Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Yeah, sorry dude. An "I don't know" tends to mean she just doesn't want to hurt your feelings, but that she isn't interested and doesn't know what to say to let you down easy. This idea is further supported by her changing the subject.

I had a similar situation with a girl I really liked (and really liked is an understatement). It took everything I had to build up the courage, we even had an amazing night that I had planned, with just the two of us hanging out, going to a unique comedy show that I knew she would really enjoy. I was going to ask her out after the show as I walked her to the subway (citing that I wanted to see her more often and take her out on a date, being flat out honest and serious so she knew I wasn't kidding). The set up was perfect, but when I asked her out she got nervous and said, "okay," but it was a response that was so loaded with apprehension that I could tell she was just trying to be nice. As amazing as that "okay" felt the split second she said it, I had to pry to get her to admit she really wasn't interested in me more than being friends. It really sucks, but that's how it goes, sometimes.

You also might not know what demons the other person has. This girl I mentioned above is beautiful, but I've known her a long time now, and she hasn't had a steady boyfriend since college (presumably a time when she was in a psychologically damaging relationship). We're in our mid 30s at this point and from what I've heard she hasn't changed, so that was a red flag I should have seen when I was younger.

Don't give up, though. I've been with my current girlfriend now for almost 2 years, so things do work out on occasion, eventually.

• Upvote 1

Went to the University of Alberta today (not sure how many of you know about it, but it is a pretty big deal in Canada). I wasn't able to get any pamphlets about courses, but I did get to have liquid nitrogen poured onto my hand after using a spectroscope and an electron gun.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day to say the least. I will either succeed in my quest or I will wind up a bloody corpse. Stay tuned.

While the topic of girls is being floated around, I've lately lost the ability to really care about dating. Except when I see the girl, then it comes back until she leaves. Maybe it is the recent lack of sleep I've been experiencing or maybe it could be that I'm forging a better relationship with her friend at this point (she will actually acknowledge me more often). I shall call the first girl "Brunette Girl" because of her hair and the second girl shall be known as "Anime Girl" because of her love for anime.

This evening I may or may not have taught some senior citizens how to twerk.

There might be pictures.

• Upvote 1

And you'll probably be posting them soon.

0cf2a1548c7caeea095749b71e42f76422af0e5d

Unfortunately, there's only one pic so far and a video that starts right after the action stopped. She actually twerked with me a bunch. I've no idea who she is.

IdOU8Dd.jpg

Hope you at least got her number.

• Upvote 1

DQ1 is giving you diabetes and heart disease?

• Upvote 1

Started "Dead Week" at school until Finals next week.  It'll be nice having some days without classes so I can focus on revising my papers/essays and get some relaxation in to boot.

I got kicked out of my house

That's unfortunate and I hope things work out for you but dude, there's such a thing as oversharing.

That's unfortunate and I hope things work out for you but dude, there's such a thing as oversharing.

Don't be a d*ck, dude. I don't want the forum to be a pity party, but it sounds like Demo's been having a pretty rough time lately.

Honestly, I'm not. But sometimes people over share way to much of there personal problems and it completey derails a conversation. Who wants to follow a post that goes, "I was kicked out of my house" with "I passed my final exams today" or something. My post and your post have been the only two posts on this topic in the last 12 hours.

People share a lot on here. We know about each other's dating situations, marriages, children, lost jobs, and divorces, but what we don't need to have shared here are things like hearing your parent's having sex or being kicked out.

Sorry if I have to be that guy but even still I I'm being honest when I say I do feel bad for him and i hope hes able to work it out. It's just that we're all a group of people on the Internet united by a common love for Dragon Quest. This is a problem that needs to be discussed with friends and relatives, not people on an internet forum for a video game franchise.

• Upvote 3

I'm gonna have to agree with eal.  It sucks what happened to Democrobot and I do feel bad for him, but that's the sort of thing you don't/shouldn't share with people on a forum site.

• Upvote 1

Anyway... I just started playing Hyrule Warriors and I loved it (I'm a big Zelda fan). I don't know who's my favorite character though. Can't wait to get the DLC. :D

I ate a taco today. It was great. And I had fish today for dinner. It was amazing.

Honestly, I'm not. But sometimes people over share way to much of there personal problems and it completey derails a conversation. Who wants to follow a post that goes, "I was kicked out of my house" with "I passed my final exams today" or something. My post and your post have been the only two posts on this topic in the last 12 hours.

People share a lot on here. We know about each other's dating situations, marriages, children, lost jobs, and divorces, but what we don't need to have shared here are things like hearing your parent's having sex or being kicked out.

Sorry if I have to be that guy but even still I I'm being honest when I say I do feel bad for him and i hope hes able to work it out. It's just that we're all a group of people on the Internet united by a common love for Dragon Quest. This is a problem that needs to be discussed with friends and relatives, not people on an internet forum for a video game franchise.

While I don't feel this situation was over-sharing (considering how broad the topic is), I do feel that hearing-his-parents-having-sex thing was a bit too much...

Sorry if that sounds wierd. I can't grammar today.

The more Doug Benson appears on my TV screen, the more I want to hit him in the face.

Doug Benson is funny though.

No he's not. All he does is get high and talk with his eyes closed about being high.

Oh goddess, Doug Benson.  Whenever he's on @Midnight it's cringe worthy.  He just isn't funny, and he always seems like he's out if it whenever he's on.

I mean, it's pretty obvious he's high when he's on the show. It's kinda what he does.

Yeah, seeing his dumb ass again on @Midnight was what caused the cans.wav. I like Kurt Braunohler, but I can't finish the episode. They were having such a good week with Mamrie Hart and Rhys Darby, too.

While I'm not a big fan of drug humor, there are people who can still be entertaining. Benson's just a douche whose act is nothing but, "I SMOKED A LOT OF POT!! DEEEERRRRRRRRRPPPPPPP!!"

Hah. I don't find him funny, but I recognize that he's for a stoner audience.

Weird Al is one of my favorite @midnight guests. I haven't watched it in awhile, though. I used to compete in the hashtag wars regularly, but trying to get the show's attention with a joke is difficult when you're competing with 50,000 people. Plus some of the ones that they do pick for their top 10 are awful, and seeing garbage jokes getting picked regularly can be super discouraging.

I tried to get tickets when I was out in LA last March, but unfortunately I was visiting during a week when both @midnight and Conan were on hiatus.

A few months back, Mamrie Hart went up against Weird Al...and won! I didn't know who to root for!