Any possible long term side effects is why I'm waiting. I trust certain medical professionals and I will listen to personal experiences. I don't trust drug companies.

9 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

But what do I know? For better or worse, all my fear of the virus disappeared after I recovered from it.

Everyone I know that's had it recovered in a reasonable timetable. One guy I know that got it and I thought would be really bad off since he's a heavy smoker felt terrible for a day and was fine.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Posted Images

Any possible long term side effects is why I'm waiting. I trust certain medical professionals and I will listen to personal experiences. I don't trust drug companies.
Everyone I know that's had it recovered in a reasonable timetable. One guy I know that got it and I thought would be really bad off since he's a heavy smoker felt terrible for a day and was fine.
We certainly didn't recover in a "reasonable" timeframe. 2 weeks with most of the symptoms and then the fatigue lingers for like 4 weeks.

I still can't go up stairs the same way I used to.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I live. The food poisoning didn't finish me off

I got approved for disability so I got a huge increase in income

I got $1000 in Best Buy gift cards so I used that plus my back pay to get a gaming PC and dual monitors. Spent the last couple days setting it up, downloading software, etc. My first big stream will be on the 26th. Will do a test stream before hand.

I've been redoing my image a bit. Still sticking with the pink wooloo but I'm changing things a bit. 2021 I hope to make a bigger push with my stuff. Goal is to make partnership before 2022

• Like 2

*insert Life is Beautiful theme from Deadly Premonition*

For the past couple months, things have started looking up! I had a rough two years (my soulmate died on me, for one lol), but now moving to a status I wanna be. Learning JavaScript, my team's Dragon Questy game is steadily growing, I've made some amazing friends and grown super close to existing ones, able to apply myself better now that I became stronger, and things in general are looking up.

lol had to learn that being nice doesn't mean letting any ol monster do what they want. oof I just punt bad actors to the stars now. XD They make awesomesauce villains for my games, though. *nods*

That and one of the richest DQ fans are my friend and they throw thousands of $ at me for contests. XD;; Gave away 2 PS5's in last month's DoItForHargon thing and it was naisu.

My own DQ collection has grown like heck too. Except I may be a little too obsessed with XI as I own 9-ish copies of it. > ///> forgetwhatIsaid

Happy Holidays and Merry Questmas Eve (and day soon) everyone! 

• Like 1

I live. The food poisoning didn't finish me off
I got approved for disability so I got a huge increase in income
I got $1000 in Best Buy gift cards so I used that plus my back pay to get a gaming PC and dual monitors. Spent the last couple days setting it up, downloading software, etc. My first big stream will be on the 26th. Will do a test stream before hand.
I've been redoing my image a bit. Still sticking with the pink wooloo but I'm changing things a bit. 2021 I hope to make a bigger push with my stuff. Goal is to make partnership before 2022

Cool! So what do you steam? Just Pokémon? Have you posted your Twitch recently? What's "partnership"?

*insert Life is Beautiful theme from Deadly Premonition*
For the past couple months, things have started looking up! I had a rough two years (my soulmate died on me, for one lol), but now moving to a status I wanna be. Learning JavaScript, my team's Dragon Questy game is steadily growing, I've made some amazing friends and grown super close to existing ones, able to apply myself better now that I became stronger, and things in general are looking up.
 lol had to learn that being nice doesn't mean letting any ol monster do what they want. oof I just punt bad actors to the stars now. XD They make awesomesauce villains for my games, though. *nods*
That and one of the richest DQ fans are my friend and they throw thousands of $ at me for contests. XD;; Gave away 2 PS5's in last month's DoItForHargon thing and it was naisu.
My own DQ collection has grown like heck too. Except I may be a little too obsessed with XI as I own 9-ish copies of it. > ///> forgetwhatIsaid
Happy Holidays and Merry Questmas Eve (and day soon) everyone! 

Sounds like things are looking up for another Denizen! Very interesting stuff overall, but it begs lots of questions!

So where does this rich DQ fan hang out? Twitter? Giving away PS5 why?
Why so many XI copies? Just duplicates or for different systems?
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 9:06 PM, Plattym3 said:

Cool! So what do you steam? Just Pokémon? Have you posted your Twitch recently? What's "partnership"?

Pokemon during the tournament seasons. In between I do other games. Been powering through Shantae lately. Beat both Pirate's Curse and 1/2 Genie Hero this week. Over the next couple of days or so I'll do the DLC then move on to 7 Sirens. I have Shantae and Risky's Revenge for the switch coming in a large order at some point. Still in production via Limited Run games. I'm also taking the VODs and uploading them to my YouTube. Other games in queue are finishing Mario 64 (all stars) then moving to Sunshine and Galaxy. I have a converter for HDMi so I can connect my GameCube to stream all those classics. I would say mostly Nintendo games will be streamed but I can use my PS4 to do some Dragon Quest as well. If I really wanted to I could also do N64 games but that controller irritates me a bit so I would need an alternative,

My YouTube, Twitch, and Twitter are all in my signature so it should be easy to find them. Eventually I'll make up a fan Discord once I grow larger.

Twitch is basically split into 3 things. A normal streamer is someone they don't really care about. You can't really do much beyond the basics. Once you hit affiliate you get access to things like subs, custom emotes, super tiny revenue. Partnership is basically affiliate but bigger and better. More revenue, more perks, etc. Larger channels like partners will show up more often in recommendations and searches because that's how they make their money.

On another note, I had mentioned entering the last large Pokemon tournament for 2020. I made top 16 out of 147 entrants. My team has been posted around various social media circles. I gained quite a few new followers from that

• Like 2
On 1/8/2021 at 11:47 AM, cprmauldin said:

Apparently I’m a Dragon Quest Trading Card collector now. 

I kinda love it.

That sounds pretty cool. I only have one pack which I won on the Den years back.

As for content related stuff, I made 6 new thumbnails and a twitch banner. One video is being processed for upload right now on my YouTube.

• Like 1
On 1/13/2021 at 12:45 PM, Democrobot said:

That sounds pretty cool. I only have one pack which I won on the Den years back.

Yeah it’s pretty exciting, especially since it’s such a niche little thing here in the states.

Do you still have your cards lying around? I’d love to see em.

• Like 1

I'm bawling with excitement tonight. My Tampa Bay Buccaneers are moving on to the NFC Championship game against Green Bay. Beat our long-time divisional rival the Saints tonight and take on historical rivals Green Bay next week. It's been 18 long years, about 16 of which I've paid for season tickets. So so so excited tonight!

As for content related stuff, I made 6 new thumbnails and a twitch banner. One video is being processed for upload right now on my YouTube.
I won one too ages back. It had a Platnium King Slime. 100% fitting.
On 1/17/2021 at 8:31 PM, Plattym3 said:

I'm emoji24.png bawling with excitement tonight. My Tampa Bay Buccaneers are moving on to the NFC Championship game against Green Bay. Beat our long-time divisional rival the Saints tonight and take on historical rivals Green Bay next week. It's been 18 long years, about 16 of which I've paid for season tickets. So so so excited tonight!

I won one too ages back. It had a Platnium King Slime. 100% fitting.

I wanna see your cards too!

Been stuck at home for the past week since I’ve been sick. I usually get a bad cold/sore throat in December or January so it was only a matter of time, but with all the Covid stuff I had to go into lockdown and stay away from work to be safe until I could get tested. Felt better by the start of this week and my test results I got today came back negative for COVID-19. I should probably be glad I can go back to work tomorrow but honestly I don’t really care, especially since I have to do 7 days of work in row starting tomorrow. And I had to use a lot of my vacation time for the days I missed because my work doesn’t have sick leave, so now I have to save up my vacation time again. Fantastic. 🙄

• Like 1

Looks like my OG 3DS kicked the bucket out of nowhere? Can’t figure out why, my GBA SP is still chugging along despite being a decade older and using it far more. Of course, this means every game I bought from the eShop is lost to the winds, including over 100 hours of Fire Emblem: Awakening, Super Mario 3D Land, Pokémon Yellow (which I completed about a month ago), and a host of other Virtual Console games I had on it. RIP.

On 1/17/2021 at 7:35 PM, cprmauldin said:

Yeah it’s pretty exciting, especially since it’s such a niche little thing here in the states.

Do you still have your cards lying around? I’d love to see em.

I think they're with my mom so they may be lost forever because she's a crazy psycho who would more than happily burn my possessions

1 hour ago, Democrobot said:

I think they're with my mom so they may be lost forever because she's a crazy psycho who would more than happily burn my possessions

Hey! My mom was the same Way!

Look at us finding things in common 😁

kinda sad, she was an intelligent woman but always used her smarts to manipulate and do bad things.

Sorta regret not buying into GameStop when I was hearing about some meme manipulation of their value happening and I saw their stocks at $34, but the stock market world is the kind of stuff that just stresses me out and makes me too anxious and I didn’t really have much money to throw at a then-risky bet. I also don’t really understand what is actually happening and how they’re doing it, and anywhere I try to read an explanation it just goes totally over my head.

• Like 1
Sorta regret not buying into GameStop when I was hearing about some meme manipulation of their value happening and I saw their stocks at $34, but the stock market world is the kind of stuff that just stresses me out and makes me too anxious and I didn’t really have much money to throw at a then-risky bet. I also don’t really understand what is actually happening and how they’re doing it, and anywhere I try to read an explanation it just goes totally over my head.
The best explanation is basically some big firms "borrowed" some GameStop stock at $5. They were betting on it dropping, so they could scoop up $2 stock and give that back to who they borrowed from & thus trade the $2 for the $5 stock they owed, pocketing $3/share. Instead everyday people have been buying it like crazy which supply & demand raises the prices and those people who "borrowed" the $5 stock are panicking that they're going to have to pay back $5 stock with $300 stock so that makes them NEED to buy asap.
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

kinda sad, she was an intelligent woman but always used her smarts to manipulate and do bad things.

Are you my brother? 🤣

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
14 hours ago, eal said:

The best explanation is basically some big firms "borrowed" some GameStop stock at $5. They were betting on it dropping, so they could scoop up $2 stock and give that back to who they borrowed from & thus trade the $2 for the $5 stock they owed, pocketing $3/share. Instead everyday people have been buying it like crazy which supply & demand raises the prices and those people who "borrowed" the $5 stock are panicking that they're going to have to pay back $5 stock with $300 stock so that makes them NEED to buy asap.

What confuses me is the “borrowing” part. Why would one want to borrow stock normally?

What confuses me is the “borrowing” part. Why would one want to borrow stock normally?
You borrow 50 shares when the price per share is, say, $5 with the obligation to return an equivalent amount of shares back later. You sell all your shares making the market price fall to $2 per share. Then you buy 50 shares at the $2 price to return to the lender, pocketing the difference. It's called shortselling and is totally legal. Happens every day.

What happened here is that somebody did this on a much larger scale with Gamestop, but before the borrower could purchase their borrowed shares, Redditors bought a ton of stock in Gamestock making the price per share go UP instead of down. The borrowers now no longer have a way to pay back the lendors.

• Like 2
You borrow 50 shares when the price per share is, say, $5 with the obligation to return an equivalent amount of shares back later. You sell all your shares making the market price fall to $2 per share. Then you buy 50 shares at the $2 price to return to the lender, pocketing the difference. It's called shortselling and is totally legal. Happens every day.

What happened here is that somebody did this on a much larger scale with Gamestop, but before the borrower could purchase their borrowed shares, Redditors bought a ton of stock in Gamestock making the price per share go UP instead of down. The borrowers now no longer have a way to pay back the lendors.

They have a way: buy the stock at its inflated price. Which is bad for them, but they have to do it. Which also drives up the demand and price.
They have a way: buy the stock at its inflated price. Which is bad for them, but they have to do it. Which also drives up the demand and price.
Well the Robinhood app has banned buying of GME currently so the hedge funders can stabilize and collect themselves. I imagine other apps and services will follow.

• Like 1