1 hour ago, eal said:

There’s nothing boring about being Mr. September! You have a whole Earth, Wind, and Fire tune to use as your theme song. But it sounds like you’d sooner use a Green Day song to describe September.

That's an October song. October 1st is when you wake Green Day up

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Got good news this morning! Thank goodness! That’s a huge sigh of relief.

Posted Images

So...Steve from Minecraft making it into Smash Ultimate has been an interesting ride the past two days. People are certainly upset about it. I’m actually surprised Minecraft is actually going to be in Smash at all, but if I’m being honest, I think the character looks interesting. Watching the reveal I felt that same kind of excitement I got from seeing Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, and Min-Min getting announced.

Now, Minecraft is a game I’ve never played nor have any desire to, but after playing stuff like Dragon Quest Builders I see the appeal of building games. I know I’ve probably put more thought into building the towns in DQ Builders 1 especially, so having a character from the game that essentially got that ball rolling for that genre makes sense. It’s a game that a generation of kids and/or teens grew up playing, and while we all know the jokes about how cringe or obnoxious Minecraft videos can be (Dedicated wham, anyone?), it being added to Smash does make total sense. I’m not defending it or trying to reason it’s inclusion, just giving my two cents.

Why I’m excited in particular is the moveset the character has. From the looks of it, it’s a very unique set of skills, and one that seems to encompass a lot about Minecraft and what you can do in it. It gives me a Mr. Game & Watch moveset vibe, where the animations from those various titles are essentially put together in one representing character.

So, as a long time Smash fan, I welcome the inclusion. The character seems like he (and his alts) will be fun, so I’m all for giving it a shot. I mean, characters like Byleth didn’t get me personally excited, but I still enjoy what the character brought to the game with their abilities.

Apologies if this isn’t the right topic for this, but hey, when do we care about staying on topic, right? 🤣

Before going to work today I managed to watch the Steve presentation for Smash Ultimate. Dang, he actually has a pretty impressive moveset. Seeing it fully explained was interesting, and I like the idea of him being a resource type character. His standard special move (or B button attack) being vastly different depending on the position is probably the most interesting thing about the moveset, and I’m glad there’s a way to move the crafting table as necessary. Not gonna lie, the full rundown on the character, stage, and music has me excited. It’s definitely looking like a lot of work went into making Steve work within Smash.

Steve and the Minecraft content will launch on October 13th, so we still have over a week. I have the 13th off for holiday pay, so I’m glad I’ll be able to give it all a try right away.

Also, super glad to hear about the Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, and Byleth amiibos are coming early next year. Banjo & Kazooie’s amiibo looks SO GOOOOOOOOOOD. A Golden Jiggy being part of the amiibo is a great touch.

I can't say that I am hyped for Steve. But his moveset looks pretty fun. So kudos on having more interesting gameplay styles with the DLC.

I mentioned this before. But as with previous DLC. I am enjoying the drama more then the DLC itself.

22 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I mentioned this before. But as with previous DLC. I am enjoying the drama more then the DLC itself.

I think Steve is getting more backlash than Byleth, which I didn’t think was going to happen. I get why Steve (and Minecraft content) wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but hoo boy...it’s been a very interesting past few days!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I think Steve is getting more backlash than Byleth, which I didn’t think was going to happen. I get why Steve (and Minecraft content) wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but hoo boy...it’s been a very interesting past few days!

I’ll buy him if his final smash is him performing a cringey Minecraft music video.

• Like 1
On 10/3/2020 at 10:53 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yeah, and here I was thinking that the Byleth drama was bad.

I loved it when Terry got announced. "Who the hell is Terry, he isn't relevant!". As if Fatal Fury and SNK were somehow not relevant in gaming history. Goes to show that a lot of people who play Smash don't even like fighting games. Let alone know much about them. Or arcade games for that matter. I will never forget the guy on Reddit who commented an essay on how he has never heard of Terry and why he wasn't part of gaming history.

• 2 weeks later...

Played Steve in Smash. Was cool but not my style.

Got another tournament this weekend. Battle of Legends IC for Pokemon Sword/Shield. Should be fun. watch my stream please

Been sick the last few days but getting better. Over the Thanksgiving weekend I entered Salt Mines MSS for Pokemon Sword/Shield. Made 4th place provincially. Was cool.

• Like 1
Played Steve in Smash. Was cool but not my style.
Got another tournament this weekend. Battle of Legends IC for Pokemon Sword/Shield. Should be fun. watch my stream please
Been sick the last few days but getting better. Over the Thanksgiving weekend I entered Salt Mines MSS for Pokemon Sword/Shield. Made 4th place provincially. Was cool.
Finally got Steve yesterday. Played a few times and then went back to Hero, DK, and Ganondorf. The kids loved him.

Enjoying a 3-day weekend. Which is nice because after this I head into a stretch of about ten days without a day off. New employer is squeezing in trainings on my days off to get me up to speed, which is nice because they are willing to pay the overtime but crappy because I'm missing out on sleep and time with my family. 

• Like 1
Found this funny Yangus bear image today floating around Twitter. Cracked me up.
131734a4-ae13-46ed-966c-6c3e2cb7a5ab.jpg.a204bc5c9efffb8bdf8d2e89697660cb.jpg
The nose looks like a foreskin...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Found this funny Yangus bear image today floating around Twitter. Cracked me up.

131734a4-ae13-46ed-966c-6c3e2cb7a5ab.jpg

I like to call him Yangus the Pooh.

• Like 1

I have two more tournaments coming up. Definitely expanding and making a name for myself

• Like 3

Hi, Everyone! It's been a while!

I've been getting bombarded with school stuff and have been mostly hiding on Bururian's Discord server, but I'm happy to say that I made it through midterms and am hoping to spend a little more time here! :overjoyed2:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Hi, Everyone! It's been a while!

I've been getting bombarded with school stuff and have been mostly hiding on Bururian's Discord server, but I'm happy to say that I made it through midterms and am hoping to spend a little more time here! :overjoyed2:

Welcome back!

Been doing more videos and streaming. Really making that push this week.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy Halloween everyone. Went to a small costume party dressed as Yoda and won a prize too.

As tradition, I have to enjoy something Edgar Allen Poe related and wanted to share it here. Hope everyone had a good Hallow’s Eve.

• Like 3

Started a marathon of Harry Potter books on Halloween because I have a weird history with reading them and want to actually read them beginning to end without skipping books. Then I watched horror movies for the rest of the night. Ashamed to say I watched Hubie Halloween, mostly because it was filmed in parts of Massachusetts. Ended the night with Ouija: Origin of Evil, which was remarkably better than it had any right to be, with ridiculously strong performances by the whole cast, including the child actress and former-child-actor-turned-regular-adult-actor Henry Thomas.

• Like 1

I mostly watched the 2012 TMNT cartoon, season 4

Spoiler

Of course, Splinter died more than once, and it featured Super Shredder. It got pretty dark, too. Someone chopped off Tiger Claw's arm, Shredder murdered Splinter, then one of the Turtles murdered Shredder, presenting his head/helmet as proof. I think it was a helmet, but its hard to tell considering that Super Shredder's blades mutated into his body.

You know what? The four turtles and Casey Jones wear masks. And Shredder wears a helmet/mask. So, I'm going to count it as Halloween

My wife thought it a good idea to go around the neighborhood with our friends again. Last year was fine, if a bit chaotic with 5 families & like 10 kids, with my 6 year old son being the oldest. It was good though.

This year the friends thought it best to get some hay bales and put them on a trailer behind their 4x4. WTF? To go around the neighborhood? Where the houses are all on 50-75 foot lots? Dumb. It was a decision that made me not want to go. Why ride with these kids? F-ing walk! Here's the highlights:

1. Friend drank a 6-pack while driving around the neighborhood, I was worried the whole 2nd hour.
2. We'd stop for 20 minutes to go visit maybe 5-6 houses in a row. So many adults were drinking they were all pissing in neighbor's bushes or just squatting in drainage ditches. The kids of course hit 5-6 houses in under 5 minutes and just ran around crazy waiting to move on. My youngest got knocked down and cut his hand enough to knock him out of Halloween in the first hour. He didn't visit another house, just cried in my lap for most of it.
3. Another toddler with us had his parents take off his shoes becuase he was tripping in them. He ended up 3/4 through the night splitting his toe open quite bad. A dad/paramedic rushed him home to clean and basically glue that cut up.
4. At the 4th stop, the driver left her 5 year old son behind. She drove half a mile to the next stop and it was about 3 minutes of walking around before they noticed he was missing. Took 20 minutes of panicked searching to find him. This led to a quiet domestic dispute and the end of some people drinking.

I was uneasy and pissed most of the night. My wife finally realized near the end this was not a good idea. I love our friends and hanging out at one home or the other while they get toasted is fine. But having them drive us around & while they lose their own kid is another. Gonna push hard to never do Halloween with them again.

I haven't been much into celebrating Halloween. Ended up spending the entire night with my buddies on discord and playing games. Typically every year my friends gather and we play horror themed Pathfinder mini-campaigns. Our game master had good plans and ideas for this year. But sadly that couldn't be done this year since some of us are doing strict social distancing. We are not a fan of RPing through discord.

Things have been pretty much the same at this point. Playing games, getting chores and work done. Not much else. This year has been such a blur for me at this point.

Also found out that one of my favorite local restaurants is going out of business in 3 weeks. So a bit bummed out from that as well.

My wife thought it a good idea to go around the neighborhood with our friends again. Last year was fine, if a bit chaotic with 5 families & like 10 kids, with my 6 year old son being the oldest. It was good though.

This year the friends thought it best to get some hay bales and put them on a trailer behind their 4x4. WTF? To go around the neighborhood? Where the houses are all on 50-75 foot lots? Dumb. It was a decision that made me not want to go. Why ride with these kids? F-ing walk! Here's the highlights:

1. Friend drank a 6-pack while driving around the neighborhood, I was worried the whole 2nd hour.
2. We'd stop for 20 minutes to go visit maybe 5-6 houses in a row. So many adults were drinking they were all pissing in neighbor's bushes or just squatting in drainage ditches. The kids of course hit 5-6 houses in under 5 minutes and just ran around crazy waiting to move on. My youngest got knocked down and cut his hand enough to knock him out of Halloween in the first hour. He didn't visit another house, just cried in my lap for most of it.
3. Another toddler with us had his parents take off his shoes becuase he was tripping in them. He ended up 3/4 through the night splitting his toe open quite bad. A dad/paramedic rushed him home to clean and basically glue that cut up.
4. At the 4th stop, the driver left her 5 year old son behind. She drove half a mile to the next stop and it was about 3 minutes of walking around before they noticed he was missing. Took 20 minutes of panicked searching to find him. This led to a quiet domestic dispute and the end of some people drinking.

I was uneasy and pissed most of the night. My wife finally realized near the end this was not a good idea. I love our friends and hanging out at one home or the other while they get toasted is fine. But having them drive us around & while they lose their own kid is another. Gonna push hard to never do Halloween with them again.
Um wtf

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Drinking + Driving = Bad idea

Drinking a 6-pack + Watching Kids = Bad idea

I don't even know how to express how bad of an idea that whole escapade is O_O

• Like 1
Drinking + Driving = Bad idea
Drinking a 6-pack + Watching Kids = Bad idea
I don't even know how to express how bad of an idea that whole escapade is O_o
It was the dumbest, most uncomfortable night. When 2 moms in their 30s walked all of 10 feet down the slope of the retention pond to pull their pants down & pee while another yelled "now we have 3 full moons" I thought that was the low, but these people who acted like a bunch of crazy college kids while around toddlers had so much more in store.