Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the week goes weather wise. Last Friday we had freezing rain and it was bad enough work ended up closing early for the day. It was real fun walking to my car and cleaning it off, so I’m hoping the weatherman is off for what’s to come in Friday and Saturday.

Moving on, I ended up getting a Nintendo Switch Online card today. I’ve been wanting to fight some friends online in Smash but had never boughten a subscription because I figured it was $60 like Playstation Plus for a year. Turns out it was only $20, so that was a pleasant surprise to find when I was out doing errands earlier.

If anyone wants to exchange friend codes for Switch and play Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, or something else, let me know by friend requesting to the following:

Spoiler

5432-9984-2307

Or I can message you. Or we can send carrier pigeons. Whatever works best. But you have to let me know if you add me as a friend.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the week goes weather wise. Last Friday we had freezing rain and it was bad enough work ended up closing early for the day. It was real fun walking to my car and cleaning it off, so I’m hoping the weatherman is off for what’s to come in Friday and Saturday.

Moving on, I ended up getting a Nintendo Switch Online card today. I’ve been wanting to fight some friends online in Smash but had never boughten a subscription because I figured it was $60 like Playstation Plus for a year. Turns out it was only $20, so that was a pleasant surprise to find when I was out doing errands earlier.

If anyone wants to exchange friend codes for Switch and play Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, or something else, let me know by friend requesting to the following:

Hide contents

5432-9984-2307

Or I can message you. Or we can send carrier pigeons. Whatever works best. 🤪

Friend request sent. Probably the only person you'll see with DQX in their play history. (Unless Aust plays on Switch.)

I don't really play Smash, but I guess we could play some Mario Kart at some point. I prefer CTR if you've got that.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

1 minute ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Friend request sent. Probably the only person you'll see with DQX in their play history. (Unless Aust plays on Switch.)

He does (at least I THINK he does), but neither of us have sent a friend request to the other.

Is your profile name Mega-Mix?

35 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

He does (at least I THINK he does), but neither of us have sent a friend request to the other.

Yeah, but now that Beenox is adding Mega-Mix to CTR tomorrow I'll probably change it back to Erdrick.

I do play on Switch. Easiest way to buy a subscription right now.

11 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Reveal hidden contents

5432-9984-2307

Or I can message you. Or we can send carrier pigeons. Whatever works best. But you have to let me know if you add me as a friend.

We got hit with snow this morning and that slowed my commute to work down a bunch. My neck has been messed up for 2 days straight so that was a nice wrinkle to my shoveling this morning. I'll try to remember to send a friend request tonight.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar
  • Like 2

Just had a class with a kid named Jesus. He was a real stinker. Had to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting with Jesus. Lord, have mercy!

5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Just had a class with a kid named Jesus. He was a real stinker. Had to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting with Jesus. Lord, have mercy!

Shouldn’t Jesus have gone to you, since you’re the teacher, not the other way around?

3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Likely you're joking, or it's just a Southern thining.

Definition #2

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/come-to-Jesus+meeting

I’ve heard of someone having a “come to Jesus moment.” But if someone was going to someone, as the teacher, the student goes to you. I’m just being willfully difficult at this point haha.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:

Likely you're joking, or it's just a Southern thining.

Definition #2

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/come-to-Jesus+meeting

Up here we'd give that kid a swift kid in the ass and tell him to smahten up (New England accent implied). That might just be me though, I don't think my wife who is a teacher is allowed to do that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

One of the managers at our store in El Paso, Texas is named Jesus. We usually have to compete with that store for higher numbers on various things, and whenever we do happen to outrank them in a category during our weekly manager meetings we always joke and say, “Hey, we beat Jesus these week!” and other such jokes.

• Like 1

Whoops, somehow the same thing posted twice.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Just had a class with a kid named Jesus.

That kid needs to open a car dealership when he grows up, it can recalled "Jesus Chrysler"

• Like 1

Is his name actually pronounced Gee-Zuss or Hey-Zeus?

Is his name actually pronounced Gee-Zuss or Hey-Zeus?

Hey-Zeus. He's Greek.

2 hours ago, Woodus said:

That kid needs to open a car dealership when he grows up, it can recalled "Jesus Chrysler"

450?cb=20090630204557

• Like 1

Did my first stream on Twitch today as a test. It was fun

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Vblank typically does limited physical releases so that’d be cool to own as a little collector’s item.

It’s funny that this news comes out too shortly after I’ve hooked my Wii U back in to play some of my older, unfinished games.

10 years ago today we got one heck of a great fighting game from Capcom here in the West - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars. This was the game that got me into more traditional fighting games, and it’s been one of my favorite games to this day. It got overshadowed by Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but many people will claim this was one of the best games for the Wii. It has a fun roster of characters and some great gameplay, and it’s crazy to think it’s been 10 years since I went and picked up my copy. I still have my wall scroll poster of the third image hanging up at my place, and the official fight stick for the game too.

Happy birthday, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. You didn’t shine quite as bright as Marvel vs. Capcom, but you are still one of the best versus fighting games out there.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

10 years ago today we got one heck of a great fighting game from Capcom here in the West - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars. This was the game that got me into more traditional fighting games, and it’s been one of my favorite games to this day. It got overshadowed by Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but many people will claim this was one of the best games for the Wii. It has a fun roster of characters and some great gameplay, and it’s crazy to think it’s been 10 years since I went and picked up my copy. I still have my wall scroll poster of the third image hanging up at my place, and the official fight stick for the game too.

Happy birthday, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. You didn’t shine quite as bright as Marvel vs. Capcom, but you are still one of the best versus fighting games out there.

I admit I slept on this one, but in hindsight, I should immediately have been on board with a fighting game where you can be Tekkaman Blade! Maybe I can find it sometime!

In terms of movies, I’ve been on a South Korean kick lately. I’ve completely glossed over movies made in that country and it’s full of quality. With all that in mind, I’ve been using Letterboxd and the app lists popular movies in the week and Parasite has been on it for what feels like months. On top of that, it’s the highest rated movie and currently the sixth most popular. It also won a Golden Globe for Best Foreign Film and is nominated for Best Picture by the Academy. Needless to say, I’ve been excited to watch it myself. So I go into a Walmart after work today and I get the last copy. Never would have expected a South Korean movie to be such a juggernaut, I can’t wait to watch it this weekend.

• Like 1

Yangus - Try the SNES/NES collections! They're free with Switch online and totally rad.

I've been in the hospital from the 11-27 due to really bad pneunomia that required surgery.

Now I play gaems until I go back to work.

1 hour ago, RyuKisargi said:

Yangus - Try the SNES/NES collections! They're free with Switch online and totally rad.

I've been in the hospital from the 11-27 due to really bad pneunomia that required surgery.

Now I play gaems until I go back to work.

Already have been playing both for nearly 2 weeks already now. 😜

Personally I’m just glad to see some more obscure games in the selections, some on the NES library that I’ve never even heard of. Stunt Racers for SNES may not look the cleanest by today’s standards but it’s a damn impressive SNES game using that FX chip technology. I hope at some point we’ll see the Donkey Kong Country trilogy added.