Jump to content

Recommended Posts

When do new episodes go live?  I want to catch one live sometime, if possible.  Otherwise, where's the best place to see / hear it?
We don't broadcast live. Don't use Twitch or anything.

We record every other week or so and typically I can edit and get them up and posted the next day.

https://anchor.fm/dqslimetime

That's the home of Dragon Quest Slime Time, on Anchor.fm

Anchor is only the host though, but it can be found via virtually every podcast app around. iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts,... whatever you use, it's likely there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • YangustheLegendaryBandit

    2142

  • eal

    2117

  • Democrobot

    1687

  • Plattym3

    1367

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Got good news this morning! Thank goodness! That’s a huge sigh of relief.

Posted Images

Could you imagine if we did it live and had an actual live number count showing us how many people don't even listen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t think of many podcasts that are recorded live on Twitch without a built in audience beforehand. Super Best Friendcast didn’t switch to a live broadcast until well over 100 episodes and even then it was a supplemental thing to their LP channel that had been running for years prior.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Could you imagine if we did it live and had an actual live number count showing us how many people don't even listen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


The 2 regular weekly RPGamer ones go live and record. There's maybe 1 or 2 people each. Heck, I went on their Q&A one while I was recording Slime Time 2 weeks ago and posted 3 questions that they then answered haha. No one else was there.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around.

Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around.
Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.
Good luck x2!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night my girlfriend and I ate at Mod Pizza. We sat at the window and outside there was a couple in their fifties. Heavy set. Wife was wearing a lot of makeup with super bleached hair. Husband was fat, smoking cigars, and wearing a Tommy Bahama shirt. You know the type.

The husband leaned back in his chair. It snapped in two and he fell on his ass. We happened to be looking over when this happened and the wife saw us. My girlfriend froze in fear. I tried my best not to laugh. He was rather upset. His ego was bruised pretty bad, but no injuries outside of that. The dude came in to complain, which I'm sure was tough for the staff. What are they supposed to say? "Sorry you were too fat for the chair." He went back outside, got another chair, and gave us a lovely sight to dine to by displaying copious amounts of butt crack. I asked my girlfriend if she had any change or a pencil to drop down and she said no. Pretty sure she was lying to me, though.

When they finished eating they came back in and asked to speak to the manager. She was working and cleaning, so they had to wait a while. They didn't want to wait. Like, what did they expect to happen? She can't unbreak the chair. I wanted to see how it ended. My girlfriend did not. Think I might go back and see how it turned out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2020 at 8:11 AM, Dwaine said:

Husband was fat, smoking cigars, and wearing a Tommy Bahama shirt. You know the type.

NEWMAN
Jerry Seinfeld Newman Face | Meme Generator

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

NEWMAN
Jerry Seinfeld Newman Face | Meme Generator

Newman? Let's not forget the time he ruined Jurassic Park!

2422_FPT_00095R_tall.jpg?itok=TlaHi-Ez

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Of course. 3c8f9fba9200dda3af6aa78927a2b441.jpg

For the record, I never beat Jurassic Park on the Super Nintendo. I tried a lot, but always got stuck at "You need Dennis Nedry's key card"

I hate him almost as much as Jerry does

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Of course. 3c8f9fba9200dda3af6aa78927a2b441.jpg

Newman is just like Prince Charmles: he’s a misunderstood character everyone hates.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My kids are likely not sports stars. Don't claim they ever will be and after babysitting kids who were all-star worthy softball players a long time ago and seeing how their summer went, I hope they never are haha. But, as a teacher I'm stressed to my kids 3 things all teachers wish of their kids:
1. Shut up
2. Listen
3. Be nice

Those are the best kids.

It paid off big time in their first day of competitive soccer today. They'd played baseball/T-ball for years with my wife and I coaching them, but today we switched to soccer and were just regular parents in the stands.

Plattym5 is 4 and on a team with kids mainly younger than himself. He's been excited all week to listen to new coaches and do what he was told. His team won 5-0 and he scored 3 times and nailed the bar another time. Most other kids were busy crying or chasing dragonflies. Focus prevailed!

Plattym4 has been the strong-armed baseball player who I dread pitching to (he smacks line drives at my head too often). I've wanted him in soccer for years, but my wife loves baseball, so that's what we played. Today he started soccer, and after a quarter of playing stalwart defense the coach put him center forward and left him there the rest of the game. Because his ADHD goalie was too busy scoring own-goals and running out of the box after his team got creamed, but I was actually surprised how much he listened and did exactly what the coach said. He was breaking free up and down the field while 9 other kids just clumped together. Didn't score because he can't turn those corners or slow down yet, but damn. He got game MVP despite being quite upset after. I reminded him he listened to coaching yelling "spread out, don't clump together" and therefore found open space all over. Afterwards he told me soccer was WAY more fun than baseball. Mom was too busy with a garage sale to hear that today haha, we'll see what the future brings.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

My kids are likely not sports stars. Don't claim they ever will be and after babysitting kids who were all-star worthy softball players a long time ago and seeing how their summer went, I hope they never are haha. But, as a teacher I'm stressed to my kids 3 things all teachers wish of their kids:
1. Shut up
2. Listen
3. Be nice

Those are the best kids.

It paid off big time in their first day of competitive soccer today. They'd played baseball/T-ball for years with my wife and I coaching them, but today we switched to soccer and were just regular parents in the stands.

Plattym5 is 4 and on a team with kids mainly younger than himself. He's been excited all week to listen to new coaches and do what he was told. His team won 5-0 and he scored 3 times and nailed the bar another time. Most other kids were busy crying or chasing dragonflies. Focus prevailed! emoji23.png

Plattym4 has been the strong-armed baseball player who I dread pitching to (he smacks line drives at my head too often). I've wanted him in soccer for years, but my wife loves baseball, so that's what we played. Today he started soccer, and after a quarter of playing stalwart defense the coach put him center forward and left him there the rest of the game. Because his ADHD goalie was too busy scoring own-goals and running out of the box after emoji2369.png his team got creamed, but I was actually surprised how much he listened and did exactly what the coach said. He was breaking free up and down the field while 9 other kids just clumped together. Didn't score because he can't turn those corners or slow down yet, but damn. He got game MVP despite being quite upset after. I reminded him he listened to coaching yelling "spread out, don't clump together" and therefore found open space all over. Afterwards he told me soccer was WAY more fun than baseball. Mom was too busy with a garage sale to hear that today haha, we'll see what the future brings. emoji848.png


You’d be surprised, kids just need to find the right sport. I did soccer for 6 years because my dad was a coach, and I only scored a single goal that entire time. I was a decent hitter and runner when I played baseball, but I couldn’t catch or throw to save my life. I had the stamina for basketball that I couldn’t muster for soccer, but the team I was on lost every game and I struggled to make shots even though I could get the ball across the court no problem. 

However, I had a talent for karate. The only thing that held me back was I didn’t have the ability to go two times a week so I learned twice as slowly as everyone else and didn’t have the time for new concepts to stick as well as they could if I went more than once a week. I had the talent and skills just not the time, especially now. I went for 10 years but had to stop once I started working full-time and moved too far away from the karate studio.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eal said:


You’d be surprised, kids just need to find the right sport. I did soccer for 6 years because my dad was a coach, and I only scored a single goal that entire time. I was a decent hitter and runner when I played baseball, but I couldn’t catch or throw to save my life. I had the stamina for basketball that I couldn’t muster for soccer, but the team I was on lost every game and I struggled to make shots even though I could get the ball across the court no problem. 

However, I had a talent for karate. The only thing that held me back was I didn’t have the ability to go two times a week so I learned twice as slowly as everyone else and didn’t have the time for new concepts to stick as well as they could if I went more than once a week. I had the talent and skills just not the time, especially now. I went for 10 years but had to stop once I started working full-time and moved too far away from the karate studio.

Same for me. I got decent at softball and basketball. Enough to get play time in pick-up games, or if there were two or three local leagues.

I took gymnastics when I was little. Roller bladed ALL the time in my school days, and I learned I could break dance in 9th grade.

The thing that stuck for me was martial arts. The early gymnastics, constant roller blading (we had a limbo contest every week at the roller rink, where I would warm up by doing the splits), and the breakdancing all kept me flexible. The first thing I learned was how to fall, which is important for acrobatics.

I'll be 33 in November, and I can still do the splits. My strength and stamina still need work, though. Sometimes its not traditional sports that people excel at. I'm good at badminton, and I suck at frisbee. You never really know exactly what skill set people might have a knack for, or a dedication to.

You never know who a good coach will be either. Chad Curtis was helping me with softball. I got decent playing outfield and infield, but my swing was terrible. It was some random guy who helped me with my swing (the power comes from the hips, which I should have realized after Tae Kwon Do).

Edited by Wes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight is the start of the Pokemon Player's Cup 2 qualifiers. Check out my Twitch to watch live starting at 6MDT

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 6:01 AM, Plattym3 said:
On 9/24/2020 at 2:37 PM, Democrobot said:
Tonight is the start of the Pokemon Player's Cup 2 qualifiers. Check out my Twitch to watch live starting at 6MDT

How'd you do?

Currently 1577 globally. Won't know my NA results for a few days yet. I need top 256 though so it might be close

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only election worth following right now is the company election for the photos in our yearly calendar. It’s a tight race in terms of votes. One of my co-workers is leading in one category and I’m nearing second in another, which is a guaranteed spot in the calendar. 

Edited by eal
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
The only election worth following right now is the company election for the photos in our yearly calendar. It’s a tight race in terms of votes. One of my co-workers is leading in one category and I’m nearing second in another, which is a guaranteed spot in the calendar. 
We had this thing in high school where we did "calendar couple". Basically people collected as much money (to donate to the yearbook) as they could and whoever got the most (male & female) were the calendar couple. Then the next 12 highest in order were Mr. & Mrs. January, February,... December.

I was the newspaper editor at school and part of Yearbook staff too. Once I found out only 12 males had entered, I put my name in and collected all of $5, which I promptly donated to others so I'd stay Mr. December & have a decent theme to dress for. Who the hell wants to be Mr. September or November? Boring.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

We had this thing in high school where we did "calendar couple". Basically people collected as much money (to donate to the yearbook) as they could and whoever got the most (male & female) were the calendar couple. Then the next 12 highest in order were Mr. & Mrs. January, February,... December.

I was the newspaper editor at school and part of Yearbook staff too. Once I found out only 12 males had entered, I put my name in and collected all of $5, which I promptly donated to others so I'd stay Mr. December & have a decent theme to dress for. Who the hell wants to be Mr. September or November? Boring.

There’s nothing boring about being Mr. September! You have a whole Earth, Wind, and Fire tune to use as your theme song. But it sounds like you’d sooner use a Green Day song to describe September.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...