Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

14 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Yeah, the holidays I am typically busy with social gatherings and such. I typically play a game for 1 to 2 hours a day and have a huge marathon of about 20 hours during the weekend if time allows it when I play RPGs. So I should be able to manage it. Especially since I typically have less work during winter.

My gameplay habits are so backwards when it comes to the holiday season. I play more than usual, despite being so busy. I typically have a game I bought on Black Friday that I play until my birthday, then I play whatever I got on my birthday thoroughly until Christmas. And in the last few years I’ve occasionally started and finished whole games on Christmas. Like, I think I did all of Muramasa Rebirth (at least one character’s story) in the span of that single day.

My gameplay habits are so backwards when it comes to the holiday season. I play more than usual, despite being so busy. I typically have a game I bought on Black Friday that I play until my birthday, then I play whatever I got on my birthday thoroughly until Christmas. And in the last few years I’ve occasionally started and finished whole games on Christmas. Like, I think I did all of Muramasa Rebirth (at least one character’s story) in the span of that single day.
Dude go play with your family. They're free!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Dude go play with your family. They're free!

I do! I’m constantly doing stuff with them all season. If you’re referring to Christmas specifically, there’s a lot of “down time” throughout the day. We finish opening gifts by 10 and “play with our toys,” so to speak, basically in the same room or the kitchen pretty much the whole day, but we’re still in each other’s presence having conversations. My dad typically gets movies so there’s a movie on the TV pretty much all day and night and he typically gets super drunk the night before and sleeps on the couch the whole day.

We used to travel to Plymouth to visit my grandparents but ever since my grandad passed away we typically have my grandma over for Christmas Eve now that she lives basically a short bike ride away from my parents, and then she spends Christmas Day with my aunt’s side of the family.

Edited by eal

I do! I’m constantly doing stuff with them all season. If you’re referring to Christmas specifically, there’s a lot of “down time” throughout the day. We finish opening gifts by 10 and “play with our toys,” so to speak, basically in the same room or the kitchen pretty much the whole day, but we’re still in each other’s presence having conversations. My dad typically gets movies so there’s a movie on the TV pretty much all day and night and he typically gets super drunk the night before and sleeps on the couch the whole day.
We used to travel to Plymouth to visit my grandparents but ever since my grandad passed away we typically have my grandma over for Christmas Eve now that she lives basically a short bike ride away from my parents, and then she spends Christmas Day with my aunt’s side of the family.
Man I miss that downtime. We have an 18 month old and my sister in law has a one year old so Thanksgiving was pretty crazy this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Man I miss that downtime. We have an 18 month old and my sister in law has a one year old so Thanksgiving was pretty crazy this year.

If it makes you feel better, it’s really my only downtime. I work a half day every other Saturday, so some weeks I only get a day and a half to myself, and I’m typically using that time on ventures other than personal time. Personal time is at a premium and the only quality time I get are staycations and holidays. I got REALLY into reading manga this year because it’s highly consumable on my phone ever since Shonen Jump introduced its “Netflix for manga” subscription at the end of 2018. I can read a chapter in like 5 minutes and from anywhere at any time, which I can’t do with my other interests. I read nearly all of Bleach just in an airport and on a plane during a vacation.

I can’t do that with games, I don’t bring handhelds with me on trips, ironically. Aside from just having a general fear of losing a $200 piece of hardware with hours worth of save files on it, any time I have brought it somewhere I don’t get enough time to actually do anything and it just sits in my luggage bag all vacation, or I’d feel like I’m being watched if I took out, say, my Vita while in the airport.

If it makes you feel better, it’s really my only downtime. I work a half day every other Saturday, so some weeks I only get a day and a half to myself, and I’m typically using that time on ventures other than personal time. Personal time is at a premium and the only quality time I get are staycations and holidays. I got REALLY into reading manga this year because it’s highly consumable on my phone ever since Shonen Jump introduced its “Netflix for manga” subscription at the end of 2018. I can read a chapter in like 5 minutes and from anywhere at any time, which I can’t do with my other interests. I read nearly all of Bleach just in an airport and on a plane during a vacation.
I can’t do that with games, I don’t bring handhelds with me on trips, ironically. Aside from just having a general fear of losing a $200 piece of hardware with hours worth of save files on it, any time I have brought it somewhere I don’t get enough time to actually do anything and it just sits in my luggage bag all vacation, or I’d feel like I’m being watched if I took out, say, my Vita while in the airport.
Yeah work sucks when it obliterates free time. America needs to go down to 30 hour work weeks.

• Like 1

In March I will be attending Canada's largest Pokemon tournament. I'm excited

• Like 3

I just earned a reward in Love Live! SIF for logging in a total of 1600 days. That’s just counting the days I’ve booted up the app. By early next year, somewhere around late March, I will have been playing for 5 years.

I just earned a reward in Love Live! SIF for logging in a total of 1600 days. That’s just counting the days I’ve booted up the app. By early next year, somewhere around late March, I will have been playing for 5 years.
I can honestly say I haven't probably booted up a game on my phone in over 2 years or even have your 1600 times total on 10 years. Wow!

3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
13 hours ago, eal said:

I can honestly say I haven't probably booted up a game on my phone in over 2 years or even have your 1600 times total on 10 years. Wow!

Also worth noting that it’s a F2P game and I haven’t spent a single dime on it.

• Like 1