Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

@Plattym3 You caught up on Star Trek: Picard yet?

[mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention] You caught up on Star Trek: Picard yet?
In 3 hours I will be. I've been watching too much Curb Your Enthusiasm instead.

In 3 hours I will be. I've been watching too much Curb Your Enthusiasm instead.
Lemme know what you think.

It’s gonna be an early morning tomorrow. Without going into detail, mom has an operation tomorrow morning at 6:15 AM and it’s been a very long week since finding out last Thursday and waiting for it to come around. Hopefully the end results will give her good news, and if something is discovered we’ll get through it as a family. With like 50+ people for support on mom’s side and the few on my dad’s side, we have plenty of family support.

Keep your fingers crossed for good news, guys.

• Like 1

Larry David is comedic gold. I feel like I'm an ass as much as him (at least in my head) so the show cracks me up more than it should.
It’s gonna be an early morning tomorrow. Without going into detail, mom has an operation tomorrow morning at 6:15 AM and it’s been a very long week since finding out last Thursday and waiting for it to come around. Hopefully the end results will give her good news, and if something is discovered we’ll get through it as a family. With like 50+ people for support on mom’s side and the few on my dad’s side, we have plenty of family support.
Keep your fingers crossed for good news, guys.
for you all tomorrow!

Son of a... so I bought a new/couple model year old cheap Roku TV for out in the garage where I workout. Turns out there are some versions of some file types it won't play, but until I play it what the heck will work. Guess my Picard didn't match the right type last week. Going to try another TV now. Such is life on the dark web.

So... that happened. Geeze, not the way I thought that was going to go for any of the 3 female characters that episode. I'm a bit meh on that one.

So... that happened. Geeze, not the way I thought that was going to go for any of the 3 female characters that episode. I'm a bit meh on that one.
I hated every second of it. My rating for Picard so far has been:

Ep1 - 8/10
Ep2 - 7/10
Ep3 - 5/10
Ep4 - 5/10
Ep5 - 2/10

I was so dissatisfied that I started looking elsewhere for Trek and finally got around to starting Season 2 of Discovery. I was quite unforgiving with my my opinion of Season 1 and while Season 2 was still far too action/explosions focused for me I enjoyed it thoroughly. Far better than Picard so far.

I just don't understand why they would take Star Trek, the one franchise known for its hopeful optimism and bright picture if the future and turn it into a violent grimdark dystopia. It's antithetical to the franchise's mission statement.
  • Like 1

I hated every second of it. My rating for Picard so far has been:

Ep1 - 8/10
Ep2 - 7/10
Ep3 - 5/10
Ep4 - 5/10
Ep5 - 2/10

I was so dissatisfied that I started looking elsewhere for Trek and finally got around to starting Season 2 of Discovery. I was quite unforgiving with my my opinion of Season 1 and while Season 2 was still far too action/explosions focused for me I enjoyed it thoroughly. Far better than Picard so far.

I just don't understand why they would take Star Trek, the one franchise known for its hopeful optimism and bright picture if the future and turn it into a violent grimdark dystopia. It's antithetical to the franchise's mission statement.
Such is Sci Fi since the Battlestar Galactica remake.

Got good news this morning! Thank goodness! That’s a huge sigh of relief.

• Like 3

This morning I went to a diner.

They had a jukebox.

When I saw it had Tom Jones, I knew what I had to do.

3 hours ago, Dwaine said:

They had a jukebox.

#$*!ing ICONIC bit.

Good C2E2. Met great artists, bought some good comics, talked to nice people in lines, and Genndy Tartakovsky was meeting with fans and taking photos and signing stuff for free to promote his new show. Only disappointment was Al Ewing didn’t seem to be there on the only day I was there, and Nick Spencer was never at his table when I passed by. Still got to get autographs from Ryan Ottley, Donny Cates, Ryan Stegman, Vanessa Del Rey (she drew a little doodle on my copy of Scarlet Witch #15 since there’s so much white space!), Gerry Duggan, David Mack, Gail Simone, and Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti. 

Posted (edited)

Went to PAX Friday and Saturday and had a pretty good time. I got into Final Fantasy 7 and Animal Crossing on Friday which is all I was looking forward to. I gotta start staying down there since I go for 2 days and it's about an hour and a half each way for me each day.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

On 2/28/2020 at 1:32 PM, Dwaine said:

They had a jukebox.

Got my Switch replaced finally. I'm quite happy

You ever get a time in your life where you just keep getting bad luck constantly? That has been the entire month of February for me.

First I had my issues with my eye. Thankfully the floater has died down a lot in the last couple weeks. It is still annoying, but more manageable.

My copy of Rune Factory 4 Special showed up on release day. I ordered the collectors edition. Only for the box to be all banged up and damaged the art book. So now I am awaiting for my replacement. So I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Got on new medication that gave me some bad Bruxisim. Now I have some chipped teeth and a small fracture in one. Not in any pain, but I still have to wait until next week to get it looked at the dentist. I hope not much work on it has to be done. But it is still damn annoying.

Gonna see how things turn out this week to see if I will pick up Animal Crossing. Looking forward to unwinding with it after this terrible winter.

Despite all this dumb stuff, I am feeling fantastic. Can't wait for the weather to get better so I can go out and do more.

I had all of Sunday off until the evening. Had to go into work and help with the floor cleaning...that really was a pain, and it took 6 hours to do. Thankfully because of it I only have to go into work for 2 hours on Monday, which will give me enough time to get all my freight work taken care of and plenty of free time the rest of the day to catch up on some sleep and do some other things I need to get done.

I’m finding myself becoming more and more interested in the SaGa series. Returning to Romancing SaGa 2 a few days ago (I blame you for this @Plattym3) has helped rekindle that interest, but it’s also a series I’ve been wanting to learn more about after randomly coming across gameplay footage of the Super Famicom games years ago. RS2 has been fun to return to, and I’m hoping we’ll see a sale on Romancing SaGa 3 in the near future. I’ve heard that game is pretty damn good, and with how much I’ve liked RS2 I’m sure I’ll take to 3 no problem.

• Like 1

My work upgraded our computers so they wiped all of our old ones and gave us the opportunity to purchase the old ones at a discounted price. Brought my old one home last night and I was talking to my cousin about helping me swap out some of the parts so I can upgrade. It's been awhile since I sat down and played through a PC game.

• Like 1

Glad I returned from my vacation with enough time to vote.

On 3/3/2020 at 5:37 AM, DrippySlimeStar said:

My work upgraded our computers so they wiped all of our old ones and gave us the opportunity to purchase the old ones at a discounted price. Brought my old one home last night and I was talking to my cousin about helping me swap out some of the parts so I can upgrade. It's been awhile since I sat down and played through a PC game.

I don't think I've played a PC game since Warcraft III! lol!

56 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

I remember a kid giving that to me on a flash drive in high school. I had no idea how to play RTS games so I just put on god mode and had a blast.

4 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Hey, Warcraft III got a remaster recently. I hear it’s pretty good ;)

3 hours ago, eal said:

Hey, Warcraft III got a remaster recently. I hear it’s pretty good ;)

So I've heard!

If only i had a computer that was worth a damn. 

38 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

So I've heard!

If only i had a computer that was worth a damn. 

You may want to reconsider.

6 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You may want to reconsider.

Always love seeing Matt’s videos going around. I’m glad that he managed to find a new niche after Super Best Friends ended.