Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

2 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Yeah, but a mascot dating sim that is actually published by said company? KFC is a game publisher now.

Maybe I should work at KFC for the "game industry experience"

I’m at the Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience. It’s a pretty nuts show. I thought they were just playing music to the show with some scenes in the backdrop but they’re basically going through the whole show beginning to end.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

Maybe I should work at KFC for the "game industry experience"

More importantly you can find out what all the secret herbs and spices are.

I’m hoping the car dealership will give me a call tomorrow or Friday about my car. On Monday some weird technical glitches were going on as I was driving to work (sound from the stereo system completely went off regardless of radio/CD, air conditioning kept going on and off, etc.) and then when leaving work on Monday I could barely get my car out of park to start driving it. Tuesday morning, had to get my car jump started and drove straight to the dealership. Turns out the alternator was going bad, which explained all the voltage related problems. Luckily my extended warranty covers getting it replaced, so now I’m just waiting for the magic phone call.

I’m glad this car conundrum happened now instead of in the winter. Now that could have been bad! 🥶

Other than that, I’ve been enjoying Chrono Cross’ soundtrack the last few days since it’s now up on iTunes. Few years back I bought a physical copy off Amazon but it ended up being a bootleg, with disc 3 not even working. So needless to say, I’m SUPER happy the soundtrack is available digitally, as I really loved the music of Chrono Cross. In my opinion, it has the best soundtrack on the PS1, particularly in terms of sound quality.

Yasunori Mitsuda did a wonderful job, with songs like “The Dead Sea,” “Shore of Dreams,” “The Bend of Time,” “Zelbess,” “The Girl Who Stole the Stars,” “Marbule (Homeworld),” and “Fate -Divine Destiny,”  being some of my favorites.

And that credits theme, “Radical Dreamers -Le Tresor Interdit-“ sung by Noriko Mitose, is just beautiful. No idea what she’s saying since it’s in Japanese, but I feel not knowing the language doesn’t hurt the song’s meaning/sound. First time I heard it when I finished the game, it got me teary eyed.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Healing up slow and steady. Looking at getting an official tutoring certificate once I heal up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I'm officially a homeowner! The last hour of work before our closing I wanted to puke.

Congrats! House party at your place! I'll bring the soup

• Like 1

I got Parsec up and running so now I can play N64 games with online multiplayer

I finally got my car back, thank goodness! The loaner car was fine, but it didn’t ride nearly as smooth as mine and had some weird features to it with how the wipers and lights worked.

The dealership seems to think it was a voltage problem but in all their test drives they never saw anything out of the ordinary. They didn’t discredit anything I told them/showed them about what it was doing, so the plan now is to drive it as normal and if it starts to act funny again I need to take it back as soon as possible. The head of the service desk (which luckily is a guy I’ve known for years) told me he thinks there still may be a voltage issue, but after getting the corrosion off the battery and checking everything else that now the care should be fine.

I’m really happy to have my car back regardless though. Hopefully there won’t be any more weird BS that happens to it for a long time.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I’ve been watching some hockey and King of Fighters matches throughout the day while exploring in Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The Chicago Blackhawks will be playing at 4 the, so I’m hoping they’ll have a good game against the Detroit Red Wings.

One KoF match that got me hyped was this one from EVO Japan 2019, where the player on the left, Blackwell’s ET, made one hell of a comeback with Oswald in the last round.

Not gonna lie, that comeback and the fact it was with Oswald (who is one of my favorite KoF characters) just made me go like this:

25 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’ve been watching some hockey

Nice! Another hockey fan!

The Chicago Blackhawks will be playing 

Oh.

12 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Nice! Another hockey fan.

Oh.

You aren’t one of THOSE sports fans, are you? The kind who hates others because of the team(s) they like? Don’t do this to me, Drippy!

What teams do you like in the NHL?

This past week was a pain. I had a spot appear in my vision that made me have a panic attack since I had to deal with an eye hemorrhage two months ago that caused some sight problems. The mark that the hemorrhage left hasn't gone away but gotten better. The new spot scared me that my eyes were failing. Had to do an emergency call and had a friend drive me down to get checked out. Only being told that it was a floater and nothing to be concerned about. I can still see it so it is annoying. But oh well. As long as it is not getting worse. Got another appointment next month to check up on my eye.

This summer has been one of the worst with my mom's health issues and my eyes going bad. At least I will be able to end this terrible summer with some Dragon Quest next week.

At least I had a lot of fun this summer with fighting game tournaments. I remain fairly optimistic for the rest of the year.

6 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You aren’t one of THOSE sports fans, are you? The kind who hates others because of the team(s) they like? Don’t do this to me, Drippy!

What teams do you like in the NHL?

Nah not at all. I have a cousin who is a Devils fan, the poor son of a #$*!. I'm a Bruins fan. This year's cup run was one of the most ball breaking experiences I've had.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

Nah not at all. I have a cousin who is a Devils fan, the poor son of a #$*!. I'm a Bruins fan. This year's cup run was one of the most ball breaking experiences I've had.
As a Lightning fan, having my hopes and dreams crushed so utterly and completely sucked.

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
15 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

As a Lightning fan, having my hopes and dreams crushed so utterly and completely sucked.

At least your run was over before it even began.

• Like 1

I've started a search for new Discord servers to hang out in. One of the ones I frequent has the worst head admin. He literally doxxes people and there is nobody to stop him since the owner passed away. I'm hoping the submitted report will be enough. Discord says they take this stuff seriously.

3 hours ago, Democrobot said:

I've started a search for new Discord servers to hang out in. One of the ones I frequent has the worst head admin. He literally doxxes people and there is nobody to stop him since the owner passed away. I'm hoping the submitted report will be enough. Discord says they take this stuff seriously.

I hang at the RPGamer one from time to time since I kinda have to, but they're good people. Mattcraft joined up a while ago.

3 hours ago, Democrobot said:

18 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I hang at the RPGamer one from time to time since I kinda have to, but they're good people. Mattcraft joined up a while ago.

I just stick with Messenger. There’s enough Discord already with the people I talk too on there.

On 9/21/2019 at 12:59 PM, Democrobot said:

Any particular kind of servers you're looking for? I'm a part of a few really good ones, but they may not line up with your interests if that matters.

I started packing a little bit last night before we move on Saturday. I made sure to put all my Dragon Quest stuff in boxes by themselves so I know to take extra care of them.

• Like 1

Well the last two days of work were real craptacular. I’m on the lookout for something else job wise, as I’m not happy with where I’ve been the last few months. Pretty sad I enjoyed my time at my part time job over the weekend more than I enjoy any of my time at my full time job. 

That aside, I’m looking forward to Friday for two reasons: Dragon Quest XI S and the Sega Genesis Mini will be arriving in the mail. I requested Friday off to play Dragon Quest XI S that day, the first time I’ve requested time off just to play a video game on release day.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 11:41 PM, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Any particular kind of servers you're looking for? I'm a part of a few really good ones, but they may not line up with your interests if that matters.

I guess just places to chill and make new friends

Couple days ago I ended up in the ER. That was a wild time. I'm on soft foods now though.

• Like 1

All moved into the house now. We woke up at 630am and finally got into bed at midnight. Time to relax today and play some Ni no Kuni in my new game room.

• Like 1

Working on some children's books. I gotta say the art in the books currently on the market are dull and drab. Hoping mine turn out better.