On 8/25/2020 at 12:27 PM, Fates said:

In that same time though, humans are emotional and people will get upset no matter how zen they are. So I guess in short it's not a black and white issue.

This. Very much this. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

I was checking my Messenger app this morning and found out I won a Cuphead vinyl soundtrack giveaway! The 2nd anniversary of the game was a short while ago, and during the week of the anniversary Stud

Posted Images

I've been getting professional coaching from Paul Ruiz (Pokemon VGC world champ). There's an upcoming online tournament I'm hoping to qualify for so I'm training to do better than last time. No tilting for me

Feels like it's been a slow couple of days around here.  Ah well. I'll keep sniffing around :D

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

Feels like it's been a slow couple of days around here.  Ah well. I'll keep sniffing around :D

It used to be worse. During a slump in game releases in the West, just before the 3DS games were announced, you’d get what felt like maybe a dozen posts a week.

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
10 hours ago, The Dog of Zahan said:
Feels like it's been a slow couple of days around here.  Ah well. I'll keep sniffing around emoji3.png

You might dig something up soon!

I brought help

animatedassistants-rocky2.png

6 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

You might dig something up soon!

There’s plenty of content if you listen to Slime Time and Side Quest...😘

• Like 2

Next week I get my new router. I should be able to stream more without my net dropping. I'm excited

16 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

There’s plenty of content if you listen to Slime Time and Side Quest...😘

When do new episodes go live?  I want to catch one live sometime, if possible.  Otherwise, where's the best place to see / hear it?

15 minutes ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

When do new episodes go live?  I want to catch one live sometime, if possible.  Otherwise, where's the best place to see / hear it?

@Plattym3posts about each new episode once they go live here. There are main episodes that Platty and Liamland host and the Sidequest episodes are hosted by Platty and myself.

https://www.woodus.com/forums/forum/139-slime-time-dragon-quest-podcast/

They typically get uploaded/added to Apple’s Podcast app and others once the initial version pops up. @Woodusmakes YouTube versions for listening as well for the Dragon’s Den YouTube page.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
We don't broadcast live. Don't use Twitch or anything.

We record every other week or so and typically I can edit and get them up and posted the next day.

https://anchor.fm/dqslimetime

That's the home of Dragon Quest Slime Time, on Anchor.fm

Anchor is only the host though, but it can be found via virtually every podcast app around. iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts,... whatever you use, it's likely there.

Could you imagine if we did it live and had an actual live number count showing us how many people don't even listen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can’t think of many podcasts that are recorded live on Twitch without a built in audience beforehand. Super Best Friendcast didn’t switch to a live broadcast until well over 100 episodes and even then it was a supplemental thing to their LP channel that had been running for years prior.

Could you imagine if we did it live and had an actual live number count showing us how many people don't even listen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The 2 regular weekly RPGamer ones go live and record. There's maybe 1 or 2 people each. Heck, I went on their Q&A one while I was recording Slime Time 2 weeks ago and posted 3 questions that they then answered haha. No one else was there.

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around.

Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

• Like 3
I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around.
Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.
Good luck x2!

Last night my girlfriend and I ate at Mod Pizza. We sat at the window and outside there was a couple in their fifties. Heavy set. Wife was wearing a lot of makeup with super bleached hair. Husband was fat, smoking cigars, and wearing a Tommy Bahama shirt. You know the type.

The husband leaned back in his chair. It snapped in two and he fell on his ass. We happened to be looking over when this happened and the wife saw us. My girlfriend froze in fear. I tried my best not to laugh. He was rather upset. His ego was bruised pretty bad, but no injuries outside of that. The dude came in to complain, which I'm sure was tough for the staff. What are they supposed to say? "Sorry you were too fat for the chair." He went back outside, got another chair, and gave us a lovely sight to dine to by displaying copious amounts of butt crack. I asked my girlfriend if she had any change or a pencil to drop down and she said no. Pretty sure she was lying to me, though.

When they finished eating they came back in and asked to speak to the manager. She was working and cleaning, so they had to wait a while. They didn't want to wait. Like, what did they expect to happen? She can't unbreak the chair. I wanted to see how it ended. My girlfriend did not. Think I might go back and see how it turned out.

On 9/17/2020 at 8:11 AM, Dwaine said:

Husband was fat, smoking cigars, and wearing a Tommy Bahama shirt. You know the type.

NEWMAN
Jerry Seinfeld Newman Face | Meme Generator

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

NEWMAN
Jerry Seinfeld Newman Face | Meme Generator

Newman? Let's not forget the time he ruined Jurassic Park!

2422_FPT_00095R_tall.jpg?itok=TlaHi-Ez

15 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Of course. 3c8f9fba9200dda3af6aa78927a2b441.jpg

For the record, I never beat Jurassic Park on the Super Nintendo. I tried a lot, but always got stuck at "You need Dennis Nedry's key card"

I hate him almost as much as Jerry does

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Of course. 3c8f9fba9200dda3af6aa78927a2b441.jpg

Newman is just like Prince Charmles: he’s a misunderstood character everyone hates.

My kids are likely not sports stars. Don't claim they ever will be and after babysitting kids who were all-star worthy softball players a long time ago and seeing how their summer went, I hope they never are haha. But, as a teacher I'm stressed to my kids 3 things all teachers wish of their kids:
1. Shut up
2. Listen
3. Be nice

Those are the best kids.

It paid off big time in their first day of competitive soccer today. They'd played baseball/T-ball for years with my wife and I coaching them, but today we switched to soccer and were just regular parents in the stands.

Plattym5 is 4 and on a team with kids mainly younger than himself. He's been excited all week to listen to new coaches and do what he was told. His team won 5-0 and he scored 3 times and nailed the bar another time. Most other kids were busy crying or chasing dragonflies. Focus prevailed!

Plattym4 has been the strong-armed baseball player who I dread pitching to (he smacks line drives at my head too often). I've wanted him in soccer for years, but my wife loves baseball, so that's what we played. Today he started soccer, and after a quarter of playing stalwart defense the coach put him center forward and left him there the rest of the game. Because his ADHD goalie was too busy scoring own-goals and running out of the box after his team got creamed, but I was actually surprised how much he listened and did exactly what the coach said. He was breaking free up and down the field while 9 other kids just clumped together. Didn't score because he can't turn those corners or slow down yet, but damn. He got game MVP despite being quite upset after. I reminded him he listened to coaching yelling "spread out, don't clump together" and therefore found open space all over. Afterwards he told me soccer was WAY more fun than baseball. Mom was too busy with a garage sale to hear that today haha, we'll see what the future brings.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

My kids are likely not sports stars. Don't claim they ever will be and after babysitting kids who were all-star worthy softball players a long time ago and seeing how their summer went, I hope they never are haha. But, as a teacher I'm stressed to my kids 3 things all teachers wish of their kids:
1. Shut up
2. Listen
3. Be nice

Those are the best kids.

It paid off big time in their first day of competitive soccer today. They'd played baseball/T-ball for years with my wife and I coaching them, but today we switched to soccer and were just regular parents in the stands.

Plattym5 is 4 and on a team with kids mainly younger than himself. He's been excited all week to listen to new coaches and do what he was told. His team won 5-0 and he scored 3 times and nailed the bar another time. Most other kids were busy crying or chasing dragonflies. Focus prevailed! emoji23.png

Plattym4 has been the strong-armed baseball player who I dread pitching to (he smacks line drives at my head too often). I've wanted him in soccer for years, but my wife loves baseball, so that's what we played. Today he started soccer, and after a quarter of playing stalwart defense the coach put him center forward and left him there the rest of the game. Because his ADHD goalie was too busy scoring own-goals and running out of the box after emoji2369.png his team got creamed, but I was actually surprised how much he listened and did exactly what the coach said. He was breaking free up and down the field while 9 other kids just clumped together. Didn't score because he can't turn those corners or slow down yet, but damn. He got game MVP despite being quite upset after. I reminded him he listened to coaching yelling "spread out, don't clump together" and therefore found open space all over. Afterwards he told me soccer was WAY more fun than baseball. Mom was too busy with a garage sale to hear that today haha, we'll see what the future brings. emoji848.png

You’d be surprised, kids just need to find the right sport. I did soccer for 6 years because my dad was a coach, and I only scored a single goal that entire time. I was a decent hitter and runner when I played baseball, but I couldn’t catch or throw to save my life. I had the stamina for basketball that I couldn’t muster for soccer, but the team I was on lost every game and I struggled to make shots even though I could get the ball across the court no problem. 

However, I had a talent for karate. The only thing that held me back was I didn’t have the ability to go two times a week so I learned twice as slowly as everyone else and didn’t have the time for new concepts to stick as well as they could if I went more than once a week. I had the talent and skills just not the time, especially now. I went for 10 years but had to stop once I started working full-time and moved too far away from the karate studio.

• Like 1