7 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I was just giving ya #$*!. What are some of your favorite moments?

lol I figured as much.

I really liked the scene in the throne room with Rey, Snoke, and Kylo Ren as well as the battle with the Praetorian Guard. Pretty much any scene with Kylo Ren is great, I think he’s one of the best characters in Star Wars. The part where we learn what Luke did to drive Kylo Ren towards the Dark Side. The theme of failure and rising up from it was great to me as well.

I actually saw it the day it came out, but I heard before going in that stuff with Luke was controversial, and I took that knowledge with me when I went to see it. The reveal of what Luke did to Kylo, if I remember correctly, was broken up into two parts: here’s what he did, and then here’s what he really did, the full context so it doesn’t seem as bad. So I was super confused when you find out that he backed out and he felt guilty about his moment of weakness, but that he thought about doing it at all was controversial.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

I was checking my Messenger app this morning and found out I won a Cuphead vinyl soundtrack giveaway! The 2nd anniversary of the game was a short while ago, and during the week of the anniversary Stud

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, eal said:

lol I figured as much.

I really liked the scene in the throne room with Rey, Snoke, and Kylo Ren as well as the battle with the Praetorian Guard. Pretty much any scene with Kylo Ren is great, I think he’s one of the best characters in Star Wars. The part where we learn what Luke did to drive Kylo Ren towards the Dark Side. The theme of failure and rising up from it was great to me as well.

I actually saw it the day it came out, but I heard before going in that stuff with Luke was controversial, and I took that knowledge with me when I went to see it. The reveal of what Luke did to Kylo, if I remember correctly, was broken up into two parts: here’s what he did, and then here’s what he really did, the full context so it doesn’t seem as bad. So I was super confused when you find out that he backed out and he felt guilty about his moment of weakness, but that he thought about doing it at all was controversial.

I just wanted more with Luke. I wanted to see what this legendary character had been up to all this time. How had he increased his power? How had he evolved? I was just let down. And I get it, all the stuff that had happened made him the way he was and the way they

killed him

wasn't done well. I expecting it to happen but I wasn't ready for it.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar
1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I just wanted more with Luke. I wanted to see what this legendary character had been up to all this time. How had he increased his power? How had he evolved? I was just let down. And I get it, all the stuff that had happened made him the way he was and the way they

Hide contents

killed him

wasn't done well. I expecting it to happen but I wasn't ready for it.

I’m quite glad they brought his character low. Just because he resisted temptation in Episode VI doesn’t me he can never be tempted again, and seeing that he gave into it is an interesting idea. He was just a normal guy, that was part of why people liked him, and giving him human weaknesses is just an extension of that. Me personally, I wouldn’t want to see Luke become some legendary hero that’s grown stronger and better and wiser. I wanna see him evolve as a person, not as a Jedi. This was a Luke we hadn’t seen (in the movies, I don’t read the books), and it made sense how he got there so I liked this interpretation of him:

Edited by eal

I haven't been enamored with new Star Wars at all. I read probably 30-40 books in the Expanded Universe in the 90s and 00s. All that tossed = little interest and the new characters haven't resonated at all. From being back at a desert planet for most of 7 to the character of Kylo Ren at all, it's pretty much a pass of a series now for me. Glad others like it and no hate, but I'll stick to all my new Star Trek. Loving Discovery and can't wait for Picard. I think they went the right direction making those shows look like movie quality, while Star Wars went looking like it was filmed in the 70s still. It's kinda how I can't really do a lot of NES or SNES games anymore, I've become used to nice-looking things.

8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I haven't been enamored with new Star Wars at all. I read probably 30-40 books in the Expanded Universe in the 90s and 00s. All that tossed = little interest and the new characters haven't resonated at all. From being back at a desert planet for most of 7 to the character of Kylo Ren at all, it's pretty much a pass of a series now for me. Glad others like it and no hate, but I'll stick to all my new Star Trek. Loving Discovery and can't wait for Picard. I think they went the right direction making those shows look like movie quality, while Star Wars went looking like it was filmed in the 70s still. It's kinda how I can't really do a lot of NES or SNES games anymore, I've become used to nice-looking things.

I don’t care about Star Wars either. Only ones I genuinely like are the original trilogy. No interest in trying to watch the prequel trilogy or all the new movies and shows they are doing for Star Wars. Honestly it seems like it’s getting run into the ground at this point. Nothing against those who like it though.

Star Wars isn’t really my favorite franchise either. I watched the Original Trilogy and liked them well enough. I grew up with the Prequels, so even though I know they’re bad, I get a touch of nostalgia watching them, especially Episode I. I liked both sequels but I had some problems with them, but the online discourse over Episode VIII has made it so I don’t even want to engage with that community at this point.

• Like 1

They should've stuck with just the original trilogy. If you want to make the prequels that's fine but the sequels aren't needed. Well...expect in the mind of Disney who decided they need a constant stream of money from making a new Star wars movie every year until the end of time. I'll love Star Wars until the day I die but I'll always prefer to watch an OT movie instead of the others. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

They should've stuck with just the original trilogy. If you want to make the prequels that's fine but the sequels aren't needed. Well...expect in the mind of Disney who decided they need a constant stream of money from making a new Star wars movie every year until the end of time. I'll love Star Wars until the day I die but I'll always prefer to watch an OT movie instead of the others. 

By this perspective, the Expanded Universe media isn’t needed either. I’ll always be pro-good media, whether it is necessarily needed or not. I might question it’s existence but so long as it’s good I don’t care. Regardless, Disney paid 4 billion dollars for Star Wars, of course they’re gonna make more movies. I read they only just recouped the cost last year. I’m not defending the cynical business decisions of a mega-corp that owns 35% of the entire movie industry, I’m just saying it’s to be expected from a mega-corp that owns 35% of the movie industry.

I got an email from Nintendo telling me I can check my Switch stats for the year. Figured why not look at them, and this is what I ended up with for most played games (not shown is Super Mario Odyssey at #4):

D56D1F64-795E-46AB-B5AE-AA1133AA661A.thumb.png.bc6334d2a4ccbf9f58d9dcd394543454.pngFirst off, I’m not surprised Smash Ultimate was my most played game. Smash usually ends up as my most played game on my Nintendo consoles, and Smash Ultimate has been fun to jump back into every month.

Second, my play hours in total for my Switch this year...holy #$*!. Not even gonna post that picture. 😳

I don’t know how it ended up so high, but I’ve definitely gotten my money’s worth out of my Switch ever since I bought it at the end of June this year. It’s certainly been great having a high quality Nintendo console again, and despite being 2 years late to the Switch party its been fun.

Non-gaming wise, I’m almost done with all my Christmas stuff. Got the homemade chocolates all boxed up and ready to go for my co-workers and friends, have most of my gifts and will wrap them up this weekend (provided the last few arrive by then), and got my Secret Santa gift for work ready.

Only one more week till Christmas! Can’t wait for that. I love Christmas, and can’t wait to finally give these Christmas gifts away.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Tried to look at mine, just says to buy a console. Anyone else's not working? 

Star Wars was pretty good. Not the best but also no the worst. Just pretty neat.
I read all the spoilers. I'll wait for it on Disney+
Tried to look at mine, just says to buy a console. Anyone else's not working? 
Mine tracked playtime since April and congratulated me on buying it in June, so that was definitely off.

WAIT! I just double-checked. Interesting. I bought my Switch used. The girl I bought from gave me the receipts and all boxes and such (it was mint!). Sure enough the date on the sales receipt matches June 2018 which is what Nintendo said (I just assumed they meant 2019). Also, explains why the first game I played is just blank. Interesting that some of its stats were tied to a console, most were tied to my actual Nintendo account.

The lost dog has come back to town!

Wishing you all happy holidays as I finally start playing DQ11S after so long waiting!

I have missed this place!

• Like 3
Wishing you all happy holidays as I finally start playing DQ11S after so long waiting!
We've missed you. I put up signs around the neighborhood, but no one called.
12 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
17 hours ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

We've missed you. I put up signs around the neighborhood, but no one called.

To be honest, I picked the dumbest reason EVER to stay off the boards.  It's the massive bloat in my backlog.  I have the nasty6 habit of getting my next game before I've even finished the previous one... and I KNOW I'm not the only one to do this... but... it just felt so ridiculous to me.  I felt so flighty, mercurial and foolish, I kinda drifted off in shame.  Why come to a place to post about my doings when I'm not getting anything done?  

I'm glad I got over myself enough to come back though!

• Like 1

To be honest, I picked the dumbest reason EVER to stay off the boards.  It's the massive bloat in my backlog.  I have the nasty6 habit of getting my next game before I've even finished the previous one... and I KNOW I'm not the only one to do this... but... it just felt so ridiculous to me.  I felt so flighty, mercurial and foolish, I kinda drifted off in shame.  Why come to a place to post about my doings when I'm not getting anything done?  
I'm glad I got over myself enough to come back though!
I always end up forgetting to post and begin lurking without realizing it.
  • Like 1
On 12/21/2019 at 3:16 PM, The Dog of Zahan said:

One of my Christmas gifts was the Zelda: Breath of the Wild soundtrack. I was surprised I got it as a gift in the first place, so I was pretty excited to open it up. I figured it would go fairly quick getting it onto my computer and iPod...but 211 songs and 5 CDs later I finally got it finished.

I didn’t realize that there were THAT many songs until I looked at the end results. Oh, and it’s 6 hours and 23 minutes of music. HO. LY. CRAP! I guess when I really think about it Breath of the Wild does have a lot of music, but damn! Definitely have a number of favorites from the game I’ll be spreading across my various playlists.

Anyway, Christmas was fun this year. We had weather in the 50s here so I ended up wearing a t-shirt and shorts to my family Christmas! Everyone thought I was just joking at brunch out at my grandparents, but nope! It was a good idea too since it got hot in the house with so many of us there, but with all the good food and company it was a very fun evening.

I always love it when Christmas rolls around. It’s a good time. Hope everyone else had a great Christmas too!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

All I did for Christmas this year was make a simple chicken dinner and inviting a bunch of friends over for an evening of Smash. We ended up watching part of the new Witcher show as well. Was pretty good overall.

I got to experience caring a 1 year old to four different houses this year for Christmas.

23 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I just finished up The Mandalorian and have a real itch to play Bounty Hunter on the Gamecube now. Seems to be a pretty short game so I may try to blast through it over my holiday break. I took time off until 1/6 from my work.

Man, NOW you’re abandoning FF7? We’re gonna have to put all these games in a cardboard box and leave a “Please take to a good home,” sign with them.