to play some more Minecraft, but my home network was derping around again and even though he could connect, I couldn't. (The error was that the authentication servers were currently down, but when I checked Mojang's support website, it said they were up. Plus I know Assassin was able to connect, so it was definitely something up with my network.) So I watched YouTube until I crashed.

Today, I got up at 8:00, kinda lurked around a bit in a half-asleep fashion, until I was fully alert around noon. I made lunch and ate, started watching That 70's Show on Netflix until it hit me - suddenly it was almost 3:00, and my dad usually gets home anytime between 3:15 and 4:30. He gets really upset when I laze about at home (even if it's my day off work!) so I rushed and gave our other dog (a half pitbull, half doberman, but all love as if she wasn't bred to kill) a bath and then did the dishes. After that, I got back to watching That 70's Show. Red Forman makes my dad look soft. (But then, so does seeing my dad play Wizardry or Hero's Quest/ for Glory.) When my sister finished her homework, our dad dropped us off at the mall to see a movie. We grabbed a couple sandwiches at Subway before going to the theater to see The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies. Despite how different the Peter Jackson Hobbit trilogy is different than the book, it was sad to once again have one of my favorite series ripped away from me, to never again have another installment. But that feeling slowly went away as I realized that there hasn't been a movie (or movies) made for The Silmarillion, a book of which I only recently heard of, and like the Lord of the Rings book trilogy, I haven't yet read. So, though the LotR movie trilogy, and The Hobbit movie trilogy have come to an end, I still have four great books, and hopefully at least on more movie that will delve into the lore of Middle Earth to enjoy. Anyways, after the movie, my dad offered to sell me his like-new iPhone 6 (128GB) for about half the price of a new iPhone 6 Plus (128GB) (which is the phone I was planning on buying) because he went out and bought his own 6+. Though I really wanted a 6+, this is a good deal, and the 6+ might not fit in my pocket... Plus, even though I won't be getting a "phablet", I can replace my busted iPhone 5 sooner than planned with a nice, new phone, and then save up for a nice Android tablet that I can use with my new Chromecast (because it can't be used to it's full potential with iOS devices). So I agreed. Though I don't have the money right now, I'll be paying him half this week and half in a month. (I'd pay it off in 2 weeks, but my next paycheck is going to be smaller than usual thanks to New Year's. I need to pay for food - I rarely eat at home - and have some money for emergencies.)

Starting today, my month turns hectic. I have school 5 days a week until the 20th, Science Olympics at least on Mondays and Wednesdays, Drama after school until 5 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Community theatre Tuesday and Saturdays 7-9 in the evening. Oh and did I mention finals and searching for a place to stay for the next 5 months (speaking of which, I have a lead on a place with some friends, so fingers crossed)

• Upvote 1

Good luck. Didn't know you were into drama and theater stuff.

Oh yeah! It is probably my favorite class and pass time. Speaking of which, after rehearsal today, I was supposed to be picked up by my friend who ax I write this, is still missing. Hopefully she shows up in the next hour, otherwise I'm walking across town to my other rehearsal.

Oh, what makes it so enjoyable for you?

As a young boy, I would always play games of the imagination. Drama makes me feel like a boy again.

So, I never got the ride to my second rehearsal, which means I walked and on the way there, I slipped on the icy road, hurting my right leg. I limped the last half of the way there. I also didn't get any dinner until I got back, so I was really hungry.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear that Demo. Glad you got something to eat when you got back, though!

I'm now the proud owner of an iPhone 6. This is the first smartphone I've bought for myself! (Albeit from my dad, but I still payed for it with my own hard-earned money!) Technically my old iPhone 5 is his still, but I'm going to buy it off of him too and jailbreak it. (Not worth the risk on my brand new phone, but the 5 should handle it nicely - Hellooooo hassle-free emulators on the go!)

So it turns out, you can't use an iPhone 5 SIM card in an iPhone 6 (at least on AT&T), even though they're the same type of SIM card. I can make calls, but no texting or using cellular data. I got an automated message telling me to go to the AT&T store to get a new SIM in order to use all my phone's features. But I can't do that on my own because I'm ok my parents' AT&T account. Ugh.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Yesterday I got two new t-shirts and a hair cut (my long hair was kept getting tangled up), but the woman who worked on my hair did

a shoddy job of it. My short hair is unevened and I called my uncle's wife to get an appointment at the salon she goes to.

Somebody thought that I was a homeless person earlier this week. This wouldn't a problem for me if it didn't happen a bunch of times before.

So, I have a shot to live with a 70 year old lady who I have never met, don't know where she lives in town, and has her adult son living with her. I'm skeptical about taking the offer.

So, I have a shot to live with a 70 year old lady who I have never met, don't know where she lives in town, and has her adult son living with her. I'm skeptical about taking the offer.

The generation gap is too great. I know my grandmother gets upset if I play video games or use my smartphone a lot when she's around. She just doesn't get them and isn't a fan. It's like that with a lot of people. I took in a girl from my church years ago who was living with an older lady. This girl might as well been a nun in training but even her ultra conservative ways didn't gel with a much older roommate. That said, it's always got a shot of working, I just think a much longer shot than some.

Been on a Harry Potter kick the past few days. It's been fun going back and watching these films from the beginning since I pretty much grew up with them.

Been on a Harry Potter kick the past few days. It's been fun going back and watching these films from the beginning since I pretty much grew up with them.

I need to watch the final movies. That reminds me, I read the Harry Potter series all the way to the seventh book a couple of times. I'm a big fan of the franchise.

And speaking of kicks, I'm on a Zelda kick ever since I played Hyrule Warriors. I'm playing Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, and about to start a new file on

OoT 3D( I've been playing that game too many times). I also have beaten Minish Cap recently.

Edited by ArchDragon07

I read the first four books quite a few times, but only read the last three once each.

Just got back from an appointment. I'm being put out on the grapevine for a place to room and board. These people are professionals, so results should come soon.

• Upvote 1