• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Got good news this morning! Thank goodness! That’s a huge sigh of relief.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Dwaine said:

Feels good man.

I was watching Henry Danger when I was reading this

23 hours ago, eal said:

Someone in my building put their Christmas tree up.

I plan on putting my Christmas lights up on the house this Saturday since it is supposed to be 70 degrees, I cannot pass up that nice of weather to get them put up, since considering we have had 12 inches of snow already this fall, who know when it will decide to stay crappy.

1 hour ago, Woodus said:

I plan on putting my Christmas lights up on the house this Saturday since it is supposed to be 70 degrees, I cannot pass up that nice of weather to get them put up, since considering we have had 12 inches of snow already this fall, who know when it will decide to stay crappy.

That’s a good plan honestly. Even if you don’t turn them on yet it would better to have them up before our weather jumps back down to 30 degrees or lower.

Ditto. Even the 70 degrees bit.

Although while you're avoiding snow, I'm avoiding going in the attic during temps in the 90s.

Yeah I never turn them on until after thanksgiving, but I take advantage of the warm days when I can to get them up.

• Like 1

Setting up Xmas lights is something I should start doing. Over the years less and less people here have been putting up decorations. Honestly kind of depressing. Especially since the one who had the best light show each year unfortunately passed away in May. The ones that typically do decorate for Halloween also go down to Florida for the winter.

Maybe I will make a project out of it to occupy myself outside of video games and the internet.

• Like 1

I got a new grill as an early birthday gift. It's got a huge flat top griddle, two stove burners, a deep fryer, a built-in cutting board, a trash can, and a paper towel dispenser. 

Upon becoming so excited over the grill, I've realized that I'm becoming more of a typical, "Dad," every day. 

• Like 2
I got a new grill as an early birthday gift. It's got a huge flat top griddle, two stove burners, a deep fryer, a built-in cutting board, a trash can, and a paper towel dispenser. 
Upon becoming so excited over the grill, I've realized that I'm becoming more of a typical, "Dad," every day. 

Who else reads books about submarines?
My dad.
  • Like 1

I'll be 33 soon.

My Dad and I have a tradition where one of us grills, and the other one stands nearby saying "That one looks ready to flip. Yeah, those are looking good."

Its a tradition going all the way back to whenever that Family Guy episode was on

My Grandpa hasn't been doing well. Some of us are going down to Texas to see him soon.

I lost both Grandmas in the last two years, and this could mean I'll have no Grandparents left (My other Grandpa has been gone for 16 years). Its so horrible losing all of them back to back to back like this. I seriously hope he pulls through... but at least I'm going to see him in a couple days.

I've been getting angry because of all the election stuff. Suing to stop vote counting in some states, while protestors demand that votes be counted in other states is ridiculous. Our state senator said he's "his own man", and not owned by the Republican party, but as soon as the Democrat took the lead he started saying that there were a lot of disenfranchised voters that wanted to vote for him, and anyone who doesn't want it investigated probably has something to hide.

Between Covid, the election, and my Grandpa, I'm just on a roller coaster of fear/optimism/annoyance/calm/hope.

Anyway, I'd appreciate prayers about my Grandpa.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Who else reads books about submarines?
My dad.

19 hours ago, Wes said:

I'll be 33 soon.

My Dad and I have a tradition where one of us grills, and the other one stands nearby saying "That one looks ready to flip. Yeah, those are looking good."

Its a tradition going all the way back to whenever that Family Guy episode was on

Hahahahahaha. Ah. Dad life.

• Like 1
I'll be 33 soon.

Our tradition is my mom makes me stand next to my dad and prevent him from making everyone hockey pucks. I think he's finally gotten better recently as he now times everything since everyone loves meat medium rare but him. It's safe to let him cook alone nowadays... within reason.
My Grandpa hasn't been doing well. Some of us are going down to Texas to see him soon.
I lost both Grandmas in the last two years, and this could mean I'll have no Grandparents left (My other Grandpa has been gone for 16 years). Its so horrible losing all of them back to back to back like this. I seriously hope he pulls through... but at least I'm going to see him in a couple days.
I've been getting angry because of all the election stuff. Suing to stop vote counting in some states, while protestors demand that votes be counted in other states is ridiculous. Our state senator said he's "his own man", and not owned by the Republican party, but as soon as the Democrat took the lead he started saying that there were a lot of disenfranchised voters that wanted to vote for him, and anyone who doesn't want it investigated probably has something to hide.
Between Covid, the election, and my Grandpa, I'm just on a roller coaster of fear/optimism/annoyance/calm/hope.
Anyway, I'd appreciate prayers about my Grandpa.
Sorry to hear about your grandparents. I have a grandmother still alive at 94. Two years ago they feared she had the beginnings of lung cancer. Never smoked, but old + some immune system disorder = she could have anything. 2 years & Covid later, she's still going strong! I grew up living next door to great-grandparents & two doors down from grandparents with 2 more a 10 minute drive away, so it's nice here at age 42 to still have one of six still alive. Hope your grandpa pulls through.

As for the election . Can't have the world both ways. The best was when there were clips of similar people chanting "count the votes" and "don't count the votes!" in different states. I personally hate politics and this election has caused me to log out of my Facebook account & make a new one 100% for the purposes of following my football & gaming groups. I'm over personal social media now.

I get in my car and my preset station is blasting Christmas music.

I’m not gonna stop complaining about all this early Christmas stuff btw.

• Like 1

So last night while heading home from work I hit a raccoon with my car. Little bastard ran out onto the road and instead of running back the way he came he ran straight south, which is the direction I was going. Knew better than to swerve or slam the brakes so he got hit. I thought he didn’t do that much damage to my car, but it was worse than I thought. He knocked out one of my headlights (which thankfully fell out AFTER I stopped for gas) and today when driving to work I found something else that fell off my car. It’s hard to explain what it is, but essentially it’s the back half of the bumper that would cover up where cables are for the headlights. I don’t know if the car dealership will be able to reattach this piece when I drop my car off, but we’ll see.

Thankfully it didn’t cause an accident, but I did have an adrenaline rush afterwards and felt very alert.

• Like 1
Give in. Play Chuthlu Saves Christmas!
5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, eal said:

Give in. Play Chuthlu Saves Christmas!

In December like a normal person! Thanksgiving deserves respect!

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, eal said:

In December like a normal person! Thanksgiving deserves respect!

Where I work our music system is already playing Christmas music. It started on November 1st. Thankfully right now it’s every 5 or 6 songs before another Christmas tune plays, but damn, it’s annoying.

Christmas is my favorite holiday, but I hate how Christmas music is pushed so soon. Especially all these really bad covers. Give me classic takes, instrumental, or as sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, etc.

Haha, we're definitely not musical Twinsies. I'm always on the lookout for new Christmas music from artists I like. I've been over the classics for decades now. Heck, I'm so done with old music we banned our DJ from any song older than 1980 at our wedding. He was quite annoyed when we told him. Asked specifically about YMCA and Sinatra & such. Nope. Told him just play some easy listening 80s during dinner.

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Haha, we're definitely not musical Twinsies. 

We’ve had that established for a while now. Haha

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Where I work our music system is already playing Christmas music. It started on November 1st. Thankfully right now it’s every 5 or 6 songs before another Christmas tune plays, but damn, it’s annoying.

Christmas is my favorite holiday, but I hate how Christmas music is pushed so soon. Especially all these really bad covers. Give me classic takes, instrumental, or as sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, etc.

I could spend three decades going off about Christmas music on the work radio. I worked retail for almost four years. One year I noticed they were sneaking in a Christmas song every four or five songs almost as if they were conditioning the customers to it. And don’t get me started on their music choices. Maybe three variations of the same four songs, all of which were the worst covers to those songs. And it was always Last Christmas or All I Want for Christmas is You.

13 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Haha, we're definitely not musical Twinsies. I'm always on the lookout for new Christmas music from artists I like. I've been over the classics for decades now. Heck, I'm so done with old music we banned our DJ from any song older than 1980 at our wedding. He was quite annoyed when we told him. Asked specifically about YMCA and Sinatra & such. Nope. Told him just play some easy listening 80s during dinner.

I’ve actually spent about six years during December polishing up a Christmas playlist and making little themed ones that branch off of it. Every year, without fail, I find some newer music I like. I’m so glad the playlist isn’t full of a half dozen covers of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas anymore. Would recommend Emmy the Great’s “(Don’t Call Me) Mrs. Christmas” and “Home for the Holidays” as good examples.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, eal said:

And it was always Last Christmas

I #$*!ing hate that song. We had to sing it in choir my senior year of high school and IT. SUCKED. Hate hate hate hate hate that song.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I #$*!ing hate that song. We had to sing it in choir my senior year of high school and IT. SUCKED. Hate hate hate hate hate that song.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, eal said:

Ha, nice. When I think of hate I always think of Kefka’s freak out in Final Fantasy VI.

spacer.png