Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Building a PC is a pretty straightforward affair. Just make sure to seat the RAM all the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • YangustheLegendaryBandit

    2142

  • eal

    2117

  • Democrobot

    1687

  • Plattym3

    1367

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Got good news this morning! Thank goodness! That’s a huge sigh of relief.

Posted Images

Building a PC is a pretty straightforward affair. Just make sure to seat the RAM all the way.
It definitely isn't difficult, but that's far from the most important thing XD.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2020 at 4:34 PM, AustNerevar said:

It definitely isn't difficult, but that's far from the most important thing XD.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

True, it's not the most important thing, but it is the mistake I see most frequently with new builds that won't boot. 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2020 at 4:25 PM, GrandAlchemist said:

Building a PC is a pretty straightforward affair. Just make sure to seat the RAM all the way.

Fun story. I went to a secondary school for Information Technology. During the first time we had to assemble and maintain computers, I was half asleep from playing video games all night. i half seated a stick of RAM to go handle something else. Someone turned the computer on (or it might have been me, I don't remember). And soon enough smoke was coming out of the computer. Wasn't too damaging on the other parts and was a cheap computer. But that stupid mistake (especially since I had experience before this) is probably the one thing that randomly pops in my mind and makes me cringe and embarrassed. Since then, i try to get proper sleep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Twinkie said:

 

Forget this post, I was responding to something I misread.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Fun story. I went to a secondary school for Information Technology. During the first time we had to assemble and maintain computers, I was half asleep from playing video games all night. i half seated a stick of RAM to go handle something else. Someone turned the computer on (or it might have been me, I don't remember). And soon enough smoke was coming out of the computer. Wasn't too damaging on the other parts and was a cheap computer. But that stupid mistake (especially since I had experience before this) is probably the one thing that randomly pops in my mind and makes me cringe and embarrassed. Since then, i try to get proper sleep.

Aaaaand this is enough to make me scared to try. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the span of the past 24 hours, an opportunity arose at my school and it's looking likely my wife will be offered a job there tomorrow. Great news normally, but it's like 5 days before we go to work.

We've got 5 days to switch Plattym5's registration to my school, find babysitting for Plattym4 (because his public school starts 3 weeks after mine), have my wife get all her paperwork done, buy uniforms for the young one, finish potty training Plattym5, and now everyone needs to get used to waking up at 6am, not the 9-10am that's become norm for the past 140 days.

I have no idea how this is going to all happen, but somehow it is. We know a million other people do it, but man we weren't planning this at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Aaaaand this is enough to make me scared to try. 

As long as you do some research, and take precautions it should be fine. You just gotta make sure you are grounded and know how to handle them properly. It is pretty much putting item 'A' into the 'A' slot.

My story is dumb mostly on the grounds that it is impossible to put in RAM sticks the wrong way. I tried to push it down into the slot the wrong way, but I was too tired to really take notice of it. So it was sitting at an upwards angle in the slot. You know it will when it is connected when you hear the clicking of the two tabs on the side of the slot. Since it was at an angle AND in the wrong direction, contact points were connected to where they shouldn't be to begin with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was going through my photos. Found a picture of a Nintendo gift card code I bought years ago. Tried to redeem it and there was money on it! Now I have $20 to play around with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a pretty good low key birthday today. I was busy all day yesterday but got a surprise pizza party yesterday and a cool birthday cake in the evening, and got a few new games and t-shirts today. Been taking it easy today and have been playing Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. With how busy my July was (and how busy my August is gonna be because of work) I’ve taken a few days off until later this week since I haven’t taken an actual vacation from work. Plus I had a lot of PTO time that I would have lost so definitely using that! Haha

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Had a pretty good low key birthday today. I was busy all day yesterday but got a surprise pizza party yesterday and a cool birthday cake in the evening, and got a few new games and t-shirts today. Been taking it easy today and have been playing Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. With how busy my July was (and how busy my August is gonna be because of work) I’ve taken a few days off until later this week since I haven’t taken an actual vacation from work. Plus I had a lot of PTO time that I would have lost so definitely using that! Haha

I was thinking about getting Definitive Edition, but then I remembered I never finished it on the 3DS, so I'll just restart that one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

I was thinking about getting Definitive Edition, but then I remembered I never finished it on the 3DS, so I'll just restart that one. 

spacer.png

 

I was surprised the copy I got as a gift was the collector’s edition. The covers on the artbook look pretty sweet, but I’m not going to look through it until I beat the game. Don’t want to accidentally spoil something I don’t know about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
I was thinking about getting Definitive Edition, but then I remembered I never finished it on the 3DS, so I'll just restart that one. 
I'd had that 3DS bookmarked for a price drop for a year. Looked at it today (as I've received many notifications over the months) and it's selling for almost half what it was a year ago, actually even less. From what I've seen of the Definitive Edition, I've passed on the 3DS copy. Then again, it's not like I'd get around to it. Then again, I'd probably play the copy I already own if I did.
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:
I was thinking about getting Definitive Edition, but then I remembered I never finished it on the 3DS, so I'll just restart that one. 

I'd had that 3DS bookmarked for a price drop for a year. Looked at it today (as I've received many notifications over the months) and it's selling for almost half what it was a year ago, actually even less. From what I've seen of the Definitive Edition, I've passed on the 3DS copy. Then again, it's not like I'd get around to it. Then again, I'd probably play the copy I already own if I did.

That was pretty much my thought process as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it’s certainly been an interesting day. We had a severe thunderstorm roll through at work this morning so we had to send everyone to the back corner since we have huge windows. That lasted about an hour or so and man, it was crazy to watch outside with what the weather was doing. 2 hours later we had a brown out which caused half of our lights in the store to flicker on and off essentially giving it a strobe light/rave effect throughout the building until finally the black out happened 15 minutes later. We ended up leaving work 4 hours early and man, the weather was not kind to a lot of places on my drive home. Apparently the winds got to 78 MPH, and it definitely looked like that was the case.

No electricity here at home, which could mean a big grocery run depending on how long the electricity has been out. From what I was told it’s been off since 11 in the town I live in. Between Thursday, all of Tax Free Weekend and today, it’s been a nucking futs 5 days of work. Tomorrow will be day 6 so I imagine tomorrow I’ll see stuff like leprechauns and unicorns and so forth go flying through the skies.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well it’s certainly been an interesting day. We had a severe thunderstorm roll through at work this morning so we had to send everyone to the back corner since we have huge windows. That lasted about an hour or so and man, it was crazy to watch outside with what the weather was doing. 2 hours later we had a brown out which caused half of our lights in the store to flicker on and off essentially giving it a strobe light/rave effect throughout the building until finally the black out happened 15 minutes later. We ended up leaving work 4 hours early and man, the weather was not kind to a lot of places on my drive home. Apparently the winds got to 78 MPH, and it definitely looked like that was the case.

No electricity here at home, which could mean a big grocery run depending on how long the electricity has been out. From what I was told it’s been off since 11 in the town I live in. Between Thursday, all of Tax Free Weekend and today, it’s been a nucking futs 5 days of work. Tomorrow will be day 6 so I imagine tomorrow I’ll see stuff like leprechauns and unicorns and so forth go flying through the skies.

Haha! What is your poison for weeks like that?

Coffee or Energy Drinks?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Haha! What is your poison for weeks like that?

Coffee or Energy Drinks?

Neither. If I drink caffeine it comes from pop/soda.

Link to post
Share on other sites



pop


I happen to like you. Please don't make me change my mind.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:


 

 


I happen to like you. Please don't make me change my mind.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

 

What? We call it pop in Iowa.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

What? We call it pop in Iowa.

spacer.png

Well, in America we say “soda.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eal said:

Well, in America we say “soda.”

spacer.png

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been borrowing a vehicle from a friend for about a year now. (Was going to be a shorter period but I've been laid off twice since then, so the money I was saving for my own car went to survival instead.) It's tags expired a couple months ago so I haven't been able to drive it. I really need it for a job opportunity but the owner isn't in any hurry to get the registration renewed. Is there something I can do about this? The owner is still fine with me using the car, he just can't be bothered to deal with the paperwork (he already had it sent to him, ignored it for weeks, and lost it, and had to order it again, and now I can't reach him because he is never awake at a consistent time of day/night).

Link to post
Share on other sites
I've been borrowing a vehicle from a friend for about a year now. (Was going to be a shorter period but I've been laid off twice since then, so the money I was saving for my own car went to survival instead.) It's tags expired a couple months ago so I haven't been able to drive it. I really need it for a job opportunity but the owner isn't in any hurry to get the registration renewed. Is there something I can do about this? The owner is still fine with me using the car, he just can't be bothered to deal with the paperwork (he already had it sent to him, ignored it for weeks, and lost it, and had to order it again, and now I can't reach him because he is never awake at a consistent time of day/night).
I always have done mine online. I want to say all I needed was the VIN, but since he's had it sent to him, there's the distinct possibly he has a form with some code. Depends on what your state wants.
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, eal said:

Well, in America we say “soda.”

Unless you live in Atlanta, then everything is a Coke,

And I second the pop, and I eat my grilled cheese with ketchup too ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Unless you live in Atlanta, then everything is a Coke,

And I second the pop, and I eat my grilled cheese with ketchup too ;)

I was going to bring this up!!

 

Crazy to me. Its soda over here in Cali, but in the rural north, where I grew up, lot's of people call it pop.

Edited by cprmauldin
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...