Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

I wish I could stream but I barely have internet at all.

Massachusetts has declared a stay-in order and all non-essential businesses are to close.

...I work for an essential business. RIP.

To update on chasing people dressed as Joker...

Now people are taking their health more seriously. That's perfectly reasonable and I can respect that. However...

This morning I encountered a lady at the grocery store. Mid 50s. She had gloves and wipes. She was wiping down everything in her cart, her cart every time she touched it, and every piece of produce on the shelf. I picked up some bananas and began to walk past her keeping a reasonable distance. She squeaked at me.

Squeaked.

Then she did this little hand push gesture. Kind of like Kidz Bop Karen, but towards me instead of up and down. So I made a little more space, started walking, and she squeaked again.

"N! N! N-no! NO!" Then she pushed her cart towards me!"

I calmly said, "You are being silly." Chances are this lady was a germaphobe before this. I wish I could give her a big hug.

Sad that there won’t be new comics for the foreseeable future. Stores in my state are closed but I could’ve made the journey into Rhode Island over the weekend. Now it seems pointless since Diamond won’t be sending new comics out to stores that will stay open.

There’s a lot of good stuff that’s out that I was excited to read, but I read the monthly sales figures and a lot of what I like doesn’t sell. Venom, Amazing Spider-Man, and Immortal Hulk do great, and Black Cat and Daredevil sell okay consistently, but Runaways averages 8,000 units shipped to stores and Amazing Mary Jane and Ghost-Spider are only doing marginally better. 

On top of that, I’m sure this will be a fatal blow for a lot of stores. The two stores I go to most often will likely bounce back since they have a reliable customer base, but I wouldn’t be surprised if at least one store in my area closes (it moved to a smaller, cheaper location recently and has a more popular competitor just 5 minutes away). For now, I’m not going to buy digitally because I’d rather support my LCS when it finally opens back up and gets new issues.

• Like 1

The one good thing about how work is set up right now (we only go in to do the important work and are closed to the public) is that it’s given me the chance to listen through some soundtracks. From the days we’ve worked since this all started I’ve gotten through Okami, Fire Emblem Echoes, and Final Fantasy IX’s soundtracks. I’ve put on my DQ symphonic suites when those get done and there’s still some time before I leave.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eal said:

Sad that there won’t be new comics for the foreseeable future.

I know; I was really looking forward to New Warriors.

I got this trailer recommended to me in my YouTube feed this morning:

While I’m not really planning to see this movie in theaters (regardless of what’s going on in the world right now), I LOVE the fact that they are using Dick Dastardly as the villain for the movie. When I was a kid and when Boomerang played all the old Hanna-Barbara cartoons, the Wacky Races was always one of my favorites to watch. Dick Dastardly and Muttley were great on that show, so it’s really cool to see one of the two appear in modern day media. Hopefully Muttley shows up too just so we can hear that iconic laugh of his.

12 hours ago, eal said:

On top of that, I’m sure this will be a fatal blow for a lot of stores. The two stores I go to most often will likely bounce back since they have a reliable customer base, but I wouldn’t be surprised if at least one store in my area closes (it moved to a smaller, cheaper location recently and has a more popular competitor just 5 minutes away). For now, I’m not going to buy digitally because I’d rather support my LCS when it finally opens back up and gets new issues.

That's what I'm most worried about in all of this. Being in small town New Hampshire, the local stores are what I love most. I've been trying to support them as much as I can. Some will fair better than others, but I can think of a few that are really going to suffer.

10 hours ago, Dwaine said:

I know; I was really looking forward to New Warriors.

You can still read it on ComiXology when it comes out :)

2 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

That's what I'm most worried about in all of this. Being in small town New Hampshire, the local stores are what I love most. I've been trying to support them as much as I can. Some will fair better than others, but I can think of a few that are really going to suffer.

Ironically, it’s mostly small companies that run nonessential businesses, so it’s them that need to close, not big companies like Target and Walmart, who are benefiting the most from this and likely aren’t compensating their exposed employees that are making them this money.

The more moral authority biddies I see on NextDoor the more I think letting seniors die for the economy is a good idea.

• Like 1

New Hampshire just put out a "stay at home" order. I've been working at home for 2 weeks anyways. Can you believe breweries are considered essential businesses lol?

• Like 1

I scan payment remits (and other various medical documents) to a digital record for a healthcare company. Still having to go in every day.

Posted (edited)

I’m starting to think the work we have to come in for is not as “critical,” as the company thinks it is. It’s especially bad for my part of the job right now because, I don’t have nearly enough materials to actually DO my part. But we still have to be here, so I’m just taking my time with my projects. And now that Iowa businesses will be closed to the public until April 7th (as of now), it could become REALLY hard to do what needs done. I need traffic to come through the store and help build up my resources again!

However, it’s still given me the chance to listen to some of my music. I’ve been going through my Etrian Odyssey music (which is over 24 hours of music when you include both the DS and PC-88 sound versions of EO1-3’s soundtracks) and as of now I’m almost to the end of Etrian 3’s PC-88 sound version music. It’s definitely been awhile since I’ve listened to music from the series/Koshiro’s music, as I’ve really been enjoying listening to the series again. Can’t wait till I hit the 3DS era games and start getting a mix of symphonic pieces and some more styles to the PC-88 sound style. Etrian 5 has some really cool ones, as they sound like they were directly taken from an early Sega Genesis game.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

New Hampshire just put out a "stay at home" order. I've been working at home for 2 weeks anyways. Can you believe breweries are considered essential businesses lol?
Are they as essential as GameStop?

So far the Stay at Home orders in Florida are complete jokes. There are so so so so many exceptions, they're basically, "Stay at home unless you want to go out."

I went into work today for the last time for a couple weeks. School was empty. It was quiet. I got a TON of work (quite possibly everything I need to do for next week) & recreational writing done. New episode of Slime Time planned. Got my 10 paragraphs written for RPGamer about my best game(s) of the decade. Now back at home. Plattym5's bedroom is my new office/classroom.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Are they as essential as GameStop? emoji12.png

So far the Stay at Home orders in Florida are complete jokes. There are so so so so many exceptions, they're basically, "Stay at home unless you want to go out."

I went into work today for the last time for a couple weeks. School was empty. It was quiet. I got a TON of work (quite possibly everything I need to do for next week) & recreational writing done. New episode of Slime Time planned. Got my 10 paragraphs written for RPGamer about my best game(s) of the decade. Now back at home. Plattym5's bedroom is my new office/classroom.

Same!

The traffic has gotten lighter, but there are still plenty of people out on the road, and work is only marginally slower. It’s on the same level as during the summer break when families go on vacation to Cape Cod or something.

The list of essential businesses include liquor stores and gun shops. Basically every place but retail stores that don’t sell food or pharmaceuticals are closed.

You can also go on hikes and take walks and ride your bike. What was the point of this?

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

Yeah the city I work in has a shelter in place order and it's basically done nothing. And our governor has straight up said she doesn't want to do a SiP for the state.

We all #$*!ed, boys and slimes.

I'm on the edge of the epicenter, NYC. If anyone's F'd first it's probably me. 😛

But we're taking it as seriously as we can, keeping clean, disinfecting groceries. touching elevator buttons with our elbows and such. Hospitals are overrun here, so I fear myself or my family getting injured. My wife is also due to give birth in the hospital that houses our local quarantine, so she's freaked out. I won't admit this to her as she'll use it in a "let's move to Japan" argument, but it would have been better if she and Alex were in Japan right now, in lockdown with her family while I worked here. Working with a 3 year old is AWFUL. He's super needy and constantly yelling and acting out for attention. I need to do everything I can to keep my job, which is getting more hectic as people go on medical leave, and he's yelling, stomping, throwing things and climbing on me while I'm trying focus on work conference calls. It's just an insane situation, all around. Today I worked for two hours in the freezing cold, outside on the balcony just for a quiet work-space. This crap can't last 18 months...

Stay safe and healthy everybody.

I'm on the edge of the epicenter, NYC. If anyone's F'd first it's probably me.

But we're taking it as seriously as we can, keeping clean, disinfecting groceries. touching elevator buttons with our elbows and such. Hospitals are overrun here, so I fear myself or my family getting injured. My wife is also due to give birth in the hospital that houses our local quarantine, so she's freaked out. I won't admit this to her as she'll use it in a "let's move to Japan" argument, but it would have been better if she and Alex were in Japan right now, in lockdown with her family while I worked here. Working with a 3 year old is AWFUL. He's super needy and constantly yelling and acting out for attention. I need to do everything I can to keep my job, which is getting more hectic as people go on medical leave, and he's yelling, stomping, throwing things and climbing on me while I'm trying focus on work conference calls. It's just an insane situation, all around. Today I worked for two hours in the freezing cold, outside on the balcony just for a quiet work-space. This crap can't last 18 months...

Stay safe and healthy everybody.

Stay safe man.

[mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention] Have you seen the Picard finale?

Thanks. I'm going to work from the balcony from now on, so I can focus more.

• Like 1

Stay safe man. 

It's coming up now, thoughts in a little over an hour. Just caught up 2 nights ago. Really like how it's ending, but also feeling rushed. Very rushed. Getting huge vibes from a TNG episode, The Chase where a few different races were scouring the galaxy to find the hidden message in the DNA of lots of different planets' organisms.

Ah #$*!. Now there are cases of the virus in the county of Iowa I live in. Damn it.

Ah #$*!. Now there are cases of the virus in the county of Iowa I live in. Damn it.
We got 14 in our county. A couple are listed as no contact with anyone known to have it or traveled anywhere but to home and stores. Oh boy.

8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
35 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

We got 14 in our county. A couple are listed as no contact with anyone known to have it or traveled anywhere but to home and stores. Oh boy.

500+ in the county I work in, 150+ in the county I live in. Send help.

Stay safe man. 

Saw it. Nice ending. Wondering like everyone else if Discovery and Picard will cross over now with their similar A.I. plot lines.

Saw it. Nice ending. Wondering like everyone else if Discovery and Picard will cross over now with their similar A.I. plot lines.
I really didn't like it. The thing with the death fakeoit felt cheap to me.

They could have pulled some of these idea off if they'd given it more time. But the whole season felt so rushed
  • Like 1