Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

I am REALLY sick of the COVID-19 fear mongering that is going on. The amount of misinformation and fear mongering being spread by idiots on reddit (and social media in general) is just getting absurd at this point. Yes, the virus is terrible. But acting like morons thinking that world is going to end is just creating more panic to other people then  necessary.

My mom was diagnosed with Shingles earlier this week and had to be pushed out of the hospital a bit early because of the panic it is causing. I am forced to do a strict self imposed quarantine since I have to take care of my mom and she has a very weak immune system right now. So I have a good reason to be concerned about the virus. And even then I still think everyone is over reacting. Just stay at home when you can, wash your damn hands, and chill.

• Like 1

Came down with case of Corona, so making the most of it. Best part of Western NC? No one had it, nothing is closed, no worries! Hope the asshats in Orlando get their #$*! together before we have to go back. 61d6a1dc768b186a1d489875b9de2cab.jpg18db4f0d1319caf2b14fff7ca071139f.jpg612d6a07aa6cbcb90617947d7437cfb8.jpg6b81ff96f5d9ddb76174bd05e890270d.jpg

22 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I am REALLY sick of the COVID-19 fear mongering that is going on. The amount of misinformation and fear mongering being spread by idiots on reddit (and social media in general) is just getting absurd at this point. Yes, the virus is terrible. But acting like morons thinking that world is going to end is just creating more panic to other people then  necessary.

Stuff like this makes dumb people dumber and more reactionary. I hate how the news stations wind people up. It's similar to how they report on hurricanes. Rather than pausing until their source updates, they lure people in by repeating the same information and speculate. Get your info, take your precautions, get your updates, and move on with your life.

That being said...

I'm gonna dress up as Joaquin Phoenix Joker, yell, "I've gots the coronavirus! And you're all gettin' licked!", then chase the runners to Cotton Eyed Joe.

Look, if people are going to panic, I'm gonna make 'em earn it.

• Like 1

My province basically canceled 2020 and the esports scene is shutting down. I'll be streaming and making content more often now

Posted (edited)

The Nintendo Indie Showcase had some interesting stuff. I watched it on my lunch break here at work. Why we’re still open right now I don’t know since nearly every other store around us is closed, but anyway...

The Last Campfire and Exit the Gungeon look pretty good. I’ve been wanting to get Enter the Gungeon for awhile now, so seeing it has a sequel that looks really fun has me pumped to play the first one.

I Am Dead looks interesting too. Going first person and exploring the island seems neat, and I liked the use of colors the devs went for for the world.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Well my work is now officially closed until March 28th. Apparently we can still go in as a small team of 4 and work on major stuff, but otherwise no customers and it’s closed, no question. I live in the middle of nowhere so I’m not too worried about the virus, but better to be safe than sorry, so I’m glad I’ll be off work for awhile other than what little work we go in to take care of.

I have plenty of food so I can bunker down safely, and in the bright side now I can get around to playing some RPGs I’d like to try and finish. Hope everyone else is doing okay.

• Like 1

State shut school down until April 15th. I teach at a private school, but we'll follow. Washington State education commissioner talked today how they might close through the fall eventually and might have to plan a full year with no school until a vaccine is ready. A whole nation away that sounds like a horrible idea!

1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:

State shut school down until April 15th. I teach at a private school, but we'll follow. Washington State education commissioner talked today how they might close through the fall eventually and might have to plan a full year with no school until a vaccine is ready. A whole nation away that sounds like a horrible idea!

Yeah, I have to agree on that. I can understand waiting a few weeks for things to die down, but until the fall and potentially a full year? That’s a little excessive.

Had a successful stream today. Now I can smell my delicious rice cooking. Purchased Pokemon MD DX and switched from physical to digital for Animal Crossing

Apparently my job still considers me "essential".

17 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

You’ll always be essential in our hearts, Aust.

But seriously, hope whatever you do doesn’t put you in any danger to being exposed.

You’ll always be essential in our hearts, Aust.
But seriously, hope whatever you do doesn’t put you in any danger to being exposed.
A bit. I scan medical documents for record keeping. Which includes insurance forms that patients have handled. If that doesn't get me, I work closely to the mailroom in which couriers who have been all over the various different clinics and hospital locations often congregate.

Crossing all my fingers and toes.

10 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

Same, but I'm not sure for how much longer. I assist the inspectors out in the field but they all just got laid off. We already laid off one of the people in our department and I'm not sure how much work is going to be left for two of us when there's no work being done.

Same, but I'm not sure for how much longer. I assist the inspectors out in the field but they all just got laid off. We already laid off one of the people in our department and I'm not sure how much work is going to be left for two of us when there's no work being done.
That sounds terrifying.

On 3/15/2020 at 8:13 AM, Plattym3 said:

Came down with case of Corona, so making the most of it. Best part of Western NC? No one had it, nothing is closed, no worries! Hope the asshats in Orlando get their #$*! together before we have to go back. 61d6a1dc768b186a1d489875b9de2cab.jpg18db4f0d1319caf2b14fff7ca071139f.jpg612d6a07aa6cbcb90617947d7437cfb8.jpg6b81ff96f5d9ddb76174bd05e890270d.jpg

Eww, beer. I'd rather stick with the corona I've already got.

On 3/18/2020 at 5:39 AM, DrippySlimeStar said:

That's some scary #$*!. Here's wishing you the best of luck, Drippy.

13 hours ago, AustNerevar said:
On 3/18/2020 at 8:39 AM, DrippySlimeStar said:

That sounds terrifying.

22 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Eww, beer. I'd rather stick with the corona I've already got.

That's some scary #$*!. Here's wishing you the best of luck, Drippy.

Thanks guys. Things seemed a bit better throughout the day yesterday. We seem to have a plan to do "soft training" during the down time. This is things like doing online programs to improve our customer service skills, learn more about the industry,  etc. It'll always be in the back of my mind that a lay off is coming but I'm glad our leadership team has a plan in place to have us do something during this time and keep us on.

• Like 1

My building is all but abandoned today.

Not only are we still open, the restrictions we’ve placed on ourselves has made work busier and more complicated. I was hoping to at least get some reading done. :(

I’m under the impression that the only thing that’ll shut us down is if the President himself orders a quarantine, and even then, I’m not so sure. I heard other banks have closed so I’ll keep my fingers crossed I guess.

• Like 1

My coworker called in sick yesterday. Apparently his wife was at an event last week where somebody was confirmed to have it. Just awaiting their test results to see if I've been exposed.

So work has been annoying. The work itself isn’t the problem, and frankly I’m glad we can listen to our own music instead of the usual garbage we have to, but hoo boy one of my co-workers will not STFU about the coronavirus. I know it’s just what’s going on right now and it’s on people’s minds, but my lord this person just tells us EVERYTHING they read online or on Facebook! All yesterday it kept coming up and all today when we were working elsewhere it’s all this person wanted to talk about. Heck, when I came back from lunch they were playing a livestream of the governor of Iowa addressing concerns and had it blaring on their phone for everyone to hear.

Look, I’m not trying to downplay the seriousness of the virus and how it’s affected people and businesses, but I’d rather just focus on my work when I’m at work. I don’t know if all this talk and “information,” sharing is just their way of coping with things right now, but oof. It’s made work pretty long and annoying the last two days.

I feel this picture of Bob describes my attitude toward it best:B2F89FF3-47E6-4D9B-AB13-E210B2BC47F5.jpeg.f7e5e551f50d85dd543fe080650ba6d1.jpeg

• Like 1

Time for reality to sit in. Escaped up to the mountains this week. Tomorrow we need to clean up the cabin & start packing, take all the trash & recycling to the dump. Headed home Sunday. Hope central FL isn't too bad. Going to have to wake up early Monday and really get to work setting up my online classes. Bleh.

Posted (edited)

I think I’m gonna start a tally for every time a customer or co-worker tells me about a rumor they heard or a family member that has a “source” that there will be a quarantine. It’s good to be prepared but everyone seems to think they know when it’s gonna happen. At least this week, lines were shorter in the grocery store, even if canned and frozen food are almost gone. And, of course, the toilet paper situation.

Edited by eal

I think I’m gonna start a tally for every time a customer or co-worker tells me about a rumor they heard or a family member that has a “source” that there will be a quarantine. It’s good to be prepared but every seems to think they know when it’s gonna happen. At least this week, lines were shorter in the grocery store, even if canned and frozen food are almost gone. And, of course, the toilet paper situation.

@Woodus

@Woodus

Been streaming more. Animal Crossing is what I've done the last couple days. I'm enjoying it

Coworkers wife tested negative for covid. Dodged that bullet.

Aaaand, the kid that my son plays with is pretty sick and getting tested. So gotta dodge another one.