Reminds me of Eye of the Beholder, I played thru all of those :)

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Oh @Plattym3, I made something for you. Warning DQXI Post-game spoilers  

It has been a nearly a month since I last visited here. The past month has been crazy. My uncle caught COVID and had a very slim chance of survival. Fortunately he pulled through! The downside is t

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Woodus said:

Reminds me of Eye of the Beholder, I played thru all of those :)

They are built on the same general model, which I think was largely spawned by Dungeon Master... which was also an Amiga game, but ported to DOS and is generally a 1:1 conversion. Most games for the Amiga platform went to DOS, but some ports were not as good, visually and audibly.

Heroquest is a good example, 1st image is Amiga, 2nd is DOS.

heroquest_09.png

unnamed.png

• Like 1

found this! I remember this game. Just a nice cover art so I got it anyway :wd_coolslime:

area88 cover.jpg

Drove from Baltimore to New Haven, back to Baltimore... 11 hours. and tomorrow, 5 to Ohio yeaaaaaahhhh but at least I have some days off of work next week.

• Like 1
Drove from Baltimore to New Haven, back to Baltimore... 11 hours. and tomorrow, 5 to Ohio yeaaaaaahhhh but at least I have some days off of work next week.
Ugh. I did 10.5 hours today. And almost watched a bunch of stupid people die before my eyes. Had to stay and explain it all to the State Troopers, but the TL;DR is don't stop your car in travel lanes.

Especially at night.

Especially on the Interstate.

My family and I weren't involved in anything but the 911 call, and only 1 person in a 3 car collision was taken away with minor injuries. 4b9c9bdd5f04d3d87c3c161cc03e08cf.jpg9ce567040fb77bb0c4bdd8ac7167c23c.jpg
15 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Ugh. I did 10.5 hours today. And almost watched a bunch of stupid people die before my eyes. Had to stay and explain it all to the State Troopers, but the TL;DR is don't stop your car in travel lanes.

Especially at night.

Especially on the Interstate.

My family and I weren't involved in anything but the 911 call, and only 1 person in a 3 car collision was taken away with minor injuries. 4b9c9bdd5f04d3d87c3c161cc03e08cf.jpg9ce567040fb77bb0c4bdd8ac7167c23c.jpg

yeah folks do a lot of dumb stuff like this..... still think one half of New Jersey is a racetrack with all the speeding/swerving I see every time

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon 19 said:

Wait......you work in the Emergency services?

No. Platty is...well, I’ll let this picture explain it for him:

spacer.png

• Like 2
i7gJlx6.jpg
That picture is going to be useful for a bit.

Yes, I was just a witness.
4 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

spacer.png

this just reminds me of how nuts SaGa 2 was. This guy's your teacher and mentor, and your dad abandons your character as a child by jumping out their bedroom window as Indiana Jones

10 minutes ago, Fates said:

this just reminds me of how nuts SaGa 2 was. This guy's your teacher and mentor, and your dad abandons your character as a child by jumping out their bedroom window as Indiana Jones

Yeah. It’s pretty great, huh?

On 3/21/2021 at 10:37 PM, Fates said:

Just LIKE Indie Jonsey. 

Spent Tuesday-Friday in Niagara NY. Falls were nice. But there was a park slightly north that I thought took the cake. Just a really great location.

I said this a few times (below), and the gf thought I was insane.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

With my family and friends nearly all fully vaccinated, the amount of upcoming events is getting out of control.

Don’t get me wrong, I love em, but sheesh we gotta ease back into this social stuff 😂.

I guess one of the under-appreciated silver linings about the lockdown was not worrying too much about events as part of my schedule and just going back and forth between chillin with my small family unit and working.

• Like 1

Last month I spent some time in the French Quarter in New Orleans. Those people didn't ease back into social stuff and apparently haven't for a long time. I survived, so you should be good!

There are people I know that are fully vaccinated, yet they still think going outside and having a basic interaction will give them covid and die. So they'll make these woe-is-me posts, "Oh, remember when we used to do things?" Bruh, the only thing preventing you from doing anything is you!

On 4/21/2021 at 6:18 AM, Dwaine said:

Last month I spent some time in the French Quarter in New Orleans. Those people didn't ease back into social stuff and apparently haven't for a long time. I survived, so you should be good!

There are people I know that are fully vaccinated, yet they still think going outside and having a basic interaction will give them covid and die. So they'll make these woe-is-me posts, "Oh, remember when we used to do things?" Bruh, the only thing preventing you from doing anything is you!

Hahaha! I’m not so much worried about catching COVID (I’ve got high levels of faith in my Pfizer shots). I just need to get used to being social again!

With my family and friends nearly all fully vaccinated, the amount of upcoming events is getting out of control.
Don’t get me wrong, I love em, but sheesh we gotta ease back into this social stuff .
I guess one of the under-appreciated silver linings about the lockdown was not worrying too much about events as part of my schedule and just going back and forth between chillin with my small family unit and working.
Yeah. Weekends are filling up fast.

And I was planning a small getaway this summer, just my wife and me, but luckily caught word of this small family reunion before I booked a hotel. Family wants to meet up, but I still can't get them to actually communicate with each other. They're all on Facebook, all in a family group, but steadfastly refuse to use it. My dad said something was going on, but didn't know who and when. Took a bunch of messages to find out they're coming to visit US after July 4th. I was all set to be gone. Wouldn't that have been ironic?
  • Like 1
On 4/24/2021 at 7:14 AM, Plattym3 said:

Yeah. Weekends are filling up fast.

And I was planning a small getaway this summer, just my wife and me, but luckily caught word of this small family reunion before I booked a hotel. Family wants to meet up, but I still can't get them to actually communicate with each other. emoji849.png They're all on Facebook, all in a family group, but steadfastly refuse to use it. My dad said something was going on, but didn't know who and when. Took a bunch of messages to find out they're coming to visit US after July 4th. I was all set to be gone. Wouldn't that have been ironic?

Yep. I’ve got a family group chat and there is tons of: “We are thinking of A, B, or C date for so and so’s event” then no follow up to nail down an actual date 😂 

• Like 1

Getting ready to go camping for my birthday in a few weeks. Things are getting crazy at work; I'm really going to need a couple of days unplugged. Gonna bring a good book, some good beer, eat some campfire food. Really looking forward to it.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Vyse of Arcadia said:

Getting ready to go camping for my birthday in a few weeks. Things are getting crazy at work; I'm really going to need a couple of days unplugged. Gonna bring a good book, some good beer, eat some campfire food. Really looking forward to it.

That sounds amazing. I’ve been talking to the old lady about getting an RV for a while. Kinda weird to think my tent-camping days may be close to over 😬 

Either way, a book and the wilderness does sound good. Though I’d be sipping whiskey instead of beer 😉 

7 hours ago, Vyse of Arcadia said:

That sounds amazing. I’ve been talking to the old lady about getting an RV for a while. Kinda weird to think my tent-camping days may be close to over 😬 

Either way, a book and the wilderness does sound good. Though I’d be sipping whiskey instead of beer 😉 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Porque no los dos?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Vyse of Arcadia said:

Porque no los dos?

Oh I just noticed you live in Atlanta. I do as well. Glad to see another DQ fan in the area :)

5 hours ago, Bururian said:

Oh I just noticed you live in Atlanta. I do as well. Glad to see another DQ fan in the area :)

Greetings, fellow southerner. So there's at least two of us.

17 hours ago, Vyse of Arcadia said:

Porque no los dos?

There’s an old saying about beer before liquor (never sicker).

Though Ive heard liquor before beer does keep one in the clear.