On 4/27/2021 at 8:31 PM, Vyse of Arcadia said:

Greetings, fellow southerner. So there's at least two of us.

Potential DQIX local co-op meetup in Atlanta.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

I have two more tournaments coming up. Definitely expanding and making a name for myself

Posted Images

Potential DQIX local co-op meetup in Atlanta.
Yeah I'm down for that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a nearly a month since I last visited here. The past month has been crazy.

My uncle caught COVID and had a very slim chance of survival. Fortunately he pulled through! The downside is that he is going to be in physical therapy for awhile. It really did a nasty number on him.

After that, my neighbor decided he wanted to become a darwinism participant. He ended up blowing up his shed with a massive amount of blackpowder and explosives. He was making fireworks, and was smoking a cigarette in his hand. I never heard such loud explosions in my life, and I was having some nasty anxiety for a while. It ended up blowing up some windows on the one side of the house which took some time to remove. Still need to get them replaced, but the insurance company has done measurements. Hopefully it will be done this upcoming week. I had to talk to police, and a bomb squad doing searches until 2AM. Needless to say with the anxiety and loud noises I didn't sleep well.

On a good note though, I am off of one medication. So I am making some good improvements with my health.

It has been a crazy month. Just hope it starts dying down. Next week I will be fully vaccinated since I had my 2nd shot last week. So hopefully I can start socializing in person again. At least on a small scale with those who are vaccinated.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Twinkie said:

After that, my neighbor decided he wanted to become a darwinism participant. He ended up blowing up his shed with a massive amount of blackpowder and explosives. He was making fireworks, and was smoking a cigarette in his hand. I never heard such loud explosions in my life, and I was having some nasty anxiety for a while. It ended up blowing up some windows on the one side of the house which took some time to remove. Still need to get them replaced, but the insurance company has done measurements. Hopefully it will be done this upcoming week. I had to talk to police, and a bomb squad doing searches until 2AM. Needless to say with the anxiety and loud noises I didn't sleep well.

I love this.

It has been a nearly a month since I last visited here. The past month has been crazy.

My uncle caught COVID and had a very slim chance of survival. Fortunately he pulled through! The downside is that he is going to be in physical therapy for awhile. It really did a nasty number on him.

On a good note though, I am off of one medication. So I am making some good improvements with my health.

It has been a crazy month. Just hope it starts dying down. Next week I will be fully vaccinated since I had my 2nd shot last week. So hopefully I can start socializing in person again. At least on a small scale with those who are vaccinated.
You left out the part about where they found him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

You left out the part about where they found him.

You mean the part where he was missing an arm and a hand and crawled to the road? Yeah it was pretty crazy.

He will probably still try to make fireworks with his mouth after he gets out.

True dedication to his art.

14 hours ago, Twinkie said:

You mean the part where he was missing an arm and a hand and crawled to the road? Yeah it was pretty crazy.

He will probably still try to make fireworks with his mouth after he gets out.

So wait. He’s missing an arm and also a hand, making him completely handless and only having one arm? He didn’t lose an arm so naturally that means the hand is gone as well?

On 5/16/2021 at 1:32 AM, Twinkie said:

Holy smokes. Yeah that is certainly dangerous stuff. I remember there was a community member where I used to live who had a similar mishap and for whatever reason, the bomb squad had to burn down his house to make it safe. 

Not that he needed a place to stay. I believe the federal and/or state governments tend to provide room and board if they catch you making bombs. 

• Like 1

I used to work with explosives at the airshow I used to work at. The head pyromaster always said to put the blasting cap to power before you stick it in the dynamite, that way you would just lose a couple fingers or hand rather than the alternative.

• Like 1

Took the past few days off from work thanks to my paid time off hours getting so high. Work has gotten much better but man, after this past weekend I could not have put in for time off at a more opportune time. I had the past few days set for me to be off about a month ago, so it’s kind of weird how it ended up working out to give me some peace and quiet after a “fun” work weekend.

Anyway, got a few things taken care of. Cashed a check I got from my old job’s 4K plan (which I didn’t even know we had a 4K plan at that job) and used part of the money towards some new SaGa series soundtracks and re-arrangements over on iTunes. Watched through a show on Netflix I had been meaning to check out again, cooked up some tasty food each day from recipes I wanted to try again, and managed to roll credits in Bravely Default II/discovered the game has an extensive post game that continues the story.

So all in all, a good set of days off. I’m sure this weekend I’ll be busy even though I have it off from work, so I was glad to get in some me time.

• Like 2

Haven't been here in ages. Work's been busy. I took about a 30% paycut (as small business owner)  and had to work twice as hard to keep my clients.

I did get the DQ11 S edition for PC about three months ago. Great game and 2-3 times better than the original with story.

Beyond that, Catherine and I got Pfizered, ditched the beyond worthless masks for good, and are living our lives. We refuse to live in fear (the Libertarian in me).

• Like 1
On 5/17/2021 at 10:07 AM, eal said:

So wait. He’s missing an arm and also a hand, making him completely handless and only having one arm? He didn’t lose an arm so naturally that means the hand is gone as well?

He lost both his left arm and his right hand.

To top it all off too, I have been hearing they had to amputate one of his legs from an infection too.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:51 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Took the past few days off from work thanks to my paid time off hours getting so high. Work has gotten much better but man, after this past weekend I could not have put in for time off at a more opportune time. I had the past few days set for me to be off about a month ago, so it’s kind of weird how it ended up working out to give me some peace and quiet after a “fun” work weekend.

Anyway, got a few things taken care of. Cashed a check I got from my old job’s 4K plan (which I didn’t even know we had a 4K plan at that job) and used part of the money towards some new SaGa series soundtracks and re-arrangements over on iTunes. Watched through a show on Netflix I had been meaning to check out again, cooked up some tasty food each day from recipes I wanted to try again, and managed to roll credits in Bravely Default II/discovered the game has an extensive post game that continues the story.

So all in all, a good set of days off. I’m sure this weekend I’ll be busy even though I have it off from work, so I was glad to get in some me time.

That’s so awesome. I’m thinking I’ll need to burn a day or two off time off to get some me time before the summer is over. I really want to spend some time with my video games and my Pokémon cards. I’ve got games I wanna start and booster packs from well over two years ago that remain unopened (Celestial Storm).

Anyways, as someone who knows the value of time for rest, hobbies, and self care, I’m super duper happy for you!!

• 2 weeks later...

School was finally over this past week! Last day for me was Wednesday. Wahhooooooooo! Had my 2 days off. Back to work camp on Monday.

Haha, not too bad though. Half as many kids, get to plan whatever we do. It's only a half-day thing and then I get paid extra quite a bit. Hoping to bank $5K this summer and set it aside for a 48-state road trip next summer!

• Like 1

Today I’m taking care of the cat while my parents are out of town. When I woke up this morning at home, I had an old update for The Last of Us: Part II downloading in the background. Some of it was downloaded the other day, but today I had 2.5 GBs left, which took about 3 hours. I went to my parents’ house and brought along my XBone to download some games and updates to take advantage of their wifi. About 450 MBs in two minutes for some small updates to backwards comparable games and 4 GBs in less than 20 minutes for State of Decay 2.

• Like 2
Today I’m taking care of the cat while my parents are out of town. When I woke up this morning at home, I had an old update for The Last of Us: Part II downloading in the background. Some of it was downloaded the other day, but today I had 2.5 GBs left, which took about 3 hours. I went to my parents’ house and brought along my XBone to download some games and updates to take advantage of their wifi. About 450 MBs in two minutes for some small updates to backwards comparable games and 4 GBs in less than 20 minutes for State of Decay 2.
Good call. I've lived with slow internet before and .

Watching the Tampa Bay Lightning today, hoping for a big win. The game was dragging halfway through the 2nd period and then exploded. 8 goals scored in the 2nd, 6 of them after the halfway point. Crazy!

Hoping the rain holds off today. Been filling our fire pit lately with a ton of debris, I finally went out and dug out ashes, almost 3 gallons of them today . Hoping to cook some hot dogs for the kids and bacon cheddar sausages for the wife and I once this game ends. Oh, and of course S'mores too!
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

School was finally over this past week! Last day for me was Wednesday. Wahhooooooooo! Had my 2 days off. Back to work camp on Monday. emoji53.png

Haha, not too bad though. Half as many kids, get to plan whatever we do. It's only a half-day thing and then I get paid extra quite a bit. Hoping to bank $5K this summer and set it aside for a 48-state road trip next summer!

Holy smokes! How long do you plan on that trip taking?

I just bought a small travel trailer for my little family. Basically a bed, TV, and storage inside, with the back opening up to be a full kitchen with Fridge, grill, microwave, sink, and prep space, along with some additional storage. Its light enough to be towed by my RAV4 Hybrid which is awesome.

The maiden voyage will be 6/18. Just a one-nighter to work out any kinks. Longer trips to be taken in the following months.

I just bought a small travel trailer for my little family. Basically a bed, TV, and storage inside, with the back opening up to be a full kitchen with Fridge, grill, microwave, sink, and prep space, along with some additional storage. Its light enough to be towed by my RAV4 Hybrid which is awesome.

The maiden voyage will be 6/18. Just a one-nighter to work out any kinks. Longer trips to be taken in the following months.
We're hoping to be done with school before Memorial Day weekend like usual and take off either that weekend or early the next week. We're in Florida and would zoom up to Kentucky, then down to New Orleans and due West to California, up the coast and across the NW, Midwest, and to Maine, then down to NC where my parents have a house in the mountains by July. Basically, take a month. TBH, most states would be a drive-thru and a roadside pic. But hit up family and friends along the way, visit some national parks and Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, 4 Corners, some stuff like that. Kids will be still young enough to fit in the minivan comfortably, old enough to read and stay occupied. They'd be 8 & 6. My oldest won't stop asking about it as he reads non-fiction books about animals and the US and parks & monuments all the time.
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

We're hoping to be done with school before Memorial Day weekend like usual and take off either that weekend or early the next week. We're in Florida and would zoom up to Kentucky, then down to New Orleans and due West to California, up the coast and across the NW, Midwest, and to Maine, then down to NC where my parents have a house in the mountains by July. Basically, take a month. TBH, most states would be a drive-thru and a roadside pic. But hit up family and friends along the way, visit some national parks and Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, 4 Corners, some stuff like that. Kids will be still young enough to fit in the minivan comfortably, old enough to read and stay occupied. They'd be 8 & 6. My oldest won't stop asking about it as he reads non-fiction books about animals and the US and parks & monuments all the time.

Has your oldest ever been to Yellowstone or Yosemite National Parks? Seem like they’d be up his alley.

Has your oldest ever been to Yellowstone or Yosemite National Parks? Seem like they’d be up his alley.
Kid's never been to anywhere but Florida to North Carolina and back. The goal is to definitely change that up. My wife and I planned this trip the moment we returned from our honeymoon in November 2012. Two months later... oopsie. It's something we originally thought would be an empty nest or retirement trip, but the kids have done 8-10 hours plenty in the car and this would be a few of them interspaced with lots more 2-4 hour days.
  • Like 1

That is ONE thing I am absolutely going to do this Summer. Camping. Didn't do any of it last year since I really don't like to solo camp.

Two good friends of mine just moved, and live very close to me now. I feel like this is a good closure to the entire pandemic since it means I am going to be playing a LOT more fighting games. Really excited to start doing some casual matches with the boys once again. And more often too!

After the wild ride the past month has been. I have been feeling fantastic!

• Like 1

I would love to go camping. I haven't been camping in over a decade. But I've got nobody to camp with and I also do not see the point of camping alone.

20 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

I would love to go camping. I haven't been camping in over a decade. But I've got nobody to camp with and I also do not see the point of camping alone.

I guess it depends on your personality and desires when it comes to social interactions. I LOVE camping alone, though I don’t do it as often anymore. There is something about being solo out there, sipping coffee by a fire, reading a book or whatever. You’re on no schedule, just doing what you feel like doing, when you feel like doing it. 

Like I said though, That’s totally dependent on your personality type and what you want to get out of camping. 

• Like 1
I guess it depends on your personality and desires when it comes to social interactions. I LOVE camping alone, though I don’t do it as often anymore. There is something about being solo out there, sipping coffee by a fire, reading a book or whatever. You’re on no schedule, just doing what you feel like doing, when you feel like doing it. 
Like I said though, That’s totally dependent on your personality type and what you want to get out of camping. 
100% agree. Before I got married in 2013, I'd had 4-5 good week-long trips up to my parents place in North Carolina and while I didn't camp, I'd go for 5-8 hour hikes alone a ton! A backpack, food, maps, camera, and sometimes my DS. Alone in nature is amazing. My favorite place was this huge valley wirh maybe 20ish miles of trails, and about 20 cars worth of people total ever there at once. I could hike to half a dozen waterfalls a day and barely run into anyone. Eating lunch out in the sun on bare rock on a cool March day with a river trickling past. So silent, so nice. Eating wild blueberries off of bushes in late June at the top of tallest rise overlooking the valley. Special.
  • Like 1