Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

18 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You may want to reconsider.

Haha! Awesome Video. 

Meh, considering or reconsidering it a moot point. 

I never ever play games on PC

20 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Haha! Awesome Video. 

Meh, considering or reconsidering it a moot point. 

I never ever play games on PC

I don’t either anymore. When I was a kid there were a few games I played on my computer, and in college I played a lot of Team Fortress 2 on my laptop, but after having computer troubles in 2014 I decided I was better off just using the computer/laptop for my school work. I’m still the same way now and only use my computer for any iTunes related things and to do anything work related, but I wouldn’t mind it if I got a home computer if I decided to download TF2 again. That was a fun game.

Also, random trivia, but I managed to beat Psychonauts on my laptop with only using the keyboard. I didn’t have a control to plug in at the time in college, and #$*! me was that difficult.

In the process of finalizing my team for the regionals on pi day. Be sure to watch the stream :D

• Like 1

In the process of finalizing my team for the regionals on pi day. Be sure to watch the stream
No can do, will be eating pie all day long.

Best of luck! May the Pokéballs be with you.

On 2/17/2020 at 2:46 PM, eal said:

Since I always dump on how bad GameStop is, I should give credit for a positive experience I had today. I was interested in getting the 3DS version of Corpse Party but just the cart alone was $40+ on eBay, whereas a used copy at GameStop is only $35.

A nearby GameStop had one in stock so I went in and grabbed it. Case isn’t perfect but the inserts are there and the art for the cover was fine, so I can just order a replacement case on Nintendo’s website and it’ll look barely used. Since they’re doing “buy 2 get 1 free” I figured I’d get more bang for my buck by getting two more games. I noticed immaculate copies of Super Paper Mario and Muramasa: The Demon Blade, two not all that expensive Wii games but it’s rare to find them in such nice conditions. A lot of this particular GameStop’s Wii games were in pretty great condition to be quite honest.

I go up to pay and, try as he might, the employee couldn’t find the Super Paper Mario disc and offered to just give the case to me for free and grab a different game instead to apply to the deal. As a bonus, the disc for Muramasa looked practically unplayed.

This is also the GameStop I got a free DC Bombshells Batwoman Funko POP because they had priced them out for $0.01 but left them on the floor. So I guess I’ll keep this particular store in mind if I want to buy used games again.

So. This GameStop is closing. Naturally, I bought some stuff from their clearance sale. First, I got Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal exclusively because it was only $14 and came with a brand new game and brand new two disc soundtrack. I’m going to try it out and if I think it’s good I might try the Vita games. I do have the shitty looking rhythm game. Anyways, the Wii/Wii U games were 40% off so I also got Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (really wanna play some rail shooters now that I’m busting out my Wii games and I have a zapper), Animal Crossing: City Folk (because of course I would get the older game when people are getting excited for the new one), and Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop for some reason (maybe because it was only $3?).

It makes sense this store is closing. First of all, after I left, I went to the Walmart 7 minutes down the road and there’s another GameStop in that shopping plaza. But also, GameStop just can’t survive as it is. There are almost 6,000 stores. No wonder they’re on they’re verge of collapse. The B2G2 Free deal going on this week, the 4 for $10, and I think also 4 for $20 deals all going on at once screams “desperate for sales.” I won’t mourn them. It was pleasant not having an associate trying to shake me down for a rewards card or protection plan.

12 hours ago, eal said:

It makes sense this store is closing. First of all, after I left, I went to the Walmart 7 minutes down the road and there’s another GameStop in that shopping plaza. But also, GameStop just can’t survive as it is. There are almost 6,000 stores. No wonder they’re on they’re verge of collapse. The B2G2 Free deal going on this week, the 4 for $10, and I think also 4 for $20 deals all going on at once screams “desperate for sales.” I won’t mourn them. It was pleasant not having an associate trying to shake me down for a rewards card or protection plan.

I have a bunch of GameStops within reasonable distance of each other. There's a mall in the state that has 2 GameStops in it...one at one end of the mall, the other at other end. It's ridiculous. The one I used to work at closed because it was in a dead mall and the one that everyone went to is in a shopping plaza 5 minutes down the road. I've been going to Best Buy more for new stuff because they price match.

I finally invested in a phone! It's the first phone I've owned (with service) in four years, and the nicest phone I've ever had. I'm in love!

On 3/5/2020 at 2:10 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I don’t either anymore. When I was a kid there were a few games I played on my computer, and in college I played a lot of Team Fortress 2 on my laptop, but after having computer troubles in 2014 I decided I was better off just using the computer/laptop for my school work. I’m still the same way now and only use my computer for any iTunes related things and to do anything work related, but I wouldn’t mind it if I got a home computer if I decided to download TF2 again. That was a fun game.

Also, random trivia, but I managed to beat Psychonauts on my laptop with only using the keyboard. I didn’t have a control to plug in at the time in college, and #$*! me was that difficult.

TF2 was THE game I played when the Orange Box came out. Playing on 24/7 2fort servers all day and mained the medic. Good times.

I heard the PvE stuff they added is pretty good. But I haven't tried it yet.

Coronavirus fears have officially hit MA. My coworkers have told me the bread aisles at their local supermarkets were sold out. On my end, I haven’t seen anything as bad as all that, but the employees were all wearing gloves. The company I work for has instituted some measures too, but it all seems kinda pointless to me. I work with a lot of customers and 1 in maybe 5 will have something to say about it.

51 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

TF2 was THE game I played when the Orange Box came out. Playing on 24/7 2fort servers all day and mained the medic. Good times.

I heard the PvE stuff they added is pretty good. But I haven't tried it yet.

It’s the game that got me to download steam to my laptop. I had some other games via Steam, but of all the games I owned on their TF2 was my most played by far. I’m not someone who likes FPS games either, so the fact one even appealed to me is still nuts to think about.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It’s the game that got me to download steam to my laptop. I had some other games via Steam, but of all the games I owned on their TF2 was my most played by far. I’m not someone who likes FPS games either, so the fact one even appealed to me is still nuts to think about.

The person I played with a lot almost exclusively played RTS games until TF2 came out. That guy ended up playing for entire weekends on the server we played on. So it really speaks a lot when the game has attracted a fair amount of non FPS players into the game. 

I've got my nostalgic online shooter back with Halo MCC on PC. No H3 yet, but my friends and I played the #$*! out of Reach in high school.

• Like 1

I've got my nostalgic online shooter back with Halo MCC on PC. No H3 yet, but my friends and I played the #$*! out of Reach in high school.
Reach was a treat. And CE is even more so. Loving the MCC on PC even if the ports are a bit buggy.

21 hours ago, eal said:

Coronavirus fears have officially hit MA. My coworkers have told me the bread aisles at their local supermarkets were sold out. On my end, I haven’t seen anything as bad as all that, but the employees were all wearing gloves. The company I work for has instituted some measures too, but it all seems kinda pointless to me. I work with a lot of customers and 1 in maybe 5 will have something to say about it.

It's hitting NH too. The first case was a nurse at Dartmouth. Like...of all places for it to potentially spread I'd like to have it not be a hospital. 

I hated every second of it. My rating for Picard so far has been:

Ep1 - 8/10
Ep2 - 7/10
Ep3 - 5/10
Ep4 - 5/10
Ep5 - 2/10

I was so dissatisfied that I started looking elsewhere for Trek and finally got around to starting Season 2 of Discovery. I was quite unforgiving with my my opinion of Season 1 and while Season 2 was still far too action/explosions focused for me I enjoyed it thoroughly. Far better than Picard so far.

I just don't understand why they would take Star Trek, the one franchise known for its hopeful optimism and bright picture if the future and turn it into a violent grimdark dystopia. It's antithetical to the franchise's mission statement.
What do you think about episodes 6 & 7. Wow. Totally blown away by them! 6 was good, 7 I don't think can be topped for me.

What do you think about episodes 6 & 7. Wow. Totally blown away by them! 6 was good, 7 I don't think can be topped for me.
Meh. They were better than 5 that's for sure. 7 was definitely more entertaining in that I feel like we're actually getting somewhere plot wise.

Overall, I'm unhappy with the series. But I'll need to see where the series is going before I make a full final verdict.
  • Like 1

On the flip side, I loved season 2 of The Orville.

On the flip side, I loved season 2 of The Orville.
I have very much enjoyed that show and can't wait for it to come back on Hulu.

Posted (edited)

I just beat Halo: Combat Evolved for the first time. It's a bittersweet feeling. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and the ending itself is bittersweet, but in a way it's kind of sad. Halo was the first and really the only video game my dad was ever interested in playing with me, but he sold his copy of the game when he sold his original XBox. I'd played the beginning mission and the final mission once before with him, but he usually only had time to play when I was at my mother's house, so I missed everything in between. I'd always wanted to play the whole game (and series) from beginning to end with him, but he died in 2016, so we'll never get to do that. Finally playing the game all the way through is almost like closing a good book and ending a chapter of sorts.

10/10 game, good buy. Looking forward to Halo 2 Anniversary's launch on PC.

Forgot to mention it's the first FPS game I've ever beat...

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Just something I've been working on. Real-time generated cylinders (input radius, height, number of circle segments and whether or  not the cylinder is capped), Framerate-independent game timing, unlocked framerate, and a framerate display. Preliminary control scripts will eventually be edited to be configurable in-game (I've already started the abstraction layer, but don't have any way to actually configure it in-game yet.)

DQEdit pre-alpha.png

Posted (edited)

Happy March 10th, aka Mario Day!

spacer.png

I was born the same day Super Mario All-Stars released on the SNES here in the USA (August 2nd, 1993) and as far as I’m concerned I was born to be a Mario fan. It helps the first two games I played were Super Mario World and Super Mario 64 as well, so the Italian plumber and the series he hails from has meant a lot to me for all these years.

Hope everyone has a good day and be sure to play something Mario related! Let’s-a go!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I'm officially working from home for the foreseeable future. Our office gave us the option and I took it. I work in the low income housing industry and our work is focused on inspecting properties. Lots of companies are suspending inspections and even the government has stopped all their formal inspections. This stuff is real and I hope all of you stay safe.

• Like 1

My take on the whole Coronavirus situation is a bit outside the norm. I don’t think the illness itself as it affects the average individual is that big of a deal, at least from what I’ve read. And I’m generally pretty conscientious about hygiene so I’m not to nervous, even if my co-worker was coughing all over me and I handle money all day for a living. That being said, I’m an advocate for the drastic approach to this disease. I’m totally in favor of a complete quarantine for a week, maybe even two. Whatever it takes, honestly. I understand this is a tough thing to undertake and would be incredibly costly, so I get that this will most likely not happen except on a state-by-state level, especially in response to a disease like Coronavirus. It just wouldn’t be feasible, I get it. That being said, this is what I would like to have happen, personally.

My take on the whole Coronavirus situation is a bit outside the norm. I don’t think the illness itself as it affects the average individual is that big of a deal, at least from what I’ve read. And I’m generally pretty conscientious about hygiene so I’m not to nervous, even if my co-worker was coughing all over me and I handle money all day for a living. That being said, I’m an advocate for the drastic approach to this disease. I’m totally in favor of a complete quarantine for a week, maybe even two. Whatever it takes, honestly. I understand this is a tough thing to undertake and would be incredibly costly, so I get that this will most likely not happen except on a state-by-state level, especially in response to a disease like Coronavirus. It just wouldn’t be feasible, I get it. That being said, this is what I would like to have happen, personally.
I don't think you're outside the norm...nor do I think that quarantining for two weeks is drastic.

What is drastic is the hoarding and general panic by the mass public.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Went to IKEA of all things today. Gonna do some work around my apartment. I’m gonna watch the entire How to Train Your Dragon trilogy while I’m working.

After I finished there, I swung by my local Walmart. There was a literal sea of people by the double doors to the stockroom. They were passing out pallets of toilet paper and towels while yelling at customers to back up so they can stock them. I actually got one without much trouble! Right place, right time. I would have preferred a smaller size but the bigger packs were all they had. I was actually there to grab some more food that I couldn’t find at my usual grocery store. Got basically everything I needed, surprisingly.

I took a few pictures of the bare shelves and were sending them around to friends. A random lady saw me taking pictures and we had a laugh about the hysteria. I’d say I saw more people marveling at the hysteria than being taken in by it, so that’s good.

Edited by eal