Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

7 minutes ago, Bururian said:

Who are you?

4E552AEA-B76E-4CD3-808F-016DF729B176.gif.b08cef3e519cb4da9549541aaf1d89b9.gif

Why the hell is Halo 2 over 40GB? Every other game in the master chief collection (so far, Reach comes out in a couple weeks) is less than 10.

I have returned.

I think the last time I was here I was probably drunk off my butt 99% of the time?

I have returned.

I think the last time I was here I was probably drunk off my butt 99% of the time?
Give yourself some credit. It was 95% max.

Been a long past 10 days. Wife had kidney stones last week, so ER visits and operations and 15% of my yearly salary passed by with lots of pain and suffering and tons of time sitting in waiting rooms playing Strange Journey Redux. Finally she's all good and we're headed off for a few days of family fun. Put 17 video games up for sale on eBay last night. Should bring in some decent money. Been meaning to clear out the game drawer for a long time. If you haven't heard me say it before, I don't keep games that basically either aren't DQ or I can no longer play. It's never been my nature. I think more than half of my 347 or so ratings on ebay since 199 have been for video game purchases or sales. Time to purge!

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Been a long past 10 days. Wife had kidney stones last week, so ER visits and operations and 15% of my yearly salary passed by with lots of pain and suffering and tons of time sitting in waiting rooms playing Strange Journey Redux.

According to someone in my family, they once had a kidney stone that was too big to pass comfortably and had to have surgery to remove it or some such. He wanted to avoid that so he spent an entire night trying to pass it, and after he finished and went back to the doctor, he was told he experienced the closest approximation a man can have to giving birth.

According to someone in my family, they once had a kidney stone that was too big to pass comfortably and had to have surgery to remove it or some such. He wanted to avoid that so he spent an entire night trying to pass it, and after he finished and went back to the doctor, he was told he experienced the closest approximation a man can have to giving birth.
Exactly. My wife said the only way to equate her pain was childbirth. But worse.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Been a long past 10 days. Wife had kidney stones last week, so ER visits and operations and 15% of my yearly salary passed by with lots of pain and suffering and tons of time sitting in waiting rooms playing Strange Journey Redux. Finally she's all good and we're headed off for a few days of family fun. Put 17 video games up for sale on eBay last night. Should bring in some decent money. Been meaning to clear out the game drawer for a long time. If you haven't heard me say it before, I don't keep games that basically either aren't DQ or I can no longer play. It's never been my nature. I think more than half of my 347 or so ratings on ebay since 199 have been for video game purchases or sales. Time to purge!

You talking about the kidney stone reminds me of this episode of Seinfeld. 

If you’re cleaning out your gaming drawer, you should consider some new turn based RPGs. Like the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga remake on the 3DS... 😃

I've been downloading the Halo Master Chief Collection all week and it's still only 76% done with Halo 2. Internet here sucks. D;

It’s funny to think that a year ago was when I was in that Suikoden craze. Suikoden 1 and 2 were some great games to play through on the Vita last year. I enjoyed 2 more than 1 overall, but both games complimented each other and were a lot of fun to play. I had my frustrations with them, but I’d place them on my favorite RPGs list and definitely as some of my favorite PS1 games.

Also, got to give a shout out to the music and it’s composer, Miki Higashino. For her only composing full soundtracks for Suikoden 1 and 2 and fading into the background after that, she did a phenomenal job with both games and created many wonderful songs. She definitely took full advantage of what the PS1 sound capabilities were able to pull off.

• Like 1

Found this in my Google Drive and felt like sharing:

uc?export=download&id=0B16I1pI-pI9DeFVyR

I created this logo for the fan translation, although they chose a different one for the patch.

• Like 2

Anyone have experience with software used in restaurants? Looking to hear about experiences.

My graphics card and my television both just died within 10 minutes of each other. THANKS.

I hate the holidays. Nothing good ever comes from them.

2 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

My graphics card and my television both just died within 10 minutes of each other. THANKS.

Silver lining: no better time for that to happen then the day before Black Friday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eal said:

Silver lining: no better time for that to happen then the day before Black Friday.

Except I have less than $5 to my name so I don't get to partake in Black Friday deals.

I bought a capture card. It should be here next week

This clip was the best part of the whole parade:

• Like 1

Oh hey @Plattym3, it’s Erik in that clip! 🤪

I had a pretty good Thanksgiving. Made a dish this morning and spent most of the day out at my grandparents’ place. Plenty of good food and company, and I helped my younger cousins learn how to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I had turned on the assistance stuff, but they never noticed and were having fun racing each other.

I’m glad that, for the first time in 7 years, I don’t have to do an overnight or early morning Black Friday shift. SUPER happy about that, as I didn’t have to worry the whole day about when I should get some sleep, having to leave from Thanksgiving early, and so forth. I hate having to worry about that crap, so I’m glad I’m the closing manager tomorrow at work. 

My kids were going crazy. They definitely thought it was Erik and were so excited!

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
6 hours ago, eal said:

My kids were going crazy. They definitely thought it was Erik and were so excited!

I was cackling when whomever it was that was reading his scripted fact sheet started laughing hysterically.

3 hours ago, eal said:

I was cackling when whomever it was that was reading his scripted fact sheet started laughing hysterically.

That would be Hoda Kotb (that’s how her name is actually spelled by the way). She’s kind of a nut job, so her cracking up is pretty normal.

On 11/28/2019 at 5:02 PM, Erdrick The Hero said:

Not to get dark but I hate these last 2 months of the year. My family doesn't enjoy getting together like they used to when my grandma was alive and keeping us together and it's just not the same. I usually get better by March but man I hate the winter in New England. I hope everything works out for you.

Man, the holidays have made me really busy this year.

• Like 1

My mother had to go to the hospital for a really bad infection for a week. They had her stay a bit longer to do studies on her since it was an infection they never seen before. Doctors determined the infection was caused from the needle itself. She is back and doing well but I have to keep an eye on her around the clock.

On other news. I picked up Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn for $20. Two games I really have no time for to play right now. I still have Shenmue 1 and 2 I picked up last black friday and still haven't even opened it yet. If Persona 5 turns out to be as good as people are saying, I won't mind picking up the new version down the road at a later time. Just gotta find the time for it.

• Like 1

Got a call from work telling us to hold off on our commute tomorrow until they tell us whether they’re cancelling or issuing a delay or something. Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

On other news. I picked up Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn for $20. Two games I really have no time for to play right now. I still have Shenmue 1 and 2 I picked up last black friday and still haven't even opened it yet. If Persona 5 turns out to be as good as people are saying, I won't mind picking up the new version down the road at a later time. Just gotta find the time for it.

It’s 80+ hours, 100 if you’re really thorough, so keep that in mind when factoring in your decision to play it in the immediate future. I typically got in about 2-3 hours a day and it took me altogether two months, so if you’re similar in that regard, I imagine that’ll be even more tough to manage around the holidays.

8 minutes ago, eal said:

Got a call from work telling us to hold off on our commute tomorrow until they tell us whether they’re cancelling or issuing a delay or something. Fingers crossed!

It’s 80+ hours, 100 if you’re really thorough, so keep that in mind when factoring in your decision to play it in the immediate future. I typically got in about 2-3 hours a day and it took me altogether two months, so if you’re similar in that regard, I imagine that’ll be even more tough to manage around the holidays.

Yeah, the holidays I am typically busy with social gatherings and such. I typically play a game for 1 to 2 hours a day and have a huge marathon of about 20 hours during the weekend if time allows it when I play RPGs. So I should be able to manage it. Especially since I typically have less work during winter.

• Like 1