1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Are you interested in getting a vinyl player? They can be gotten pretty cheap and there's a good amount of video game soundtracks on vinyl out there. I initially got a Star Wars 40th anniversary Crosley but my Dad got me a nice stereo setup with a vinyl player that I use now.

Okay, so I actually used to own a record player. It was gifted to me when they were clearing out my grandmother’s house in preparation for a move. But it was missing a few things and I’m too casual a music listener to dedicate space that I didn’t really have. So now it’s taking up room in my parents’ basement lol.

I have a couple records but I can count on one hand how many I actually bought.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

I was checking my Messenger app this morning and found out I won a Cuphead vinyl soundtrack giveaway! The 2nd anniversary of the game was a short while ago, and during the week of the anniversary Stud

Posted Images

My baby boy started daycare this week :cry:
I don't understand how people deal with this. I can't imagine sending my son off with strangers.
I don't understand how people deal with this. I can't imagine sending my son off with strangers.
I'm 50/50 on that. I made the decision before my son was born to leave a stable job at a school I'd been at for more than a dozen years and run by the same people who inspired my career choice. Went to a bigger school to make more money and allow my wife to stay home with 1 and then 2 kids. Wouldn't change that for the world. But then again, I spend a third of my day watching other's children and having a good time with them and making sure they learn and have fun and grow.

Then there are our friends up the road who have both kids in daycare from 6am - 6pm. When they have days off midweek, they still send the kids. One is working from home and the other is a firefighter that works like 2 days on, 4 days off, so they're honestly both home a lot, but keep sending the kids. They make like 3x my salary and have the big pool and big slide and 4x4s and boats and take long cruises, but I wonder what it's like for the kids.

Me, I've been home basically 24/7 with both my kids since early March and while I long to get back to work and a more recognizable routine, it's been good.

Luckily I've always been in a position to have the choice. I know lots of people who don't have that choice.

I'm 50/50 on that. I made the decision before my son was born to leave a stable job at a school I'd been at for more than a dozen years and run by the same people who inspired my career choice. Went to a bigger school to make more money and allow my wife to stay home with 1 and then 2 kids. Wouldn't change that for the world. But then again, I spend a third of my day watching other's children and having a good time with them and making sure they learn and have fun and grow. 
Then there are our friends up the road who have both kids in daycare from 6am - 6pm. When they have days off midweek, they still send the kids. One is working from home and the other is a firefighter that works like 2 days on, 4 days off, so they're honestly both home a lot, but keep sending the kids. They make like 3x my salary and have the big pool and big slide and 4x4s and boats and take long cruises, but I wonder what it's like for the kids.

Me, I've been home basically 24/7 with both my kids since early March and while I long to get back to work and a more recognizable routine, it's been good.

Luckily I've always been in a position to have the choice. I know lots of people who don't have that choice.
I mean, I dont judge anyone who uses daycare...do what you gotta do and theres something to be said for giving kids the social interaction.

But that's my baby.

I also don't understand how people deal with sending their kids off to school for the first time. We've just gotten him to start sleeping in his own bed and I already miss him.
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, AustNerevar said:
15 hours ago, cprmauldin said:
My baby boy started daycare this week :cry:

I truly wish I had a choice.

3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Yeah that sounds like they have a choice, at least part of the time. We, unfortunately, do not. Gotta make money to live. 

3 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

I mean, I dont judge anyone who uses daycare...do what you gotta do and theres something to be said for giving kids the social interaction.

But that's my baby.

I also don't understand how people deal with sending their kids off to school for the first time. We've just gotten him to start sleeping in his own bed and I already miss him.

Yep. It's awful, but luckily, he will be going 3 days per week maximum. So at least he isn't spending the majority of the week with strangers. 

I also discussed this with his pediatrician who said 3 days should actually be kinda perfect for allowing him to develop social skills as he grows, while not being so much time that there will be attachment issues that develop. 

And of course when we get extra days off and have the opportunity to have him home, we will. 

Anyways, all it all its no fun, but it's necessary to survive. 

• Like 1

Found this by chance this morning. Octopus Garden is one of my favorite Beatles songs, and it surprisingly fits being combined with Super Mario 3D World’s credits music!

Well my sister in law tested positive for the ol' 'rona so my wife and I got tested today as a precaution. We both feel fine (other than my wife being pregnant and dealing with that) and my wife only saw her a couple days before she started feeling symptoms but ya know... I'm supposed to go back to my office for work on the 13th this month but that sure as #$*! isn't happening if I get a positive. 

• Like 1
Well my sister in law tested positive for the ol' 'rona so my wife and I got tested today as a precaution. We both feel fine (other than my wife being pregnant and dealing with that) and my wife only saw her a couple days before she started feeling symptoms but ya know... I'm supposed to go back to my office for work on the 13th this month but that sure as #$*! isn't happening if I get a positive. 
I feel like we might have to get tested next week. We've been pretty isolated, my wife & I, but now we're finishing 3 weeks with my parents in rural NC. My 19 year old cousin came up here and apparently partied with every local kid nightly coming home at 2-5am and telling us all the people her friend and her met. Then another cousin, my sister and all our families went to a diner in backwoods SC yesterday because no one wanted to pack a nice picnic lunch. Packed. 0 masks and the waiter loved getting close enough I could count his rotten teeth and the locals kept stopping by to talk to our party of 12.

My wife's dad is undergoing chemotherapy right now, so either we don't visit with him for 2 weeks or get tested to be sure we're not putting him at risk.
11 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I feel like we might have to get tested next week. We've been pretty isolated, my wife & I, but now we're finishing 3 weeks with my parents in rural NC. My 19 year old cousin came up here and apparently partied with every local kid nightly coming home at 2-5am and telling us all the people her friend and her met. Then another cousin, my sister and all our families went to a diner in backwoods SC yesterday because no one wanted to pack a nice picnic lunch. Packed. 0 masks and the waiter loved getting close enough I could count his rotten teeth and the locals kept stopping by to talk to our party of 12. emoji849.png

My wife's dad is undergoing chemotherapy right now, so either we don't visit with him for 2 weeks or get tested to be sure we're not putting him at risk.

God damn dude that sounds horrible. I would absolutely get tested. I've actually wanted to get tested for my peace of mind but didn't want to take a test away from someone that actually needed it. Hoping all goes well, I have to self quarantine until at least 7/9 if it's negative and 7/22 if it's positive. Hoping the world does me a favor and lets me out on my birthday, corona free.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

God damn dude that sounds horrible. I would absolutely get tested. I've actually wanted to get tested for my peace of mind but didn't want to take a test away from someone that actually needed it. Hoping all goes well, I have to self quarantine until at least 7/9 if it's negative and 7/22 if it's positive. Hoping the world does me a favor and lets me out on my birthday, corona free.

You’re also increasing your risk of exposing yourself to the virus just by getting tested, since you’ll be in a building full of people who could have it. I had to sign a release form at the dentist’s office yesterday because being in a hospital setting elevated my chances of getting COVID.

You’re also increasing your risk of exposing yourself to the virus just by getting tested, since you’ll be in a building full of people who could have it. I had to sign a release form at the dentist’s office yesterday because being in a hospital setting elevated my chances of getting COVID.
Just gotta wear a mask and avoid licking the doorknobs. Not much else you can do.

I really need to go to the dentist but I've been putting it off until our case rates go down.
6 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Just gotta wear a mask and avoid licking the doorknobs. Not much else you can do.

I really need to go to the dentist but I've been putting it off until our case rates go down.

Take it from me, don’t put it off if there’s an issue. I almost waited too long so instead of one quick visit, maybe two, I’ll be going four times in as many months.

1 hour ago, eal said:

I went through a CVS drivethrough and haven't been anywhere since. Home iced coffee is never as good as Dunkins...even if it's Dunkins K-Cups.

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I went through a CVS drivethrough and haven't been anywhere since. Home iced coffee is never as good as Dunkins...even if it's Dunkins K-Cups.

I shamed myself at a Dunkins drive-up when I accidentally handed them my Barnes & Noble card instead of my debit card so now I don’t wanna go to any drive-ups anymore.

All ours in FL seem to be drive-up. You pull up, roll down the window, get 2 nostrils impaled & away you go!

Posted (edited)

Nevermind.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Fell down the van life YouTuber rabbit hole again. Seems like a lotta work to me, honestly.

I’m sad EVO Online was canceled. It was already bad that EVO 2020 was canceled due to COVID, but now EVO Online was canceled entirely due to “stuff,” involving one of the top guys who organizes everything.

I was looking forward to watching the tournaments on my weekends off this month.

• Like 1

Lots of sexual assalut and misconduct stuff going around the gaming community all June long. Been seeing a ton of stuff talked about on RPGamer backchannels since a couple staff work in the industry and especially from those that are dealing with a lot of the fallout since they work as PR people.

Time to weed out trash all around: racists & predators.

53 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Lots of sexual assalut and misconduct stuff going around the gaming community all June long. Been seeing a ton of stuff talked about on RPGamer backchannels since a couple staff work in the industry and especially from those that are dealing with a lot of the fallout since they work as PR people.

PR people being sleazy? The DEVIL, you say?!

All it takes is one person and everyone who stayed quiet for fear of consequences in their career suddenly finds a voice. The Twitch community had its moment last week, the Smash Bros. community has a lot of allegations coming out, Jim Sterling did a video on Ubisoft’s controversies. There’s too many to keep track of.

• Like 1
On 7/2/2020 at 10:50 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’m sad EVO Online was canceled. It was already bad that EVO 2020 was canceled due to COVID, but now EVO Online was canceled entirely due to “stuff,” involving one of the top guys who organizes everything.

I was looking forward to watching the tournaments on my weekends off this month.

Saw this post with "EVO cancelled" and looked it up

holy freaking crap what the hell

I went on a 3 day vacation, that happens, government says "just gotta live with corona!", Kanye is running for president. the hell

2 hours ago, Fates said:

Saw this post with "EVO cancelled" and looked it up

holy freaking crap what the hell

I went on a 3 day vacation, that happens, government says "just gotta live with corona!", Kanye is running for president. the hell

It feels like every time I go on my phone there’s a new article about some gross creeper getting caught and called out for being a terrible person. I’m glad the most involved I am in a community is this forum. 

• Like 1
It feels like every time I go on my phone there’s a new article about some gross creeper getting caught and called out for being a terrible person. I’m glad the most involved I am in a community is this forum. 
And here we are reading Prison School and playing Senren Kagura. The news will track us down sooner or later.