Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

1 hour ago, Democrobot said:

Working on some children's books. I gotta say the art in the books currently on the market are dull and drab. Hoping mine turn out better.

I swear, every work-related post you make is something totally different from a previous one. You truly are a Jack of Alltrades.

24 minutes ago, eal said:

I swear, every work-related post you make is something totally different from a previous one. You truly are a Jack of Alltrades.

Either that or he’s already having his mid-life crisis.

20 minutes ago, eal said:

Jack of Alltrades but Master of Nu'un

After work today I had to make a run for groceries and replace a Switch controller. I went to Wal-Mart and found a magnet that looks like a certain Dragon Quest monster.

First, the Wal-Mart Picture:

E4E87129-7B13-49E6-AF0A-4E99954FD36E.thumb.jpeg.9222cf99bac3ae289538d6f60fab36ae.jpeg

Next, the monster it looks like, the Mummy Boy from Dragon Quest III:

spacer.png

And finally, thanks to @Plattym3, we got this put together to show this off.

89ABB03E-7CEE-4888-865E-B8DEFF338937.thumb.jpeg.f6bf633049a6e86a7c92478373cedb65.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

After work today I had to make a run for groceries and replace a Switch controller. I went to Wal-Mart and found a magnet that looks like a certain Dragon Quest monster.

First, the Wal-Mart Picture:

E4E87129-7B13-49E6-AF0A-4E99954FD36E.thumb.jpeg.9222cf99bac3ae289538d6f60fab36ae.jpeg

Next, the monster it looks like, the Mummy Boy from Dragon Quest III:

spacer.png

And finally, thanks to @Plattym3, we got this put together to show this off.

89ABB03E-7CEE-4888-865E-B8DEFF338937.thumb.jpeg.f6bf633049a6e86a7c92478373cedb65.jpeg

They’re exactly the same right down to like where the bandages are wrapped. Like, look at all the black spots and where all the bandage ends hang compare. I would legit accuse them of plagiarism.

Quick! Someone take that Office meme of Pam comparing pictures and make a meme of this.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

Been working on my to-do list. It's not looking pretty. Just a lot to get done as I slowly chip away at it.

30 minutes ago, eal said:

They’re exactly the same right down to like where the bandages are wrapped. Like, look at all the black spots and where all the bandage ends hang compare. I would legit accuse them of plagiarism.

Quick! Someone take that Office meme of Pam comparing pictures and make a meme of this.

I bought it and can now say I have unofficial DQ merch.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club. I got my cheap mini-Lego knock offs.

8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
9 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Welcome to the club. I got my cheap mini-Lego knock offs.

What’s funny about the magnet is that, when I looked on the back of it, it says it was made in 2008.

I’m going to assume someone has been at that Wal-Mart long enough that, once all the DQ games started coming out this year, they were like, “Okay guys, time to break out the magnet!” because they were just so hyped by all the DQ games.

What’s funny about the magnet is that, when I looked on the back of it, it says it was made in 2008.
I’m going to assume someone has been at that Wal-Mart long enough that, once all the DQ games started coming out this year, they were like, “Okay guys, time to break out the magnet!” because they were just so hyped by all the DQ games.
There goes my plan to get one tomorrow.
  • Like 1

I was checking my Messenger app this morning and found out I won a Cuphead vinyl soundtrack giveaway! The 2nd anniversary of the game was a short while ago, and during the week of the anniversary Studio MDHR was running a week long giveaway for different goodies each day. One of the days was a team up with iam8bit featuring a chance to win 1 out of 10 vinyl records featuring various songs from Cuphead, and lo and behold ol’ Yangus was one of the lucky winners!

CA67D500-79F4-4E32-A597-EAE5BDE93767.jpeg.4c9e172c7c90cb7dde24a92ebee312f7.jpeg

By the sounds of it the vinyl will arrive in about 3 to 4 weeks. I’m pretty excited I won this as I really enjoy the music from Cuphead.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I was checking my Messenger app this morning and found out I won a Cuphead vinyl soundtrack giveaway! The 2nd anniversary of the game was a short while ago, and during the week of the anniversary Studio MDHR was running a week long giveaway for different goodies each day. One of the days was a team up with iam8bit featuring a chance to win 1 out of 10 vinyl records featuring various songs from Cuphead, and lo and behold ol’ Yangus was one of the lucky winners!

CA67D500-79F4-4E32-A597-EAE5BDE93767.jpeg.4c9e172c7c90cb7dde24a92ebee312f7.jpeg

By the sounds of it the vinyl will arrive in about 3 to 4 weeks. I’m pretty excited I won this as I really enjoy the music from Cuphead.

Nice! I meant to get the game on sale on Switch. I'm not one for difficult games but I was able to get through Celeste after initially being intimidated by it. I feel like with the game focusing on bosses and fights not taking too long, starting over and over might not be a problem.

What part of store did you find the magnet? Hit up a couple Wal-Marts today and couldn't find it.

Working on some children's books. I gotta say the art in the books currently on the market are dull and drab. Hoping mine turn out better.

It really depends on where you're looking. I still see lots of nice stuff, but there certainly has been a trending style. It also depends on what sort of illustrator the publisher pairs the writer up with, and how good that artist's agent is.

1 hour ago, Dwaine said:

What part of store did you find the magnet? Hit up a couple Wal-Marts today and couldn't find it.

It really depends on where you're looking. I still see lots of nice stuff, but there certainly has been a trending style. It also depends on what sort of illustrator the publisher pairs the writer up with, and how good that artist's agent is.

The magnet was were they have all the Halloween costumes and decorations. It was on the end of an aisle with some other random Halloween magnets.

Went to the renowned Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular at Roger Williams Park Zoo over the weekend. It was very spooky.

3242A720-2391-428B-A05F-D27D723EDC54.thumb.jpeg.9630d6ece6540ab3484f010a793af4cd.jpeg

298B2835-3674-4873-8EDA-DB840149EDE5.thumb.jpeg.d629f0518923a8ccfc16c8be75bfe738.jpeg

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving y'all. Had the dinner yesterday. It was a hecc of a day. Used the leftovers to make turkey stew

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

Happy Thanksgiving y'all. Had the dinner yesterday. It was a hecc of a day. Used the leftovers to make turkey stew

I think you're a month early. Or Canadian, eh?

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Wait till we get to March. Demo won’t stop posting Christmas songs the entire month. 😜

16 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

image.png

14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Wait till we get to March. Demo won’t stop posting Christmas songs the entire month. 😜