Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

17 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
21 hours ago, Democrobot said:
I went to a Smash tourney yesterday. Tilted pretty bad but at least I know where I need improvements

6 year-old Plattym4 spent time today explaining specifically what I was doing wrong with certain items in Smash.

Don't hit the fake ball or you'll go boom boom

• Like 1

Got back from a follow up eye exam. Eye hemorrhage is all gone. So I have good eye health again. 

4 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Got back from a follow up eye exam. Eye hemorrhage is all gone. So I have good eye health again. 

Eye'm glad to hear that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Democrobot said:

Eye'm glad to hear that!

Yeah, it was quite the spectacle!

• Like 1

Got some stuff delivered from a couple amazing members of the Den. @Plattym3 made some of my favorite sprite work in perler beads. The GBC sprites are the party I had when I finished my first playthrough. The glasses are from @Michi as well as that other thing :overjoyed2:. I have wanted something signed by Yuji Hori for the longest time. This signed game is now the prized possession in my collection and I will treasure it for the rest of my life. I know Platty is here every day but, Michi when you come back I hope you know how much I appreciate you both. I sent you both messages separately on various social medias but I want everyone in the fandom to know how big of stars you are to me. Thank you both for everything. 

20191021_092357.jpg

20191021_092342.jpg

20191021_122620.jpg

20191021_122548.jpg

• Like 1

Got some stuff delivered from a couple amazing members of the Den. [mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention] made some of my favorite sprite work in perler beads. The GBC sprites are the party I had when I finished my first playthrough. The glasses are from [mention=3709]Michi[/mention] as well as that other thing :overjoyed2:. I have wanted something signed by Yuji Hori for the longest time. This signed game is now the prized possession in my collection and I will treasure it for the rest of my life. I know Platty is here every day but, Michi when you come back I hope you know how much I appreciate you both. I sent you both messages separately on various social medias but I want everyone in the fandom to know how big of stars you are to me. Thank you both for everything. 

20191021_092357.thumb.jpg.840e3dff664649ac327dac128af83354.jpg

20191021_092342.thumb.jpg.ff31333ac2e20e426fad034ced1da6cd.jpg

20191021_122620.thumb.jpg.718b3414853a8616d5f02d99fa11248d.jpg

20191021_122548.thumb.jpg.e32a365d1df6557d066dd470d747daea.jpg

I am super jealous of all of those things.

I am super jealous of all of those things.

Meh. 2 out of 3.

I haven’t really noticed it’s already so close to Halloween due to working so much this month. I’m trying to watch and read a few Halloween related things before October ends, and I’m starting with Over the Garden Wall. Saw it a few years ago when I was in college and I was pretty impressed by the show. It has a good blend of creepy and funny, good animation and style, and some great voice work and music. The theme of the show “Into the Unknown,” popped into my head a few days ago, and it’s started my Halloween mad-dash of sorts.

It’s worth a watch if you haven’t seen it. Here’s the full version of the song I just mentioned to give you a taste.

Hell yeah I got my Friday and Saturday PAX East tickets. @Liamland if you end up going again this year it'd be great to catch up again. I'll even join you in touring the floor...I still feel bad for ditching you last year. I'll let my friends know I have another person to hang out with there lol.

Oh, don't worry about it. I know there's tons of people to meet up and hard to gather groups to do any one thing, so even meeting for a short time was cool.

The only thing that would keep me from PAX East this year is if I got a job on West Coast, but that is unfortunately unrealistic as most companies don't want to pay for me to move or want me to be local to come in for an interview at a moment's notice. BUT, if I do make it, I have a really good idea for cosplay that I'm psyched to do at the next con I go to, which will hopefully be PAX East.

8 minutes ago, Liamland said:

Oh, don't worry about it. I know there's tons of people to meet up and hard to gather groups to do any one thing, so even meeting for a short time was cool.

The only thing that would keep me from PAX East this year is if I got a job on West Coast, but that is unfortunately unrealistic as most companies don't want to pay for me to move or want me to be local to come in for an interview at a moment's notice. BUT, if I do make it, I have a really good idea for cosplay that I'm psyched to do at the next con I go to, which will hopefully be PAX East.

Awesome! I'll be sure to bring my DS and a copy of Dragon Quest IX juuuuust in case. I felt so bad denying you on that as well. Plus I gotta get another picture with Westy! :overjoyed2:

Oh yeah. Hopefully he'll be there too. He typically cosplays as a slime, so he's easy to spot.

So we recorded our podcast with special guest Nawaria last night to talk about DQX. Platty edited it and posted it today. It's a really interesting window into what we're missing.

https://anchor.fm/podcast-d4a5800/episodes/Episode-006---Nawaria--DQX-e81ev7

• Like 1

Dammmnnn. I was interested in going to Pax East this year and when I went to check the dates, it’s literally the same week as C2E2. :(

Our economy just took a huge hit. 20,000 jobs lost because of budget cuts. Students also got hit hard with tuition raises, budget cuts of 10-12%, and student loan interest going up.

“My glasses! I can’t be seen without my glasses!”

I blame Over the Garden Wall for leading me back to Johnny Bravo, which led me to this scene.

After spending hours writing sub plans and making copies and preparing a sub to teach a Robotics coding class without actually having the kids use my robots on Monday, I check the county website at 5pm just as I have my classroom all set for Monday, and...

Nope, don't have to report to Jury Duty.

Fine then. I'll consider time wasted as my civic duty and I'll be ready when they call for me again in 23 years.

Is that the bunny suit Jade you've been going on and on about?

Today was one nice day. I switched a day with one of the other full time managers (I worked her Sunday, she worked my Saturday), so I lucked out and got the entire day off. Got to enjoy the last day of the grill out season at the grocery store I go to, found some cool stuff when shopping, including all the Super Mario Hallmark Christmas ornaments, and went to a live music performance of the Wizard of Oz soundtrack.

The concert/movie performance was AMAZING. Absolutely loved it! There were a few hiccups in the music due to the timing of the movie, but it didn’t detract too much from the orchestra’s playing quality and the overall performance. I was really impressed how many times I got myself not thinking about a live orchestra playing the movie music.

Next big concert I plan to go to is a Disney music concert that will be coming February 2020 and performed by Orchestra Iowa. I’m looking forward to next year already!

Nice when a $7 purchase with free shipping comes from Japan in less than a week. Got some new slime magnets. Considerably bigger than the ones I've had forever. 0037584d5b01a4d31255a6ed1a265a62.jpgf96c859fef38a82df6525bbc86cb11ea.jpg

• Like 1

It's snowing here. Tomorrow I bake banana bread

16 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Nice when a $7 purchase with free shipping comes from Japan in less than a week. Got some new slime magnets. Considerably bigger than the ones I've had forever. 0037584d5b01a4d31255a6ed1a265a62.jpgf96c859fef38a82df6525bbc86cb11ea.jpg

Nice! Where did you order those at?

Nice! Where did you order those at?
Amazon!

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:14 AM, Plattym3 said:

Nice when a $7 purchase with free shipping comes from Japan in less than a week. 

Ordering from Japan is my favorite guessing game. With Ebay it's actually gotten pretty fast but I remember waiting upwards of a month for stuff. Hell, the copy of Ni no Kuni on DS took 2 months to get to me and smelled like wet dog.

• Like 1

I look outside as I’m getting ready for bed and apparently it’s been snowing for the last 2 hours according to my weather app! Why is there snow here in Iowa at the end of October?!

I guess if snow is still around on the 31st, we can start singing “I’m dreaming of a White Hallow’s Eve,” instead of “White Christmas.”

7 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I look outside as I’m getting ready for bed and apparently it’s been snowing for the last 2 hours according to my weather app! Why is there snow here in Iowa at the end of October?!

I guess if snow is still around on the 31st, we can start singing “I’m dreaming of a White Hallow’s Eve,” instead of “White Christmas.”

Yeah, I took an inch of snow of the kids' car this morning. Luckily it really didn't stick on the roads too much. Although it was a bit strange to see our pumpkins lit up with now around them :)

I had frost on my car a couple days ago. I moved my ice scraper from my trunk to the back seat of my car...