Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

I was thinking about pulling mine out to replay Rogue Galaxy sometime.
Let me know how that converter works
Oh man, I loved loved loved that game. I so wanted it to be Dark Cloud 3. It wasn't. But I loved it

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
6 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Oh man, I loved loved loved that game. I so wanted it to be Dark Cloud 3. It wasn't. But I loved it

If I am remembering it right. The game was originally going to be Dark Cloud 3. There is evidence with several game files in Rogue Galaxy that reference Dark Cloud 3. I need to get around to beating Dark Cloud 2 yet. I never beaten it, but played a lot of it. Never played Rogue Galaxy, but it is on my to do list. Along with the 10000 other games on the list.

Anyways nothing of note has been going on for my end outside of the normal grind. Helped my mom with her garden and started growing some Carolina Reapers. Gonna make some good spice out of it.

• Like 1

The creator of the Bop It! follows me on Instagram.

I've been putting a lot of time into my virtual pinball machine lately, going thru and re-downloading all the tables to upgrade them to the new Visual Pinball X and then setting up Pin Up Player to use some tables that need that like Wizard of Oz

11 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
16 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

No, unfortunately it wasn't. 

But yeah, I have it on a shelf upstairs and I walk by it every day when I do my son's bedtime routine. It's calling to me. 

9 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Along with the 10000 other games on the list.

I feel ya. 

Oh boy do I feel ya. 

One of these years I'm going to take a two week vacation and dedicate it completely to gaming. 

• Like 2

I'm working towards saving for a computer. I have about $200 set aside already

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Democrobot said:

I'm working towards saving for a computer. I have about $200 set aside already

Work? Gaming? Both?

You gonna build it or buy it built?

7 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Work? Gaming? Both?

You gonna build it or buy it built?

Gonna be for streaming and content creation. So I guess both :P I have parts in mind based on the recommendation of a friend. I'll see if the local PC hardware shop has them in stock and if so I might pay a little extra to have them assemble it. Hard to say right now. I also got my tax return so now I'm up close to $700

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Democrobot said:

Gonna be for streaming and content creation. So I guess both :P I have parts in mind based on the recommendation of a friend. I'll see if the local PC hardware shop has them in stock and if so I might pay a little extra to have them assemble it. Hard to say right now. I also got my tax return so now I'm up close to $700

Yeah, If I was going to put that much money into a PC, I'd definitely pay to have it assembled. 

That being said though, I have exactly zero experience with building PCs, or any other electronics for that matter. 

6 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Yeah, If I was going to put that much money into a PC, I'd definitely pay to have it assembled. 

That being said though, I have exactly zero experience with building PCs, or any other electronics for that matter. 

I probably could figure it out but honestly I'm not confident in my skills enough to try. I'm a performer more than I am a tech wizard

Building a PC is a pretty straightforward affair. Just make sure to seat the RAM all the way.

Building a PC is a pretty straightforward affair. Just make sure to seat the RAM all the way.
It definitely isn't difficult, but that's far from the most important thing XD.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On 7/28/2020 at 4:34 PM, AustNerevar said:

It definitely isn't difficult, but that's far from the most important thing XD.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

True, it's not the most important thing, but it is the mistake I see most frequently with new builds that won't boot. 😅

On 7/28/2020 at 4:25 PM, GrandAlchemist said:

Fun story. I went to a secondary school for Information Technology. During the first time we had to assemble and maintain computers, I was half asleep from playing video games all night. i half seated a stick of RAM to go handle something else. Someone turned the computer on (or it might have been me, I don't remember). And soon enough smoke was coming out of the computer. Wasn't too damaging on the other parts and was a cheap computer. But that stupid mistake (especially since I had experience before this) is probably the one thing that randomly pops in my mind and makes me cringe and embarrassed. Since then, i try to get proper sleep.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Forget this post, I was responding to something I misread.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

13 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Fun story. I went to a secondary school for Information Technology. During the first time we had to assemble and maintain computers, I was half asleep from playing video games all night. i half seated a stick of RAM to go handle something else. Someone turned the computer on (or it might have been me, I don't remember). And soon enough smoke was coming out of the computer. Wasn't too damaging on the other parts and was a cheap computer. But that stupid mistake (especially since I had experience before this) is probably the one thing that randomly pops in my mind and makes me cringe and embarrassed. Since then, i try to get proper sleep.

Aaaaand this is enough to make me scared to try. 

In the span of the past 24 hours, an opportunity arose at my school and it's looking likely my wife will be offered a job there tomorrow. Great news normally, but it's like 5 days before we go to work.

We've got 5 days to switch Plattym5's registration to my school, find babysitting for Plattym4 (because his public school starts 3 weeks after mine), have my wife get all her paperwork done, buy uniforms for the young one, finish potty training Plattym5, and now everyone needs to get used to waking up at 6am, not the 9-10am that's become norm for the past 140 days.

I have no idea how this is going to all happen, but somehow it is. We know a million other people do it, but man we weren't planning this at all.

7 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Aaaaand this is enough to make me scared to try. 

As long as you do some research, and take precautions it should be fine. You just gotta make sure you are grounded and know how to handle them properly. It is pretty much putting item 'A' into the 'A' slot.

My story is dumb mostly on the grounds that it is impossible to put in RAM sticks the wrong way. I tried to push it down into the slot the wrong way, but I was too tired to really take notice of it. So it was sitting at an upwards angle in the slot. You know it will when it is connected when you hear the clicking of the two tabs on the side of the slot. Since it was at an angle AND in the wrong direction, contact points were connected to where they shouldn't be to begin with.

Was going through my photos. Found a picture of a Nintendo gift card code I bought years ago. Tried to redeem it and there was money on it! Now I have $20 to play around with.

Had a pretty good low key birthday today. I was busy all day yesterday but got a surprise pizza party yesterday and a cool birthday cake in the evening, and got a few new games and t-shirts today. Been taking it easy today and have been playing Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. With how busy my July was (and how busy my August is gonna be because of work) I’ve taken a few days off until later this week since I haven’t taken an actual vacation from work. Plus I had a lot of PTO time that I would have lost so definitely using that! Haha

• Like 2

14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Had a pretty good low key birthday today. I was busy all day yesterday but got a surprise pizza party yesterday and a cool birthday cake in the evening, and got a few new games and t-shirts today. Been taking it easy today and have been playing Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. With how busy my July was (and how busy my August is gonna be because of work) I’ve taken a few days off until later this week since I haven’t taken an actual vacation from work. Plus I had a lot of PTO time that I would have lost so definitely using that! Haha

I was thinking about getting Definitive Edition, but then I remembered I never finished it on the 3DS, so I'll just restart that one. 

17 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

I was thinking about getting Definitive Edition, but then I remembered I never finished it on the 3DS, so I'll just restart that one. 

spacer.png

I was surprised the copy I got as a gift was the collector’s edition. The covers on the artbook look pretty sweet, but I’m not going to look through it until I beat the game. Don’t want to accidentally spoil something I don’t know about.

I'd had that 3DS bookmarked for a price drop for a year. Looked at it today (as I've received many notifications over the months) and it's selling for almost half what it was a year ago, actually even less. From what I've seen of the Definitive Edition, I've passed on the 3DS copy. Then again, it's not like I'd get around to it. Then again, I'd probably play the copy I already own if I did.

3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

I'd had that 3DS bookmarked for a price drop for a year. Looked at it today (as I've received many notifications over the months) and it's selling for almost half what it was a year ago, actually even less. From what I've seen of the Definitive Edition, I've passed on the 3DS copy. Then again, it's not like I'd get around to it. Then again, I'd probably play the copy I already own if I did.

That was pretty much my thought process as well. 

Well it’s certainly been an interesting day. We had a severe thunderstorm roll through at work this morning so we had to send everyone to the back corner since we have huge windows. That lasted about an hour or so and man, it was crazy to watch outside with what the weather was doing. 2 hours later we had a brown out which caused half of our lights in the store to flicker on and off essentially giving it a strobe light/rave effect throughout the building until finally the black out happened 15 minutes later. We ended up leaving work 4 hours early and man, the weather was not kind to a lot of places on my drive home. Apparently the winds got to 78 MPH, and it definitely looked like that was the case.

No electricity here at home, which could mean a big grocery run depending on how long the electricity has been out. From what I was told it’s been off since 11 in the town I live in. Between Thursday, all of Tax Free Weekend and today, it’s been a nucking futs 5 days of work. Tomorrow will be day 6 so I imagine tomorrow I’ll see stuff like leprechauns and unicorns and so forth go flying through the skies.

• Like 1