Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Currently searching for places to stay in exchange for Canadian currency. All places so far require me to walk across town

What? Your wording confuses me, are you looking for a hotel, motel, whatever that has wifi access or something?

I got kicked out of the house, so I need to find a place to rent for the next six months
  • Upvote 1

I really hope Demo finds a place to stay. I know someone who went through a similar experience.

I've been reading a good fantasy novel and playing some of my games.

So recently I'd been getting into the Professor Layton games. I played the cheapest ones I could buy and then I hit a wall. Aside from the two recent 3DS games, the only way I could find the ones I needed (the first one, Curious Village, and the last DS game, Last Specter) are only available overpriced on Amazon. So I'm walking through Target and I went to see their paltry offering of 3DS games, and lo what do I see but The Last Specter sitting beside the only other Professor Layton game (one of the 3DS games). And it was $30. Not much cheaper then the $42 I' would have spent on Amazon but shipping and all that. So I get it out of the case, and I go to get it rung up and it's $14.... Now all I need is Curious Village at a Walmart for $20 and I'll be golden.

You don't do eBay?

Spent 7 hours today building a gigantic armoire for the bedroom. My wife and I don't have a linen closet and we're using a baby crib and shelving unit for that and diapers and general storage (not much room in our townhome). The damn thing is so big, I had a hard time getting it in all in the picture.

Before:

50ac8c69686db6f2beca094fffc9c12c.jpg

After:

5005ab53cf47494a3f6df7d30237ad11.jpg

Oh, I do eBay. But I like to buy games new if they're that recent, and the prices aren't much better.

Seems like everything that is available for rent is either on the other side of town or for women only. Things will get interesting from here.

Seems like everything that is available for rent is either on the other side of town or for women only. Things will get interesting from here.

There's only one thing to do...add an -ette to the end of your first name and hope it'll work, or start dressing in women's clothing and disguise your voice.

Seriously though, good luck finding a new place to stay man.

There's only one thing to do...add an -ette to the end of your first name and hope it'll work, or start dressing in women's clothing and disguise your voice.

Seriously though, good luck finding a new place to stay man.

...Done that a few times for drama class...

Thanks. Still looking, but nothing yet. People are very age discriminatory it would seem

Aye, we've all had to dress as a woman at some point. Heck I nearly played a grandmother in a comedy play just because I can do an old lady voice...

Anyway, I finally got around to re-adding most of my music to my new iPod. I still have a number of albums to add, but it's a steady process. Now I just need some more Pink Floyd...

Well, I won't be dressing up as a woman, but I will be dressing up as a 1940s man for a friend.

Tomorrow I'm going to my grandma's 80th surprise party. Hopefully we don't need to plan a funeral.

Helped my mom de-decorate the house of Christmas ornaments and what not. It always makes me a little sad to have to take down Christmas decorations, but such is life. Doesn't help Christmas is my favorite time of year, so seeing it all disappear is a bummer.

Winter's better. Everything looks lovely with snow on the ground, school's out for a few weeks, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and best of all NO BUGS.

Winter's better. Everything looks lovely with snow on the ground, school's out for a few weeks, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and best of all NO BUGS.

Amen to the no bugs part. Living in Iowa, you can expect one of two things in the summer depending on the weather: lots of bugs or even more bugs if it's muggy.

I love winter because that's when my family gets together the most. I love the good food and company, so it's kind of a bust when it's over.

Yeah. Too bad Monarch Butterflies are going to be put on the Endangered Species List soon......

Yangus, your avatar is UNNACCEPTABLE. You've ALWAYS had a Yangus avatar, now you don't.

At least he's not like Mattcraft, aka Mr. Changes His Avatar Every Week.

Yangus, your avatar is UNNACCEPTABLE. You've ALWAYS had a Yangus avatar, now you don't.

I wondered if anyone would mention that I didn't have a Yangus avatar. Don't worry, I'll switch it back at some point, but for now you'll have to deal with ZentheReservedAmnesiac.

Dude, has anyone seen Yangus lately? I haven't spotted a Yangus avatar in a while.

Dude, has anyone seen Yangus lately? I haven't spotted a Yangus avatar in a while.

Though you may not see him, he will always be with you...

There are many ways I can go with that. I think the tamest will be to think of lingering farts he leaves (from his) behind.

There are many ways I can go with that. I think the tamest will be to think of lingering farts he leaves (from his) behind.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Platty.

Made it back home today. The party was a blast. I made $10 for doing nothing. I also got to meet my nieces and my nephew.

School resumes tomorrow. We go straight into review for our finals.

Still searching for a place to live. Hopefully I find a place by the end of the month.

• Upvote 1

Japan eh? What kind of work are ye looking for there?

We're both applying to video game jobs. :) He has 4 years experience in scripting/programming, and I have about a year and a half in production.

Good luck with the move.  Don't forget to post pictures of you guys at Luida's Bar in Roppongi.

Also, good luck teaching the cats to meow with a Japanese accent.

I've already been to Luida's Bar 3 times over the last 4 years! :D I posted pictures here at least one of those trips. Here is the most recent one, in September:

7078_10152736534064674_33964046013593527

Nice shots.  This is making me want to plan another trip.  There was still so much that I missed the last time I was over there.

Edited by Liamland

Back to class tomorrow. I swear it only seemed like I started break yesterday.

Back to class tomorrow. I swear it only seemed like I started break yesterday.

Ditto. No kids for me until Tuesday. Breakfast with the staff and hopefully all day to plan.

Step 1. Plan for the next 2 weeks as I'll be gone almost all next week and my wife is my sub, so I gotta be ahead of the game.

Step 2. Make 2 huge projects that will take the kids about 6 weeks to complete. 2 projects with 9 choices that should each take about an hour. Ick.

Step 3. Finish thank you cards for the boatload of presents my kids gave me and get them addressed. The school nicely pays postage. Nothing says thanks like a handwritten, mailed letter.

Step 4. Email a parent back and politely decline to take their two hedgehogs off her hands. 14 years, no class pets! Actually, tomorrow begins my 15th year. Wow. I'm old.

Edited by Plattym3

Hah! Classes don't resume until the 20th for me.