Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Posted (edited)

</fail>

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I'm somehow alive

but I need a vacation.

I miss this place. Too much twitter has screwed with my brains.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fates said:

I'm somehow alive

Is this why you chose a ghost-type trainer for your new avatar?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, eal said:

Is this why you chose a ghost-type trainer for your new avatar?

yes but the compression made it very fuzzy so I replaced it with Acerola.

I've been on work from home for 3 weeks. I've been *working* about 85% of that entire time period. Not the normal 40hr shift. But all of the time. I am getting two companies set up to shift operations remote. This has been 95% successful, thankfully.... but I am exhausted.

I live in a city, all kinds of lockdowns in place, all the restaurants are only doing carry out or closing up... some permanently.

as far as my time on twitter... yeah no. I just cant anymore. too many egos. complete distortion of any kind of reasonable discourse on really anything. I quit. I met my fiance there that was the high point.

Edited by Fates
  • Like 1

I've been on work from home for 3 weeks. I've been *working* about 85% of that entire time period. Not the normal 40hr shift. But all of the time. I am getting two companies set up to shift operations remote. This has been 95% successful, thankfully.... but I am exhausted.
I live in a city, all kinds of lockdowns in place, all the restaurants are only doing carry out or closing up... some permanently.

as far as my time on twitter... yeah no. I just cant anymore. too many egos. complete distortion of any kind of reasonable discourse on really anything. I quit. I met my fiance there that was the high point.
Wait. That last sentence. That needs more explanation!

40 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, Fates said:

Wait. That last sentence. That needs more explanation!

Subtweeted a post from a Sailor Moon fan profile in October of 2018, she commented, it went from there. Distance is a factor, but we're not that far apart and see eachother a lot, but the virus has complicated that for now. Proposed last October, her birthday. Still working on the rest, but right now we're just trying to stay healthy 

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Fates said:

Subtweeted a post from a Sailor Moon fan profile in October of 2018, she commented, it went from there. 

Literally all I know is that she apparently likes Sailor Moon but with that limited knowledge I can safely say she’s a keeper, chief. 👍🏻 I always enjoy stories about people that meet their significant other on the Internet.

Edited by eal

Mostly playing Animal Crossing and doing art these days. The stress of the pandemic is causing my other mental illnesses to act up more

18 hours ago, eal said:

Literally all I know is that she apparently likes Sailor Moon but with that limited knowledge I can safely say she’s a keeper, chief. 👍🏻 I always enjoy stories about people that meet their significant other on the Internet.

I know of literally no other person that ever has. None. Nope. Never.

For them, it was Fate(s)

So I've been up since like 5:30 still waiting to eat breakfast/coffee due to two companies blowing up my phone and email

Best thing is the kitchen is a few feet to my right (I set up in the living room for multiple displays)

this pandemic thing has gots to go

• Like 1

If you're looking for something fun to do, go to your local police blotter site and put Snapchat filters on the mugshots.

• Like 1

Man, early Sega Genesis games are tough. I’ve been playing my Genesis Mini some this morning and it’s kind of crazy that these difficult games were the norm back then. Games like Altered Beast, Strider, and (shockingly) Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse have some difficulty to them. Thankfully you can make save states, but I have to give respect to people who grew up on the system/games and didn’t have that kind of feature, especially for the early games. I’m having fun with the games and the Genesis Mini again regardless, but hoooooo boy. Glad that it seems like the games from ‘92 onwards tone things down. The 16-bit era of gaming is the one that fascinates me the most. Could be because the first game I played was Super Mario World on the SNES, but I’m not 100% sure.

Also, I love the main menu music for this thing. Yuzo Koshiro did an excellent job with the medley of songs he put together.

Posted (edited)

ObjLoaderProof.thumb.png.92e262a18a81fb7b3aa1db8ae2f7af03.png

The cylinders are generated on the spot and the slimes are just sprites... But I finally figured out how to load actual 3D models! (Kind of... This is the only one I've tried that doesn't crash the "game".)

(I don't have a material importer yet, this is why Crash is a solid colour.)

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • Like 1

Got a text from my girlfriend at 2AM. Thought something was wrong. It was just this.

It turns out my .obj importer is "correct" and the files that didn't work don't follow the spec to a T (I'm told .obj is a really "loose" format).

That said the fact that the format is so loose means that a "good" importer would be flexible enough to handle the differences. So I'm still a garbage coder.

• Like 1

Got a text from my girlfriend at 2AM. Thought something was wrong. It was just this.

1st thought - booty call!

2nd thought - It's like you're made for each other.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Who’s ready to have a bad time?

Seriously, this is a genuinely good remix of the Megalovania song using different styles of music from...well, Wii Music. This guy has some pretty good stuff on YouTube.

Also, enjoy Flight of the Krabby Patty.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

This is the lamest thing ever but Love Live! SIF is doing way too many promotions at once and two of them are called Limited Scouting Boxes. Basically, there are 100 cards in total and there is just one UR rated card but you know what it is (and oftentimes you get to pick the card). The chance of getting it is 1.11% based solely on its rarity, but obviously your chances go up the more cards you empty from the finite pool. You can give up 50 pieces of premium currency for 11 cards, 5 for 1 card, or use a Scouting Ticket, which gives you one card.

Okay, with all that preamble out of the way, I was working on the Limited Scouting Boxes for Maki because I like that UR rated card, but I was doing it exclusively through Scouting Tickets since I build up a huge stockpile specifically for these promotions. I burn through the whole pile and don’t get the card, but they’re doing so many promotions that two more of these Scouting Tickets are dumped on me tonight just for playing the game.

They have also added in a new set of Limited Box Scoutings celebrating the addition of two new UR cards, one of which is really catching my eye, the one for Nozomi. I decide to completely abandon my progress on Maki since it ends tomorrow and shift towards Nozomi, and wouldn’t you know it, I use my first Scouting Ticket on my first try on the Nozomi box and I get the UR. There was literally a 1.11% chance of this happening.

• Like 1

Sweeeeet. The Trials of Mana soundtrack, both the original Super Famicom and the new remake soundtrack, have been added to iTunes. I’ve really liked the original’s music as it makes some interesting use of the Super Famicom’s soundchip (particularly how drum beats sound so sharp but add a strong backing layer to pieces) and some of the remake’s music is damn good orchestral stuff. “Child of Meridian,” was already a great song in the original and worked as the hypothetical main theme of the game, but the remake’s version of the song...MMMMMMMMMM is it good. Playing the demo, it totally works at the title screen theme to pump you up for the game.

https://www.siliconera.com/trials-of-mana-soundtrack-available/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bururian said:

Should I change my avatar?

What are you considering as options?

The top of my head started balding when I was 13, before I could grow the first specks of a beard. 11 years later I barely have any hair on the top of my head, and now my beard is falling out.

I thought this crap wasn't supposed to start until you're in your 40s.

• Like 1

So the government cut off my pay and when I tried to contact them they hung up on me. Needless to say I'm in a bitter mood

1 hour ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

The top of my head started balding when I was 13, before I could grow the first specks of a beard. 11 years later I barely have any hair on the top of my head, and now my beard is falling out.

I thought this crap wasn't supposed to start until you're in your 40s.

You can go for the Morrie look

• Like 1

So I managed to get my money situation figured out. I get paid on Tuesday.

For my YouTube I'll be working on a podcast discussing different gaming things and whatnot. It's meant more to be chill and just to have fun with my friends. Hopefully weekly uploads will happen. I'm also in a Pokemon draft league so I'll be able to upload content for that as well. Going to try and make a streaming schedule too but that can be a bit tricky.

• Like 1