I was honestly surprised with the two BoF titles, and stuff on NES like Startropics. 

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

The lost dog has come back to town! Wishing you all happy holidays as I finally start playing DQ11S after so long waiting! I have missed this place!

I got a kitten. Named her Melony

Posted Images

On 1/30/2020 at 12:05 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Already have been playing both for nearly 2 weeks already now. 😜

Personally I’m just glad to see some more obscure games in the selections, some on the NES library that I’ve never even heard of. Stunt Racers for SNES may not look the cleanest by today’s standards but it’s a damn impressive SNES game using that FX chip technology. I hope at some point we’ll see the Donkey Kong Country trilogy added.

I am really hoping we get more foreign released titles on the service. Puyo Puyo 2 on the SNES app was such a nice surprise.

I watched Parasite. That’s all I’ll say on it. Watch it or not but I’m not gonna be the guy who tells you anything about it. That’s how I went into the movie and that’s how you should too.

14 hours ago, RyuKisargi said:

I was honestly surprised with the two BoF titles, and stuff on NES like Startropics. 

I probably won’t play them because I really hate the original translation job (or lack there of) Capcom did. I’ll stick to the fan re-translation, particularly for BoF2.

8 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I am really hoping we get more foreign released titles on the service. Puyo Puyo 2 on the SNES app was such a nice surprise.

It could happen. Maybe for shits and giggles Nintendo will re-release the old StatellaView Super Famicom games. Don’t know if we’d get them on our service, but still, it would be cool.

I got the soundtrack for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia in the mail today. I’ve been wanting to get it for a long time now, and I used some of my Christmas money to finally get it. I really enjoyed the soundtrack of the game, and it’s probably my favorite from the series thus far. Looking forward to getting it on my iPod.

My sister is staying with me for a while. This makes things interesting.

5 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I was making PAX plans with my friend last night. I'm so excited for it at the end of the month, it's one of the things I look forward to every year.

I wanted to do PAX this year but C2E2 is on the same weekend. Sad times.

Got a lot of stuff done today on my day off. One was finally getting the soundtrack for Fire Emblem Echoes on my iTunes/iPod. My computer was acting up Monday night after work when I tried to get the soundtrack uploaded, but I had to wait until today to see what was going on. Thankfully some updates later and my computer was working fine and I was able to finish no problem. The data CD was different to work with since I’ve never had to deal with one from a soundtrack, but thankfully that wasn’t as difficult as I thought it was going to be. What’s cool is that the data CD had the entire Famicom original soundtrack for the game as well as the DLC music. I was expecting the latter, but it’s really cool they included the Famicom original soundtrack as an extra.

Glad to finally have the soundtrack and my computer up to date again. FE Echoes was a game that surprised me, particularly in the music department. Intelligent Systems usually does a pretty good job with their soundtracks, but Echoes really struck the right cord for me.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into my car. They were very friendly and happy dogs. Luckily they all had collars with their name and address. They didn't live too far away and the owner was very happy to get them back. Although, they were very muddy buddies and I spent my lunch hour shampooing my car seats.

• Like 4
On 2/5/2020 at 10:21 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Got a lot of stuff done today on my day off. One was finally getting the soundtrack for Fire Emblem Echoes on my iTunes/iPod. My computer was acting up Monday night after work when I tried to get the soundtrack uploaded, but I had to wait until today to see what was going on. Thankfully some updates later and my computer was working fine and I was able to finish no problem. The data CD was different to work with since I’ve never had to deal with one from a soundtrack, but thankfully that wasn’t as difficult as I thought it was going to be. What’s cool is that the data CD had the entire Famicom original soundtrack for the game as well as the DLC music. I was expecting the latter, but it’s really cool they included the Famicom original soundtrack as an extra.

Glad to finally have the soundtrack and my computer up to date again. FE Echoes was a game that surprised me, particularly in the music department. Intelligent Systems usually does a pretty good job with their soundtracks, but Echoes really struck the right cord for me.

I know you didn't care too much for Three Houses, but what did you think of the soundtrack for that game? I personally loved the Echoes soundtrack, but the Three Houses one sticks to me hard.

Even if Fire Emblem games seem to be all over the place, at least the music remains pretty damn good.

1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

I know you didn't care too much for Three Houses, but what did you think of the soundtrack for that game? I personally loved the Echoes soundtrack, but the Three Houses one sticks to me hard.

Even if Fire Emblem games seem to be all over the place, at least the music remains pretty damn good.

From what I heard it was fine.

And I wouldn’t say I “didn’t care too much for Three Houses.” What I’ve said is that I had bad experiences with it before and after I started playing, so it’s not made want to play the game for a long time. It’s one I’m going to get back to and finish and will have a full opinion once I do, but it’s not a game I want to revisit any time soon to do that. I will get back to it at some point this year since I enjoy Fire Emblem.

I read through Batman: The Killing Joke this evening after work. Bought it a long while ago but never read it. It was a pretty good story, and I really liked the artwork by Brian Bolland. The (possible) origin story of the Joker was interesting to see, and I like how in the flash backs that certain objects are colored shades of red. I had thought the Joker had connections to the Red Hood, but I was under the impression that was some sort of alternate Joker where he didn’t go crazy or something. I’m sure someone with more comic info will correct me or tell me more.

Anyway, good story/book. I’m going to read Batman: The Dark Knight Returns next, and afterwards I’m thinking of either read through Maus again or Hellboy. Haven’t really felt like playing games as much so I’m going to read instead.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
15 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

From what I heard it was fine.

And I wouldn’t say I “didn’t care too much for Three Houses.” What I’ve said is that I had bad experiences with it before and after I started playing, so it’s not made want to play the game for a long time. It’s one I’m going to get back to and finish and will have a full opinion once I do, but it’s not a game I want to revisit any time soon to do that. I will get back to it at some point this year since I enjoy Fire Emblem.

I read through Batman: The Killing Joke this evening after work. Bought it a long while ago but never read it. It was a pretty good story, and I really liked the artwork by Brian Bolland. The (possible) origin story of the Joker was interesting to see, and I like how in the flash backs that certain objects are colored shades of red. I had thought the Joker had connections to the Red Hood, but I was under the impression that was some sort of alternate Joker where he didn’t go crazy or something. I’m sure someone with more comic info will correct me or tell me more.

Anyway, good story/book. I’m going to read Batman: The Dark Knight Returns next, and afterwards I’m thinking of either read through Maus again or Hellboy. Haven’t really felt like playing games as much so I’m going to read instead.

Yeah I can understand that. Part of the reason why I took a 4-5 month long break after getting a bad ending.

• Like 1

My sister living with me has made for a long week

• Like 1

I've just played and finished the indie game 198X.  It's a coming-of-age drama in the 80s with a twist - key moments and thoughts in the protag's life take the form of retro-style video games you play.  Kinda like "Retro Game Challenge" meets "The Wall".

The game can be completed in under 2 hours (that's TWO hours), and is well worth the investment.  I recommend one play it in as close to total solitude as possible, and go in as blind as possible.  I will say no more, for fear of spoilers. 

• Like 1

In Today's News:
     I've been troubleshooting/salvaging a couple of old iPods I've aggregated over the years -- I got an iPod classic over a decade ago (which came from a local non-profit's promotional giveaway) for graduating from high school which has gone through two or three pretty savage crashes, and I was given an iPod nano as a birthday gift by someone else which I never got around to using. I was struggling pretty severely with the Nano for a couple of days, because (as I've come to discern) the battery wasted away completely in disuse, and the wonky power wrecked it during recovery attempts. I was able to reboot it into disk mode after some research and repair it correctly after finding a decent cord. I've also discovered that it works, but only while plugged in, so the nano is now basically a portable speaker with whatever music I preload into it.

I'm still working on the classic, but finding the better cord is encouraging (it helped greatly when working on the nano), so maybe I'll get some use out of it yet.

Made a return to pen n paper RPGs last night. All my other attempts at playing have been false starts that I didn't really get into.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brother Jaybird said:

I've been troubleshooting/salvaging a couple of old iPods I've aggregated over the years.

This reminds me. My iPod needs its battery replaced and button repaired. Can the battery be replaced without it wiping the hard drive?

On 2/8/2020 at 6:55 PM, The Dog of Zahan said:

I've just played and finished the indie game 198X.  It's a coming-of-age drama in the 80s with a twist - key moments and thoughts in the protag's life take the form of retro-style video games you play.  Kinda like "Retro Game Challenge" meets "The Wall".

The game can be completed in under 2 hours (that's TWO hours), and is well worth the investment.  I recommend one play it in as close to total solitude as possible, and go in as blind as possible.  I will say no more, for fear of spoilers. 

I remember hearing about it on the Easy Allies podcast when it came out. Maybe I'll check it out on a quiet Saturday or Sunday.

I now have an Everbird.

In other news, Erdrala and the Chapter 2 Gang apparently make good mops for the floors of Baramos' Castle. Their innards have been feasted upon.

Since I always dump on how bad GameStop is, I should give credit for a positive experience I had today. I was interested in getting the 3DS version of Corpse Party but just the cart alone was $40+ on eBay, whereas a used copy at GameStop is only $35.

A nearby GameStop had one in stock so I went in and grabbed it. Case isn’t perfect but the inserts are there and the art for the cover was fine, so I can just order a replacement case on Nintendo’s website and it’ll look barely used. Since they’re doing “buy 2 get 1 free” I figured I’d get more bang for my buck by getting two more games. I noticed immaculate copies of Super Paper Mario and Muramasa: The Demon Blade, two not all that expensive Wii games but it’s rare to find them in such nice conditions. A lot of this particular GameStop’s Wii games were in pretty great condition to be quite honest.

I go up to pay and, try as he might, the employee couldn’t find the Super Paper Mario disc and offered to just give the case to me for free and grab a different game instead to apply to the deal. As a bonus, the disc for Muramasa looked practically unplayed.

This is also the GameStop I got a free DC Bombshells Batwoman Funko POP because they had priced them out for $0.01 but left them on the floor. So I guess I’ll keep this particular store in mind if I want to buy used games again.

1 hour ago, eal said:

Since I always dump on how bad GameStop is, I should give credit for a positive experience I had today. I was interested in getting the 3DS version of Corpse Party but just the cart alone was $40+ on eBay, whereas a used copy at GameStop is only $35.

A nearby GameStop had one in stock so I went in and grabbed it. Case isn’t perfect but the inserts are there and the art for the cover was fine, so I can just order a replacement case on Nintendo’s website and it’ll look barely used. Since they’re doing “buy 2 get 1 free” I figured I’d get more bang for my buck by getting two more games. I noticed immaculate copies of Super Paper Mario and Muramasa: The Demon Blade, two not all that expensive Wii games but it’s rare to find them in such nice conditions. A lot of this particular GameStop’s Wii games were in pretty great condition to be quite honest.

I go up to pay and, try as he might, the employee couldn’t find the Super Paper Mario disc and offered to just give the case to me for free and grab a different game instead to apply to the deal. As a bonus, the disc for Muramasa looked practically unplayed.

This is also the GameStop I got a free DC Bombshells Batwoman Funko POP because they had priced them out for $0.01 but left them on the floor. So I guess I’ll keep this particular store in mind if I want to buy used games again.

Didn't feel like picking up a preowned SNES Classic for $135 while you were there?

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/retro-gaming/super-nintendo/consoles/products/super-nes-classic-edition/10152771.html

5 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Didn't feel like picking up a preowned SNES Classic for $135 while you were there?

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/retro-gaming/super-nintendo/consoles/products/super-nes-classic-edition/10152771.html

lol I bought two brand new for $160 when they were re-released (one for me and one as a gift). You’d think Nintendo letting you play a lot of those game for free with a Nintendo Online subscription would lower the value of a SNES Classic.

I'm in a weird headspace with Dragon Quest at the moment. I've been running a little Dragon Quest art tumblr. My most popular pieces are all Dragon Quest 7 art. I never would have guessed that before. I guess the new generation of DQ fans got their start with DQ7 and it's ultimately become the starting point for the new gen, much like FF7 was for a lot of people. It's still weird to me.