This morning I went to a diner.

They had a jukebox.

When I saw it had Tom Jones, I knew what I had to do.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

I have two more tournaments coming up. Definitely expanding and making a name for myself

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Dwaine said:

They had a jukebox.

#$*!ing ICONIC bit.

Good C2E2. Met great artists, bought some good comics, talked to nice people in lines, and Genndy Tartakovsky was meeting with fans and taking photos and signing stuff for free to promote his new show. Only disappointment was Al Ewing didn’t seem to be there on the only day I was there, and Nick Spencer was never at his table when I passed by. Still got to get autographs from Ryan Ottley, Donny Cates, Ryan Stegman, Vanessa Del Rey (she drew a little doodle on my copy of Scarlet Witch #15 since there’s so much white space!), Gerry Duggan, David Mack, Gail Simone, and Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti. 

Went to PAX Friday and Saturday and had a pretty good time. I got into Final Fantasy 7 and Animal Crossing on Friday which is all I was looking forward to. I gotta start staying down there since I go for 2 days and it's about an hour and a half each way for me each day.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar
On 2/28/2020 at 1:32 PM, Dwaine said:

They had a jukebox.

Got my Switch replaced finally. I'm quite happy

You ever get a time in your life where you just keep getting bad luck constantly? That has been the entire month of February for me.

First I had my issues with my eye. Thankfully the floater has died down a lot in the last couple weeks. It is still annoying, but more manageable.

My copy of Rune Factory 4 Special showed up on release day. I ordered the collectors edition. Only for the box to be all banged up and damaged the art book. So now I am awaiting for my replacement. So I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Got on new medication that gave me some bad Bruxisim. Now I have some chipped teeth and a small fracture in one. Not in any pain, but I still have to wait until next week to get it looked at the dentist. I hope not much work on it has to be done. But it is still damn annoying.

Gonna see how things turn out this week to see if I will pick up Animal Crossing. Looking forward to unwinding with it after this terrible winter.

Despite all this dumb stuff, I am feeling fantastic. Can't wait for the weather to get better so I can go out and do more.

I had all of Sunday off until the evening. Had to go into work and help with the floor cleaning...that really was a pain, and it took 6 hours to do. Thankfully because of it I only have to go into work for 2 hours on Monday, which will give me enough time to get all my freight work taken care of and plenty of free time the rest of the day to catch up on some sleep and do some other things I need to get done.

I’m finding myself becoming more and more interested in the SaGa series. Returning to Romancing SaGa 2 a few days ago (I blame you for this @Plattym3) has helped rekindle that interest, but it’s also a series I’ve been wanting to learn more about after randomly coming across gameplay footage of the Super Famicom games years ago. RS2 has been fun to return to, and I’m hoping we’ll see a sale on Romancing SaGa 3 in the near future. I’ve heard that game is pretty damn good, and with how much I’ve liked RS2 I’m sure I’ll take to 3 no problem.

• Like 1

My work upgraded our computers so they wiped all of our old ones and gave us the opportunity to purchase the old ones at a discounted price. Brought my old one home last night and I was talking to my cousin about helping me swap out some of the parts so I can upgrade. It's been awhile since I sat down and played through a PC game.

• Like 1
On 3/3/2020 at 5:37 AM, DrippySlimeStar said:

My work upgraded our computers so they wiped all of our old ones and gave us the opportunity to purchase the old ones at a discounted price. Brought my old one home last night and I was talking to my cousin about helping me swap out some of the parts so I can upgrade. It's been awhile since I sat down and played through a PC game.

I don't think I've played a PC game since Warcraft III! lol!

56 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

I remember a kid giving that to me on a flash drive in high school. I had no idea how to play RTS games so I just put on god mode and had a blast.

4 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Hey, Warcraft III got a remaster recently. I hear it’s pretty good ;)

3 hours ago, eal said:

Hey, Warcraft III got a remaster recently. I hear it’s pretty good ;)

So I've heard!

If only i had a computer that was worth a damn. 

38 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

So I've heard!

If only i had a computer that was worth a damn. 

You may want to reconsider.

6 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Always love seeing Matt’s videos going around. I’m glad that he managed to find a new niche after Super Best Friends ended.

18 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Haha! Awesome Video. 

Meh, considering or reconsidering it a moot point. 

I never ever play games on PC

20 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Haha! Awesome Video. 

Meh, considering or reconsidering it a moot point. 

I never ever play games on PC

I don’t either anymore. When I was a kid there were a few games I played on my computer, and in college I played a lot of Team Fortress 2 on my laptop, but after having computer troubles in 2014 I decided I was better off just using the computer/laptop for my school work. I’m still the same way now and only use my computer for any iTunes related things and to do anything work related, but I wouldn’t mind it if I got a home computer if I decided to download TF2 again. That was a fun game.

Also, random trivia, but I managed to beat Psychonauts on my laptop with only using the keyboard. I didn’t have a control to plug in at the time in college, and #$*! me was that difficult.

In the process of finalizing my team for the regionals on pi day. Be sure to watch the stream :D

• Like 1
In the process of finalizing my team for the regionals on pi day. Be sure to watch the stream
No can do, will be eating pie all day long.

Best of luck! May the Pokéballs be with you.
On 2/17/2020 at 2:46 PM, eal said:

Since I always dump on how bad GameStop is, I should give credit for a positive experience I had today. I was interested in getting the 3DS version of Corpse Party but just the cart alone was $40+ on eBay, whereas a used copy at GameStop is only $35.

A nearby GameStop had one in stock so I went in and grabbed it. Case isn’t perfect but the inserts are there and the art for the cover was fine, so I can just order a replacement case on Nintendo’s website and it’ll look barely used. Since they’re doing “buy 2 get 1 free” I figured I’d get more bang for my buck by getting two more games. I noticed immaculate copies of Super Paper Mario and Muramasa: The Demon Blade, two not all that expensive Wii games but it’s rare to find them in such nice conditions. A lot of this particular GameStop’s Wii games were in pretty great condition to be quite honest.

I go up to pay and, try as he might, the employee couldn’t find the Super Paper Mario disc and offered to just give the case to me for free and grab a different game instead to apply to the deal. As a bonus, the disc for Muramasa looked practically unplayed.

This is also the GameStop I got a free DC Bombshells Batwoman Funko POP because they had priced them out for $0.01 but left them on the floor. So I guess I’ll keep this particular store in mind if I want to buy used games again.

So. This GameStop is closing. Naturally, I bought some stuff from their clearance sale. First, I got Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal exclusively because it was only $14 and came with a brand new game and brand new two disc soundtrack. I’m going to try it out and if I think it’s good I might try the Vita games. I do have the shitty looking rhythm game. Anyways, the Wii/Wii U games were 40% off so I also got Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (really wanna play some rail shooters now that I’m busting out my Wii games and I have a zapper), Animal Crossing: City Folk (because of course I would get the older game when people are getting excited for the new one), and Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop for some reason (maybe because it was only $3?).

It makes sense this store is closing. First of all, after I left, I went to the Walmart 7 minutes down the road and there’s another GameStop in that shopping plaza. But also, GameStop just can’t survive as it is. There are almost 6,000 stores. No wonder they’re on they’re verge of collapse. The B2G2 Free deal going on this week, the 4 for $10, and I think also 4 for $20 deals all going on at once screams “desperate for sales.” I won’t mourn them. It was pleasant not having an associate trying to shake me down for a rewards card or protection plan.

12 hours ago, eal said:

It makes sense this store is closing. First of all, after I left, I went to the Walmart 7 minutes down the road and there’s another GameStop in that shopping plaza. But also, GameStop just can’t survive as it is. There are almost 6,000 stores. No wonder they’re on they’re verge of collapse. The B2G2 Free deal going on this week, the 4 for $10, and I think also 4 for $20 deals all going on at once screams “desperate for sales.” I won’t mourn them. It was pleasant not having an associate trying to shake me down for a rewards card or protection plan.

I have a bunch of GameStops within reasonable distance of each other. There's a mall in the state that has 2 GameStops in it...one at one end of the mall, the other at other end. It's ridiculous. The one I used to work at closed because it was in a dead mall and the one that everyone went to is in a shopping plaza 5 minutes down the road. I've been going to Best Buy more for new stuff because they price match.

I finally invested in a phone! It's the first phone I've owned (with service) in four years, and the nicest phone I've ever had. I'm in love!

On 3/5/2020 at 2:10 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I don’t either anymore. When I was a kid there were a few games I played on my computer, and in college I played a lot of Team Fortress 2 on my laptop, but after having computer troubles in 2014 I decided I was better off just using the computer/laptop for my school work. I’m still the same way now and only use my computer for any iTunes related things and to do anything work related, but I wouldn’t mind it if I got a home computer if I decided to download TF2 again. That was a fun game.

Also, random trivia, but I managed to beat Psychonauts on my laptop with only using the keyboard. I didn’t have a control to plug in at the time in college, and #$*! me was that difficult.

TF2 was THE game I played when the Orange Box came out. Playing on 24/7 2fort servers all day and mained the medic. Good times.

I heard the PvE stuff they added is pretty good. But I haven't tried it yet.

Coronavirus fears have officially hit MA. My coworkers have told me the bread aisles at their local supermarkets were sold out. On my end, I haven’t seen anything as bad as all that, but the employees were all wearing gloves. The company I work for has instituted some measures too, but it all seems kinda pointless to me. I work with a lot of customers and 1 in maybe 5 will have something to say about it.

51 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

TF2 was THE game I played when the Orange Box came out. Playing on 24/7 2fort servers all day and mained the medic. Good times.

I heard the PvE stuff they added is pretty good. But I haven't tried it yet.

It’s the game that got me to download steam to my laptop. I had some other games via Steam, but of all the games I owned on their TF2 was my most played by far. I’m not someone who likes FPS games either, so the fact one even appealed to me is still nuts to think about.

• Like 1