I know you're memeing but XI is definitely not the best game of the 2010s. The best game of the 2010s was Dragon Quest X and it's a shame it will be skipped over even by the majority of DQ fans because SE have not localized it.
Then, if you count remakes, Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy, *then* DQXI.
Just reached v3.5 today. So good

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Got good news this morning! Thank goodness! That’s a huge sigh of relief.

Posted Images

Perhaps in a parallel universe DQ10 got a western release while Final Fantasy XIV stayed Japan only.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Perhaps in a parallel universe DQ10 got a western release while Final Fantasy XIV stayed Japan only.

Probably the same universe where the newer Dragon Quest games became action based and Final Fantasy stayed turn based.

19 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

I know you're memeing but XI is definitely not the best game of the 2010s. The best game of the 2010s was Dragon Quest X and it's a shame it will be skipped over even by the majority of DQ fans because SE have not localized it.

Then, if you count remakes, Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy, *then* DQXI.

fwiw I never really count MMOs in that conversation because they keep evolving. A new expansion could make it better or worse. I want to play DQX too but I resigned myself to it never happening :(

I think FFXI is better than XIV though :thumbsup:

and if we count remakes. Trials of Mana my dude. But in my defense, I waited for that since 1998. Kinda biased, but I think Square did a terrific job of updating that and keeping it faithful.

I mean, Crash Bandicoot 2 is contender of best game of all time in my opinion and it's remake comes close (a minor bug and a few odd changes hold it back from being quite the complete package the PS1 version was).

I haven't really played Trials of Mana. I've got the demo and it looks neat but I've got little money and other priorities.

fwiw I never really count MMOs in that conversation because they keep evolving. A new expansion could make it better or worse. I want to play DQX too but I resigned myself to it never happening
I think FFXI is better than XIV though
and if we count remakes. Trials of Mana my dude. But in my defense, I waited for that since 1998. Kinda biased, but I think Square did a terrific job of updating that and keeping it faithful.
It's possible to play DQX. The language barrier is partially surmountable.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Same applies with Theatrhythm Dragon Quest. You don’t need to understand a lick of Japanese to play that game and navigate the menus. Hell, I managed to figure out how to download all the DLC songs just by exploring the menus.

Such a shame we never got that game in English, as it has the best controls for all the Theatrhythm games.

• Like 1
Same applies with Theatrhythm Dragon Quest. You don’t need to understand a lick of Japanese to play that game and navigate the menus. Hell, I managed to figure out how to download all the DLC songs just by exploring the menus.

Such a shame we never got that game in English, as it has the best controls for all the Theatrhythm games.
I'm strongly considering trying to mod my old 3DS to play that & some other DS & 3DS games. A buddy just did his and it took under 2 hours (it's complicated as hell though).

Agreed. As the opening to The Six Million Dollar Man said, "We have the technology
We have the capability."

Google Translate. Muscle memory. Knowledge of DQ. It's all you need.

For the record, Theatrhythm DQ is totally playable in Citra.

I tried translating the game, and I have a decent chunk of the script localized (the text is pretty much all menu stuff) but the in-game font is missing a bunch of English characters, and I haven't figured out how to replace it. There is a bcfnt font file, but replacing it does nothing at all, so the actual used font must be stored in an archive, in the executable, or as a sprite/texture sheet.

13 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

In addition, apparently the trial now goes past the base game into the first expansion. But my account isn't a trial account, so I still have to pay to play.

On 8/16/2020 at 4:34 PM, Democrobot said:

Back in the heatwave. Bleh.

Oh me too. 109 yesterday and 107 today. Looks like triple digits for at least the next 10 days or so. 

Telling an angry person that they "let" themselves become angry is just victim blaming. Nobody just decides to be angry. There's always a reason.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Telling an angry person that they "let" themselves become angry is just victim blaming. Nobody just decides to be angry. There's always a reason.

That depends on the context. There are several people who set themselves up to disappointment by having unrealistic expectations that are out of their control. And then get upset and complain about it.

There is also over reacting.

16 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

You haven't met my mom then :P She is always angry

17 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Replace, "Always," with, "Usually," and I'll be in agreement 100%

"Victim blaming" is a loaded phrasing to be sure but generally yes getting angered usually requires external factors OR in the event of an anger management issues internal factors that can be helped.

In that same time though, humans are emotional and people will get upset no matter how zen they are. So I guess in short it's not a black and white issue.

• Like 1
On 8/25/2020 at 12:27 PM, Fates said:

In that same time though, humans are emotional and people will get upset no matter how zen they are. So I guess in short it's not a black and white issue.

This. Very much this. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting professional coaching from Paul Ruiz (Pokemon VGC world champ). There's an upcoming online tournament I'm hoping to qualify for so I'm training to do better than last time. No tilting for me

Feels like it's been a slow couple of days around here.  Ah well. I'll keep sniffing around :D

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

Feels like it's been a slow couple of days around here.  Ah well. I'll keep sniffing around :D

It used to be worse. During a slump in game releases in the West, just before the 3DS games were announced, you’d get what felt like maybe a dozen posts a week.

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
10 hours ago, The Dog of Zahan said:
Feels like it's been a slow couple of days around here.  Ah well. I'll keep sniffing around emoji3.png

You might dig something up soon!

I brought help

animatedassistants-rocky2.png

6 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

You might dig something up soon!

There’s plenty of content if you listen to Slime Time and Side Quest...😘

• Like 2

Next week I get my new router. I should be able to stream more without my net dropping. I'm excited

16 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

There’s plenty of content if you listen to Slime Time and Side Quest...😘

When do new episodes go live?  I want to catch one live sometime, if possible.  Otherwise, where's the best place to see / hear it?

15 minutes ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

When do new episodes go live?  I want to catch one live sometime, if possible.  Otherwise, where's the best place to see / hear it?

@Plattym3posts about each new episode once they go live here. There are main episodes that Platty and Liamland host and the Sidequest episodes are hosted by Platty and myself.

https://www.woodus.com/forums/forum/139-slime-time-dragon-quest-podcast/

They typically get uploaded/added to Apple’s Podcast app and others once the initial version pops up. @Woodusmakes YouTube versions for listening as well for the Dragon’s Den YouTube page.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit