Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Damn. Hit me hard hearing Zac Bertschy died. I listened to the podcast he hosted for Anime News Network religiously for the last 5 years and really valued his opinions on shows and movies. I’m just really shocked and sad to hear it.

5 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The GBA version of Mother 1 does have an Easy Ring (or something similar to it) that lowers the overall game difficulty. Pretty sure it increases the EXP and money you earn. I’m not telling you that because you should avoid it, but because it’s REALLY helpful for the later parts of the game. Mother 1 unfortunately was rushed towards the end of development, with Shigesato Itoi and the dev team not properly testing it. So the end game monsters are...well, if you ever played the NES version of Dragon Quest II, it’s on the scale of The Cave to Rhône and what follows that. End game monsters in another 1 are brutal, even for an NES era RPG.

Can’t comment much on the GBA version of Earthbound/Mother 2, but other than the sound quality likely not being as good as the original, the game is a great SNES era RPG and is one of my favorite games.

Mother 3 is great too. Loved the story telling in the game and how it makes for a satisfying ending to the series as a whole. If you play the other games first, you’ll appreciate a lot of the nods found in the 3rd game. But even if someone jumps into Mother 3 first, they wouldn’t be lost or missing something from the first two games. It’s like DQ or Final Fantasy where, having played other games from the series, you’ll appreciate little details here and there while playing.

Sorry, went off a bit too long there. The Mother/Earthbound series is one of my favorite RPG franchises. 

I've literally made game purchases based upon your tangents, Yangus. So don't be shy :).

I'm looking for some new and unique stuff to play, so there is a decent chance I will pick up all 3

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Wow, that $13 Caravan Hearts is now $23!

Maybe because I bought the last one that was 13 :D

• Like 1

What's new with me? Well...I'm back to work after the furlough and making less than I was on unemployment. I'm doing 40 hours of busywork as opposed to waking up at noon and playing video games until 2am. I got a sealed copy of Dragon Warrior 7 and started playing the 3DS version again. I'm looking at a new car tomorrow. Oh, and my wife is pregnant. 

• Like 1

I’m glad Tuca and Bertie got picked up by Adult Swim and will be back for another season in 2021. I still don’t know why Netflix dropped the show, as it was pretty good. It was reminiscent of Bojack Horseman (not just in terms of animation style) but had its own charms and characterization, and much like any new season of Bojack, was one of the few times I binged watched a show on Netflix. Hopefully the show will find success on Adult Swim now.

What's new with me? Well...I'm back to work after the furlough and making less than I was on unemployment. I'm doing 40 hours of busywork as opposed to waking up at noon and playing video games until 2am. I got a sealed copy of Dragon Warrior 7 and started playing the 3DS version again. I'm looking at a new car tomorrow. Oh, and my wife is pregnant. 
Congratulations! DQ7 is wonderful, awesome news!

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

making less than I was on unemployment.

This is every job I've ever had. I was literally happier and more wealthy unemployed than I am now. How does one find a job that actually pays a living, without the funds to go to college or even a technical school?

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

24 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

This is every job I've ever had. I was literally happier and more wealthy unemployed than I am now. How does one find a job that actually pays a living, without the funds to go to college or even a technical school?

Seriously. I'm still working from home for now so I'd rather make more and play video games all day than do busywork for 40 hours a week and make less.

16 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Seriously. I'm still working from home for now so I'd rather make more and play video games all day than do busywork for 40 hours a week and make less.

That’s how it’s gonna be when I go back to work too. Kind of sad that not working is getting me more money. 🤣

13 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
22 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Congratulations! DQ7 is wonderful, awesome news!

Totally! Maybe now I'll finish off the series.

Totally! Maybe now I'll finish off the series.
The question is, before or after baby?

Trust me, get yourself a nice, long grindy game (like DQ7) you can play on 3DS all ready for when the baby comes. I know I pretty much played all 150 hours of my Bravely games sitting in the same recliner rocking Plattym5 (back) to sleep.

11 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

The question is, before or after baby? emoji848.png

Trust me, get yourself a nice, long grindy game (like DQ7) you can play on 3DS all ready for when the baby comes. I know I pretty much played all 150 hours of my Bravely games sitting in the same recliner rocking Plattym5 (back) to sleep.

We're looking at December 31st being the due date so hopefully before! I asked her if I should change my screen names to DaddySlimeStar now. She said no.

• Like 2

The question is, before or after baby?

I was fortunate that when my son was born, Dragon Quest XI came out. Paternity leave started on August 19th and ended October 1st. So in was able to complete all of DQXI before going back to work.

Guys, I need some help. I've been considering joining a theatre or drama group, but I don't know how to find one or how to join. I loved performing in school productions as a kid and one of the things I've always wanted to do was act in a more professional setting. Unfortunately, my parents despised the idea of me joining the theatre club or either of the school bands (because it was "nerdy") and forced me to wrestle instead (which I absolutely hated). One year I actually got into the theatre club but my dad stormed into the counselor's office and made her change my classes before I could start. Anyway, now that my dad has passed away and my b***h of a stepmother is out of my life, I'm theoretically free to do what I want, but I don't even know how to find a group. Google is only showing me theatres and no clubs or other acting organizations.

My other worry is that I'm inexperienced, as I was not allowed to pursue this in school. Everywhere I read says you have to start in high school, I can't find any resources for beginner actors to get started outside of school.

I really need something to do. I'm trapped in poverty with no friend group (at least in the physical realm) and no future. I'm at my wit's end and for once I just want to do something that actually matters to me rather than the person who barely pays me minimum wage for a boring, unethical job (another problem I'm hoping to solve is my lack of network - if I can meet new people maybe I can find a job that doesn't make me want to cast Thwack - or worse, Kamikazee - on an hourly basis).

Guys, I need some help. I've been considering joining a theatre or drama group, but I don't know how to find one or how to join. I loved performing in school productions as a kid and one of the things I've always wanted to do was act in a more professional setting. Unfortunately, my parents despised the idea of me joining the theatre club or either of the school bands (because it was "nerdy") and forced me to wrestle instead (which I absolutely hated). One year I actually got into the theatre club but my dad stormed into the counselor's office and made her change my classes before I could start. Anyway, now that my dad has passed away and my b***h of a stepmother is out of my life, I'm theoretically free to do what I want, but I don't even know how to find a group. Google is only showing me theatres and no clubs or other acting organizations.

My other worry is that I'm inexperienced, as I was not allowed to pursue this in school. Everywhere I read says you have to start in high school, I can't find any resources for beginner actors to get started outside of school.

I really need something to do. I'm trapped in poverty with no friend group (at least in the physical realm) and no future. I'm at my wit's end and for once I just want to do something that actually matters to me rather than the person who barely pays me minimum wage for a boring, unethical job (another problem I'm hoping to solve is my lack of network - if I can meet new people maybe I can find a job that doesn't make me want to cast Thwack - or worse, Kamikazee - on an hourly basis).
Call those theaters! I just Google'd "local community theater near me" and the theaters it showed me were ones that I know our school has performed at in the past and a buddy. Sure, likely the theater itself won't necessarily have a group, but they'd be great to ask what groups perform there and get some names and numbers.

This might help too: https://www.meetup.com/topics/community-theatre/

When I met my wife 9 years ago, her father had just been offered a years severance as his corporate job was downsized. He was a bit depressed and had some other symptoms that were discovered to come from a gigantic brain tumor. It was actually sitting in the hospital for days on end in the fall of 2011 that brought me back to the Den (after 2.5 years away) as the waiting was so long and Joker 2 had just been announced. I asked him for permission to ask his daughter to marry me while he was a frail shell of himself and he said that was a highlight and one of the last things he remembered before treatment began and he lost 2 months of memory.

By mid-February 2012, all was well. His treatment worked very well and soon he'd be out looking for a new job and all has been well for 8 years.

Last week my mother-in-law told my wife her dad was having double vision. My wife immediately panicked, thinking the cancer was back, and sadly it seems she was right. Yesterday he had an MRI and was checked in to the hospital due to he's falling down and a bit disoriented. Sure enough, there's a 1/2" something dead center in his brain. It's going to be a rough summer. Rougher with all the restrictions in place, he can only have 1 visitor per day in the hospital and the waiting rooms aren't open. I think some family will be coming to town next week and staying a while. Gonna make an effort to be the cook and babysitter a bunch, but realistically with only 1 person allowed to go to the hospital daily, it's just going to just feel like a slightly larger quarantine at home.

I decided to delete Facebook off my phone. Too much political stuff being posted, and honestly I don’t use Facebook much anymore as it is. I just use the Messenger part of it anyway.

^ I’m not even on Twitter and I literally can’t stop looking at it. It’s an endless loop. Everyone is filming, so everyone is posting new stuff all day, and retweeting and signal boosting other videos. You watch them and more are in the replies. I must have seen hundreds of videos over the last few days. Everything breaks my heart, but it’s important to stay informed. I thought Saturday would be the peak but it keeps escalating.

I am just sticking to my typical Discord servers and texting for now. I understand the need to talk about politics right now. But I am seeing so much of it being shoved into areas where they shouldn't be.

RPG facebook fan groups shouldn't be having those kind of discussions. It is just absurd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I am just sticking to my typical Discord servers and texting for now. I understand the need to talk about politics right now. But I am seeing so much of it being shoved into areas where they shouldn't be.

RPG facebook fan groups shouldn't be having those kind of discussions. It is just absurd.

And that’s part of why I deleted Facebook from my phone.

14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I decided to delete Facebook off my phone. Too much political stuff being posted, and honestly I don’t use Facebook much anymore as it is. I just use the Messenger part of it anyway.

Did this years ago. Really, really wish I could just delete my account but I have friends without cell phones.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Smart move. I deactivated my account at the beginning of the year and finally went back in April when I just wanted a different feed than Twitter and Reddit. I actually signed out of Twitter today to stop myself from looking at it constantly. The internet is a dumpster fire nowadays.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

And that’s part of why I deleted Facebook from my phone.

I should take from your wisdom and do the same.

But how else will I reminisce about the past and regret my bad decision making?

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 7:02 PM, DrippySlimeStar said:

WOOOOOO!

Congrats! I just had my first in March. 

12 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

WOOOOOO!

Congrats! I just had my first in March. 

Thank you! She had her first ultrasound today and they think she may be 9 weeks. Thankfully there's only one lol! She's a twin so everyone has been joking that we'll have twins. I wasn't able to go because of COVID so I'm pretty upset I wasn't there for such a big moment.

• Like 1